Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849

Thread: Bad Company

Quote Originally Posted by Joshep View Post
    There is not bandits on this version? Because i can see the new zombies added but i didnt find any bandit yet.
    The entities are there but I didnt add them to spawning via entitygroups.xml

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    The entities are there but I didnt add them to spawning via entitygroups.xml
    Thanks for your answer. Don't worry, I added it and I tried to play, but it is very difficult to walk more than 5 feet without dying hahaha. Now I have to find a way to make everyone appear in the game but less frequently and in smaller groups. What I did was create a group in entitygroups.xml of each type of bandit (Normal in one group, Dread in another, TheMaker in another ... and finally Melee in a different group) and I added each group to spawning.xml. Now 4 or 5 bandits from each group appear in the same place hahaha. I don't know how to solve this.

Reconstructionist Darkstardragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshep View Post
    Thanks for your answer. Don't worry, I added it and I tried to play, but it is very difficult to walk more than 5 feet without dying hahaha. Now I have to find a way to make everyone appear in the game but less frequently and in smaller groups. What I did was create a group in entitygroups.xml of each type of bandit (Normal in one group, Dread in another, TheMaker in another ... and finally Melee in a different group) and I added each group to spawning.xml. Now 4 or 5 bandits from each group appear in the same place hahaha. I don't know how to solve this.
    Put them all in one group with invisibleAnimal and give invisibleAnimal the most chance to spawn, greater than 50 out of 100. Spread the 50 or whatever left over among the rest of the bandits.
    Last edited by Darkstardragon; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:31 PM.

Hello Stompy, I'm trying to figure out the spawning and the blood moon spawning and cant help but notice all your new zombies are in groups in the entitygroups but only a few groups are actually in the spawning.xml and i haven't seen either of all the other groups in the xml. and I've noticed the horde night spawner has only vanilla zedz.. Also on the main page your say prefabs have been added, yet in the download there is no prefabs ? Am I doing something wrong ? thx !

Quote Originally Posted by KorruptkSwades View Post
    Hello Stompy, I'm trying to figure out the spawning and the blood moon spawning and cant help but notice all your new zombies are in groups in the entitygroups but only a few groups are actually in the spawning.xml and i haven't seen either of all the other groups in the xml. and I've noticed the horde night spawner has only vanilla zedz.. Also on the main page your say prefabs have been added, yet in the download there is no prefabs ? Am I doing something wrong ? thx !
    I didnt add the uma's to bloodmoon as they are harder on fps and bloodmoons are already bad on my system with the radiated

I also had plans to make a spawner generator, but got distracted with other projects so its still on in planning stage.

The prefabs havent been updated from a15 yet, so I have only added the zombies back in for now.

Im a bit burnt out on xml modding and changing everything each alpha so just doing the zombies for now. Maybe after the next block/prefab massive overhaul in a17 I will focus on prefabs again.

I understand for the fps
    I've seen there is a generator out there for the spawn gamestages etc.
    I was also wondering what's doe the final wave of the blood moons like? eg. 1 zed at a time or a bunch constantly? I like a bunch But im unsure if Guppycurs Fix would work...

I added the prefabs folder then i realised that wouldn't work. not sure if im gonna attempt myself at adding them - not much experience with prefabs side.

up to now im liking the new guys i've enabled the bandits n am "tailoring" them for a nice city experience.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Should work.

I added the prefabs folder then i realised that wouldn't work. not sure if im gonna attempt myself at adding them - not much experience with prefabs side.
    I'd recommend grabbing the prefab compo pack if you want more variety

I can't remember if I put a rwgmixer in the current bad co, but if so just remove mine and use Magoli's

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Should work.
    cool so all i need to do is take yours gamestage. can i add in or replace the part where Bad Companies Sleeper Spawn goes inside the gamestage xml?

@StompyNZ; so your rwgmixer doesnt add in anything ? it is with the mod

Edit: I just compared and scrutinized the rwgmixer from magoli n yours n in the areas that are vanilla there r no difference

merge question:
    So i am attempting to merge the Sleeper Spawns of Bad Company into the vanilla ones of Guppycurs gamestage.xml.

i've noticed that none of the sleeper spawns overwrite any stage in the vanilla one so i thought i could stuff em together but im unsure about the chronology of the stages if they absolutely need top be one after the other.

eg:

Let's say guppycurs has stage 1 through stage 5 then nothing then stage 7 through 11 and so on
    lets say stompynz has stage 6, stage 12 13 . can i stuff em in there or is it gonna go wacko on me ?
    ps: i am only touching the SleeperGSList .
    Last edited by KorruptkSwades; 6 Days Ago at 10:43 PM.

cool so all i need to do is take yours gamestage. can i add in or replace the part where Bad Companies Sleeper Spawn goes inside the gamestage xml?

@StompyNZ; so your rwgmixer doesnt add in anything ? it is with the mod

Edit: I just compared and scrutinized the rwgmixer from magoli n yours n in the areas that are vanilla there r no difference

merge question:
    So i am attempting to merge the Sleeper Spawns of Bad Company into the vanilla ones of Guppycurs gamestage.xml.

i've noticed that none of the sleeper spawns overwrite any stage in the vanilla one so i thought i could stuff em together but im unsure about the chronology of the stages if they absolutely need top be one after the other.

eg:

Let's say guppycurs has stage 1 through stage 5 then nothing then stage 7 through 11 and so on
    lets say stompynz has stage 6, stage 12 13 . can i stuff em in there or is it gonna go wacko on me ?
    ps: i am only touching the SleeperGSList .
    dont worry about editing the sleeper stuff, they should be done as much as you need them to be

just copy my sleeper section into guppys one. If you want to adjust what spawns and when you would be better off editing the entity groups instead

ZombiesTierGroup01 - 07 are used for spawning and contain a mix of the zombies with different probs etc based on the teir. The ZombiesBCTier01-10 are there more as helpers and for my SM to make use of (spawn horde /group=ZombiesBCTier10 /count=100 - fun times! 100 glowy cops)

My rwgmixer in the mod is just a few tweaks such as flattening the landscape and increasing city and wilderness PoIs etc, no new prefabs in it.