Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Undead Legacy. More loot, gear, recipes, custom ui, rebalancing.

Post Undead Legacy. More loot, gear, recipes, custom ui, rebalancing.

FEEDBACK & SUPPORT

If you like the mod consider supporting or at the very least leave a comment with your experiences with the mod, thank you!
    People, who helped supporting the mod:
    orangesherbet, Necrodemus, Paincraft, Resistant_Traveller, Steven, MidnightDesigner, All Decked Out, Krunchy_Peanut_Butter

Special thanks to:
    by helping me with improving several hundred of vanilla item descriptions.
    by helped me with adding some food descriptions, fixing spelling and grammar errors.

MAIN FEATURES

• Unique user interface inspired by post-apocalyptic fallout like games.
    • 700+ new items/blocks: workstations, tools, consumables, weapons, ammo, parts, junk, armor etc.
    • 47 Collectible perks (By finding rare magazines).
    • 5 new workstations:
      Smithing Table, Ammunitions Table, Carpenters Bench, Engineering Table, Dye & Paint Table
    • Crafting list replaced by a crafting grid (see screenshots below)
    • Player crafted working ovens and wall ovens.
    • Blacksmith perk with 12 levels, that unlocks most metal related recipes.
    • Looting list rebalanced from top to bottom.
    • The longer you will play and the higher your level will be, the less likely you'll find fresh food, because no one is making sure that the food stored in those fridges without electricity stay fresh. Food itself doesn't perish or rot once obtained.
    • Rebalanced scrap values for many items and blocks.
    • Most electrical items can be scraped into multiple components by Examining them.
    • More challenging and improved crafting recipes.
    • Stacks values changed for majority of items/blocks, more info here
    • All Container slots rebalanced.
    • Support for EAC - mod doesn't change core assets of the game.
    • Support for both single player and dedicated servers.
    • Increased backpack version available with 80 slot backpack!
    • Increased minibike storage up to 80 slots from vanilla 15 slots!

SCREENSHOTS

TERMS OF USE
    Spoiler: 

E-Mail: [email protected]
    Forum profile: https://7daystodie.com/forums/member.php?96669-Subquake
    Link to these terms of use: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post512718

Terms:
    • Mod Author - Subquake, the developer and author of Undead Legacy.

Usage:
    1. You are allowed to use Undead Legacy with or without any kind of modifications to its source material. All modifications and/or derivative works of Undead Legacy are restricted to private use only if not stated otherwise with written consent from Mod Author.
    2. Your rights to use, reuse, distribute, duplicate, copy and modify Undead Legacy is limited to private use only if not stated otherwise with written consent from Mod Author.
    3. Mod Author is not responsible for any damage, that may be inflicted during an incorrect or correct installation of Undead Legacy.
    4. All artwork related files (any format of images or video files) for Undead Legacy posted, shared or distributed by Mod Author in any form (digital or physical) belong to Mod Author unless stated otherwise by Mod Author and duplicating/copying these files is limited to private use only unless stated otherwise by a written consent by Mod Author.
    5. If you have a written consent (digital or physical) from Mod Author to do one or more of the following: use, reuse, distribute, duplicate, copy or modify Undead Legacy outside of private use only, you are obligated to give appropriate credit to Mod Author, provide a link to the original source of Undead Legacy and these Terms of use, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the Mod Author endorses you or your use.

COMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER MODS
    Spoiler: 

Undead Legacy is not compatible with mods, that might change the following files:
    • Data\Config\items.xml
    • Data\Config\blocks.xml
    • Data\Config\quests.xml
    • Data\Config\recipes.xml
    • Data\Config\loot.xml
    • Data\Config\traders.xml
    • Data\Config\materials.xml
    • Data\Config\progression.xml
    • Data\Config\buffs.xml
    • Data\Config\qualityinfo.xml
    • Data\Config\Localization.txt
    • Data\Config\Localization - Quest.txt
    • Data\Config\xui.xml
    • Data\Config\XUi\controls.xml
    • Data\Config\XUi\styles.xml
    • Data\Config\XUi\windows.xml

If any of other mods you are trying to play with Undead Legacy conflicts with the above mentioned files, I can no longer guarantee, that You will get the full experience of Undead Legacy.

Tested and compatible mods:

DOWNLOAD
    Release
    Date
    Game
    Version
    Mod
    Version
    80 Slot Backpack
    (EasyAntiCheat turned off)
    Vanilla Backpack
    (EasyAntiCheat Friendly)
    2018-01-20 Alpha 16.4 1.2.4.3 Patch Notes DOWNLOAD DOWNLOAD

Also available on: Mod Launcher by Sphereii

LINKS

If you like the mod, consider donating!
    If you like the mod, consider becoming a patreon!
    Latest news about the mod and related patches.
    Discuss and give live feedback about Undead Legacy.
    YouTube video explaining how to install Undead Legacy
    Statistics about how much the mod has been downloaded officially
    A list of all the available Undead Legacy versions, including older ones

HOW TO INSTALL MANUALLY (QUICK GUIDE)

Last edited by Subquake; 59 Minutes Ago at 11:28 PM.

I like this look and am excited to see it finished and give it a try. Nice work!

Refugee
    ui mod only would be also nice

TERMS OF USE
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-Mail: [email protected]
    Forum profile: https://7daystodie.com/forums/member.php?96669-Subquake

Terms:
    • Mod Author - Subquake, the developer and author of Undead Legacy.

