Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Bad Company

Quote Originally Posted by Captainweirdo View Post
    Does anybody just have the bandits code for alpha 16 and where to apply it I loved a15 bad company
    check back through the last couple of pages, pretty much covered the requirements

Ranger
    I have a question please: I've been using this for awhile now and love the variety, but def noticed the increased load on my system. Recently, Darkness Falls and Ravenhearst added pregenerated UMA textures for their archetypes to their mod download packages, that are supposedly smaller/less load heavy than letting the game generate them. Is it possible to do the same for this mod?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Yes; once you generate the textures, you can edit them directly from the folder to decrease their quality.

Ranger
    My UMA textures folder always stays empty. Are the textures only in there while the game is running?

the uma code is buggy

I have all uma's set as player so all the textures are generated on spawn

If you use non player types it will create and use the textures, but they are at full res and with the number bad co uses you probably won't even be able to load to the menu.

Ranger
    Thanks! So it's only a matter of changing type=player to type=zombie in archetypes? I might try by loading only a subset, to optimize at least my fav ones that I don't wanna lose.

Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Thanks! So it's only a matter of changing type=player to type=zombie in archetypes? I might try by loading only a subset, to optimize at least my fav ones that I don't wanna lose.
    Yeah that's one option. I'd try about 10 max first time, then if that loads ok try adding a few more

Hopefully the system can get a little attention for a17 to fix the main bugs.

- - - Updated - - -

oh and if you get an error on loading you may need to add an empty UMATextures folder before you try to generate them

Refugee

New bandit chainsaw and range from bandit fixed

Hi , i make a small remake of bad company from npc bandit chainsaw cause he was a bit annoying cause he doesnt target the box properly... so i make a new one ( i add the utilityai for the bandits ranged too ) -> "keep a distance / flee" .

and I would like to have some opinion ! ^^

the stats from the entity is a bit fat. it s just a test..but i think it should be interesting for the players with a high level who are bored in pve or pvp should be fun too..
    Last edited by odolinski; 04-05-2018 at 03:00 PM.

but what if we just want small amounts of bandits and friendly NPC's to spawn naturally, though rarely, into the world? is there a mod version for just adding them? My players want our map to fee a bit alive without dragging the server down too much.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    If you want a really alive world, try the medieval mod...

...but otherwise, you'll have to edit the boime spawning portion of the xml's to include a bandit group that infrequently spawns to that, and then make entity groups that reflect the bandits themselves. Use invisibleAnimal (like tfp does animals) to control the spawns a bit better and make them less frequent.

Survivor
    For some reason I can't spawn the bandit when I try using f6, zombies no problem. I got for error; object reference not set to an instance of an object.

In my log;

2018-07-17T11:53:56 52.064 INF Executing command 'dm'
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at FactionManager.GetFactionByName (System.String _name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityAlive.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityNPC.CopyPropertiesFromEntityClass () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Entity.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityAlive.Init (Int32 _entityClass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (.EntityCreationData _ecd) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (Int32 _et, Int32 _id, .ItemValue _itemValue, Int32 _count, Vector3 _transformPos, Vector3 _transformRot, Single _lifetime, Int32 _playerId, System.String _skinName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (Int32 _et, Int32 _id, Vector3 _transformPos, Vector3 _rotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at EntityFactory.CreateEntity (Int32 _et, Vector3 _transformPos, Vector3 _rotation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at XUiC_SpawnMenu.BBG (Int32 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at XUiC_SpawnMenu+QE.WZ (.XUiController , .OnPressEventArgs ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at (wrapper delegate-invoke) XUiEvent_OnPressEventHandler:invoke_void__this___X UiController_OnPressEventArgs (XUiController,OnPressEventArgs)
    at XUiController.OnPressed (.OnPressEventArgs _e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at XUiController.Pressed (Int32 mouseButton) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at XUiView.NGuiButtonOnClick (UnityEngine.Transform _t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at NGuiButtonOnClickHandler.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SendMessage(String, Object, SendMessageOptions)
    UICamera:Notify(GameObject, String, Object)
    UICamera:ProcessTouch(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
    UICamera:ProcessMouse()
    UICamera:ProcessTouches()
    UICamera:Update()

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-07-17T11:54:06 62.536 INF Time: 0.78m FPS: 57.61 Heap: 720.8MB Max: 720.8MB Chunks: 361 CGO: 261 Ply: 1 Zom: 12 Ent: 13 (14) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 3228.0MB
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at UpdateLight.UpdateLighting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UpdateLightOnAllMaterials.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

2018-07-17T11:54:10 65.765 INF Disconnect

Hope you can help with that.