Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flashlight test

Scavenger

Flashlight test

Hey just wondering if it's just my game or not but has the flashlight attached to a weapon is super bright for you because for me it's as bright as holding a mobile spotlight the only thing I haven't tried is just using the flashlight as is without attached to a weapon.
    I have used it with the miners helmet and without with still no change.

I have posted this as a bug already in the bug section I just wanted to see with this thread with other players if they are having the same problem.
    I know this isn't a game breaking bug but anything that needs fixing we might as well bring it up and try to get a fix since we all play the game.

Hunter
    It's not a bug. It's the lighting that we are now lumbered with for the time being, because loads of people whinged and moaned about the far superior and more realistic dynamic lighting.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by NavezGuy View Post
    It's not a bug. It's the lighting that we are now lumbered with for the time being, because loads of people whinged and moaned about the far superior and more realistic dynamic lighting.
    I'm not too sure I think it's a bug because you can't have a small flashlight produce that much light because the miners helmet don't even produce near half of what the flashlight is capable now. I can see the difference in the darkness between patches but the light that flashlight produces now is the entire screen not a circle like it was or suppose to.

Colony Founder
    it's the way the game is intended. this is what it was suppose to be. it was fixed in patch 3

- - - Updated - - -

whinged because it was broken thats why it was fixed.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by davethebakerx2 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

whinged because it was broken thats why it was fixed.
    It wasn't broken, but it is now. It's far too bright and unrealistic. A world without electricity is bound to be dark.

Colony Founder
    It wasn't broken, but it is now. It's far too bright and unrealistic. A world without electricity is bound to be dark.
    read the patch 3 notes. im not saying it needed changed the developers said it needed changed.

Hunter
    This is what the patch notes say

* Fixed an issue where the lighting update in Patch 2 caused lighting inside buildings to be too dark.

* Fixed an issue introduced in Patch 2 that caused the Mining Helmet light to be too dark and have a dark ring obstructing the player’s view.

"An issue", not a bug. It wasn't broken, it was realistic. It was only an issue because some people made it an issue.

Survivor
    I'm not sure what part of a game about a post-apocolyptic, zombie infested world you consider "real", but I do know that when I play a game I'd like to be able to actually see what I'm doing so I have a chance to derive enjoyment from my leisure time.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Loki View Post
    I'm not sure what part of a game about a post-apocolyptic, zombie infested world you consider "real", but I do know that when I play a game I'd like to be able to actually see what I'm doing so I have a chance to derive enjoyment from my leisure time.
    It's supposed to be a realistic survival game. The realistic lighting was a lot nicer. If you want to actually see, go out in the day time, or find a higher quality flashlight/ Mining Helmet. It's not rocket science.

Survivor
    It's supposed to be a realistic survival game. The realistic lighting was a lot nicer. If you want to actually see, go out in the day time, or find a higher quality flashlight/ Mining Helmet. It's not rocket science.
    Well the same could be said for your choice, you want it darker then go out at night or turn off your lights!

No one is more right or wrong that the other, it is merely a personal preference.

Regardless, the game development team clearly considered the lighting to be too dark and decided that a tweak was in order. TFP know what they want the game to be and work to keep it that way.

Colony Founder
    you can call it anything you want. my point is its not broken. not liking something does not mean it is broken. the lights were causing motion sickness. right now there working on the multi player issues. why not just turn down your tv brightness

Hunter
    Because turning the TV brightness down isn't the same as having dynamic lighting. It's a post apocalyptic world with no electricity. It's supposed to be dark. Candles, flashlights and mining helmets don't light up an entire room in real life. Look at the lighting on alpha 15 and compare it to the crap lighting that we now have.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Loki View Post
    No one is more right or wrong that the other, it is merely a personal preference.
    In that case, we should have a choice to turn the dynamic lighting on or off in the settings. Then everyone is happy.

For me Lighting is still broken, if it was claimed it was broken in the first place when I had no issues with it, then it is still broken now, just the other way round.

See for me and many others based on the other related posts, after the change, there was no lighting issue at all for us. Dark was dark but it was not “blacked out” as some had claimed. Then the mining Helmet issue, for me I had no Black Ring, I had a darker ring but it was still see through, so I did not experience the issues others stated. To be honest for me and my set up, it felt just about right and with the dynamic lighting effect also gave a far more ambient feel to the whole game.

The current lighting has now resulted in going too far the other way, I can very clearly see at night now, I do not need the miner’s helmet light or torches etc…… That can’t be right.., that can’t be the intent for this kind of game.

As for day time, now it all looks bleached out/over saturated and just plain flat, the desert now just hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. There is no way you can tell me this is not “Broken”, it is still as broken this way as it was the other.

I don’t doubt others had issues with too dark, I have no idea about their settings and display options but if I now turn down my brightness and or Gamma, I just end up with turning any resultant darker area into just a flat blackness. So that’s not really an option as turning up the brightness was not a workaround either when the other way.

There have been as many posts about this new lighting issue as there was the other way round, we are only pointing out that for those who did not have the problems you were experiencing, we are now left with an inferior looking result. This is a step backwards what-ever way you want to paint it.

All that was asked for was for more in game options to adjust brightness, saturation and gamma. That way we can all adjust to our personal settings and preference. This has already been picked up by Claire and passed to the team.

And…….Yes there are other issues and they need addressing first, that I am not contesting.

But IMO lighting is not fixed.

I truly hope this current lighting is no more than a stop gap for now. At present in my opinion “Minesomthing or other” is more scary than 7D is at night now.

Colony Founder
    Because turning the TV brightness down isn't the same as having dynamic lighting. It's a post apocalyptic world with no electricity. It's supposed to be dark. Candles, flashlights and mining helmets don't light up an entire room in real life. Look at the lighting on alpha 15 and compare it to the crap lighting that we now have.
    play the pc version then. as for electricity, how are the street lights still lit up then? my flashlight lights up a whole room i suggest buying a better flashlight.