Usage:
    1. You are allowed to use Undead Legacy with or without any kind of modifications to its source material. All modifications and/or derivative works of Undead Legacy are restricted to private use only if not stated otherwise with written consent from Mod Author.
    2. Your rights to use, reuse, distribute, duplicate, copy and modify Undead Legacy is limited to private use only if not stated otherwise with written consent from Mod Author.
    3. Mod Author is not responsible for any damage, that may be inflicted during an incorrect or correct installation of Undead Legacy.
    4. All artwork related files (any format of images or video files) for Undead Legacy posted, shared or distributed by Mod Author in any form (digital or physical) belong to Mod Author unless stated otherwise by Mod Author and duplicating/copying these files is limited to private use only unless stated otherwise by a written consent by Mod Author.
    5. If you have a written consent (digital or physical) from Mod Author to do one or more of the following: use, reuse, distribute, duplicate, copy or modify Undead Legacy outside of private use only, you are obligated to give appropriate credit to Mod Author, provide a link to the original source of Undead Legacy and these Terms of use, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the Mod Author endorses you or your use.
    Last edited by Subquake; 11-05-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Wow looks epic! Keep up the good work!

PERMISSIONS

Here's a list of users, that were granted permission to reuse parts of Undead Legacy for their own mods:

User Assets
    Veldian
    Spoiler: 
    9mmBullet.png
    44MagBullet.png
    762mmBullet.png
    shotgunShell.png
    shotgunSlug.png
    Last edited by Subquake; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:52 PM.

So it's been a while since my last post, but for a good reason. I did some brainstorming about how I want the UI of the windows to look and asked around to my friends and I redrew most of it to have a totally new and hopefully better looking UI (At least I think it's now much better)

I've updated my main post with new screenshots, scratched the old ones.

You are doing an amazing job man. I only wish Atlas Icons could be pushed to the client via URL like the UI.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatKidz View Post
    You are doing an amazing job man. I only wish Atlas Icons could be pushed to the client via URL like the UI.
    I'm sure Steam Workshop support will be available at some point too, they just have their hands busy with other things first.

The fact, that you can push XUI xmls now to clients is very nice and you can make the UI so that the images are pushed from a url too as you mentioned, however I'm making this with local images, so that you can play even when you have no internet access

For anyone interested, here's some bit of code:

in windows.xml
    Code:
    <sprite depth="2" name="backgroundMain" size="452,235" style="ui_image" type="sliced">
    <texture style="bg_item_desc2"/>
    </sprite>
    in styles.xml
    Code:
    <style name="ui_image" type="sprite">
    	<style_entry name="width" value="116"/>
    	<style_entry name="height" value="80"/>
    	<style_entry name="pivot" value="TopLeft"/>
    	<style_entry name="globalopacity" value="true"/>
    	<style_entry name="foregroundlayer" value="true"/>
    	<style_entry name="atlas" value="ItemIconAtlas"/>
    	<style_entry name="sprite" value="_ui_transp" />
    	<style_entry name="tipe" value="Sliced" />
    </style>

<style name="bg_item_desc2" type="texture">
    	<style_entry name="material" value="Materials/Transparent Colored"/>
    	<style_entry name="texture" value="@file:Mods\UndeadLegacy\Textures\UI\Windows\item_desc2.png"/>
    </style>
    It's a relative path to the image, not absolute and this way I have all the images, including the icon images in <game folder>\Mods\UndeadLegacy folder:

Last edited by Subquake; 10-01-2016 at 02:22 AM.

Survivor
    UUu i love when mod have tons of items Hope You even add more in future.GJ we cant wait to see this in A15
    Last edited by Gorys211034; 10-01-2016 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorys211034 View Post
    UUu i love when mod have tons of items Hope You even add more in future.GJ we cant wait to see this in A15
    I also love ton of items, that's why I'm making this mod, since I think while the items the default game offers are nice and all, they are far and few between.

Here's an update: Worked quite a bit to get the hardest workstations UI done, which in my opinion is the forge of course:

And also I updated the workbench:

Untitled-1.jpg
    I have been using the UI push since the first release. I currently am working on an in-game Wiki with the UI for the large amount of mods I have added. I'm currently working on an MMORPG style Mod.

Tracker
    The UI part of your mod looks amazing, i really like the grid list. Think i'll try to make a grid list too for my xui mod (just without those really cool graphics you have )

Quote Originally Posted by Devidian View Post
    The UI part of your mod looks amazing, i really like the grid list. Think i'll try to make a grid list too for my xui mod (just without those really cool graphics you have )
    Excuse my ignorance, and my laziness for posting before searching.

This thread gives me the impression that it is possible for a dedi to store UI XMLs and push them to the client, which raises a few questions in my mind:

Does this make the server go to the modded tab?
    Can a client run any UI version without it causing a problem with EAC/valve when joining a server?

Thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by zigstum View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, and my laziness for posting before searching.

This thread gives me the impression that it is possible for a dedi to store UI XMLs and push them to the client, which raises a few questions in my mind:

Does this make the server go to the modded tab?
    Can a client run any UI version without it causing a problem with EAC/valve when joining a server?

Thanks for your help
    Yes any mod to the UI will put your server in the modded list. Anytime a client joins a dedicated server the UI from the server is pushed to the client meaning it doesn't matter what the clients mods are they will not be used