Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Undead Legacy. More loot, gear, recipes, custom ui, rebalancing.

Quote Originally Posted by BeatKidz View Post
    Yes any mod to the UI will put your server in the modded list. Anytime a client joins a dedicated server the UI from the server is pushed to the client meaning it doesn't matter what the clients mods are they will not be used
    That's very useful info, thanks BeatKidz

@zigstum,

Any kind of xml change on the server side automatically makes it go to the modded server list tab, because well you changed something and it's no longer the default experience

The screenshots are amazing, especially the different colors. Your idea is great. I can't wait to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by dom View Post
    The screenshots are amazing, especially the different colors. Your idea is great. I can't wait to test it.
    Thanks!

I just finished up all the crafting workstation UIs and the loot container window UI, next step is to change the weapon assembly window and minibike window, since they share some similarities regarding part placement.

Once I will be comfortable with the core UI changes, I will definitely share a download link for the UI part of the mod first. That way you will be able to test out the UI separately and give some feedback through using it.

I still have quite a bit of work to do with the additional items so they will be released a bit later. What I still need to do with items before release:
    - add proper economy values (atm every item has economic value of 20)
    - balance out scrap weight amount for new items
    - incorporate most items in crafting recipes

And I should also point out, that with this UI I removed item restrictions for workstation tool slots, so you can place any item you want there, but it will only work with the required items as intended. The only difference is that you can place required tools in any slot and in any combination. I did this, because this will allow me to define more various tools, that might be required to make certain items later on, that will come with the mod.

Some screenshots:
    Workbench
    Forge
    Cement Mixer
    Campfire
    Chemistry Station
    Stove*
    Wall Stove*

UPDATE @07.10.2016:
    Finished first iteration of Weapon Assembly window:

Last edited by Subquake; 10-07-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Looks epic so far

Quote Originally Posted by AzzaFortysix View Post
    Looks epic so far
    Thanks, glad you like it

I finally finished the minibike UI as well, took me quite a while do do it, because I wanted to cramp in a lot of stuff in a very small area. To reduce clutter I removed labels on minibike's parameters and left the icons and values, but when you hover over those values or the icon, it will show what's the stats name. The durability is shown, when hovering over the repair button.

Enough talk, here's some pictures:

More news!

I finished making the character window:

As you can see, it only occupies one side, because I removed the text for the player statistics and moved it to the tooltip, so when you hover over in case you don't know what the icon means, you can get the name of the stat or buff. Also I made the buff info window very similar to the item view window.

Yes, the character model is smaller, but I think this way it's more functional and I think that it looks more coherent instead of having one long strip of inventory slots and the new character model size is appropriate for those slots now, like in many other games (wow, torchlight, fallen earth etc).

Also the temperature is right besides the feels like temperature and I think that this way it's more informative instead of looking across two windows with the inventory in between the stats of the gear and stats of the player.

And on top of all that I added tooltips for the resistances. The default game doesn't have them.
    Last edited by Subquake; 10-10-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Very nice work, any estimates on the release time for the UI mod or the full overhaul?

Refugee
    so cool! nice ,by the way,can it work normal in Lan Game mode ?

Quote Originally Posted by AzzaFortysix View Post
    Very nice work, any estimates on the release time for the UI mod or the full overhaul?
    Not much till the UI part, I want to finish up making the main HUD itself. The rest might take a bit longer, a few weeks give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by cradleyao View Post
    so cool! nice ,by the way,can it work normal in Lan Game mode ?
    Yes it should, I'll make some instructions once portion of it will be available for download

Bud this looks nice! I thought the green would be much but it's not i like it!
    Can't wait to try it!!

Will this mod be for servers also?
    Last edited by Henrique; 10-11-2016 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H3nriQ View Post
    (..) Will this mod be for servers also?
    I'm developing it on a local dedicated server, so Yes, it definitely will support dedicated servers, however clients will require textures to be downloaded by themselves, because as of now game doesn't push item icons to the clients.

The user interface uses some custom textures from ItemIconAtlas and thus also requires textures downloaded separately and those, that will join a server with this mod and without downloaded textures, will have a wall of red text in the console of missing image files.

For server owners it will be basically a two part mod:
    Textures - Required by the client and not the server
    XML edits - Required by the server and not the client

For single player mode:
    Textures + XML files will be required.

Edited the main post and organized it a little bit more tidier and also added a poll question link under an image about the UI changes and you can go and rate how much you like the new look of the UI or just click the image below:

And for those of you, that aren't that patient, I'm working on the main HUD at the moment and once it is done, I'll post a download link for the UI changes.
    Last edited by Subquake; 10-12-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Refugee

So cool!!!

i love this mod! so many slot for itens! so many itens! so cool! *O*

It's taking a while on making the hud, because I want to make a good job with it's own flavor.

Here's a sneak peak on the central bottom hud area (take in mind, it's still work in progress and will look much better when I'm done with it, but the basic layout will be more like that):

[url=http://i.imgur.com/41AbgrA.png]

Update: Added weapon ammo right besides the center hotbar near the thirst/hunger bars:

Last edited by Subquake; 10-13-2016 at 06:54 PM.