Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your Base Design: I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKAPOCOLYPSE View Post
    Great builds guys, ill post mine when I can, I love the building in the game I think people should post if its a creative or survival build, and if its single player or multiplayer, love the designs.
    Mine was done in singleplayer and survival.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by maughanorama View Post
    That castle is cool. Did you build it in creative or in game?
    Private multiplayer game. 120 minute days. Nomad difficulty. Loot respawn 30 days. The big pit started as the In game mine on navezgane map but a cave in turned that into an open pit mine. Most of the stone for the concrete came from this pit as it was mined layer by layer. The mini bike track started as a joke with my friends who play on the server and after some thought we said what the heck. Now there is three tracks to race on lol.
    Last edited by FARMER1983; 09-29-2016 at 10:09 PM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post

My gosh....it's so.... beautiful....
    Hahaha thanks Claire, it took more patience than I expected! I think I forgot to put the other screenshot but the other side of the pyramid has hundreds of corn, blueberry, potato and coffee planted, I had even been starting to TRY to build some form of water fountain!

Survivor
    Wow, so much variety. Loving it all.

I promise I will post mine, when my husband stops re-starting us every 2 or 3 weeks into each game.

We played a lot on Navezgane, then tried a RG world where I got the base really well developed, but the world was so unstable it was quite frustrating trying to play it. So we've gone back to Navezgane again, currently on day 15.

Keep posting them everyone.

Survivor
    Hi guys, here's my latest build, still a work in progress. But my idea is to make a survivor complex, long way to go.

Its a survival build with settings all on default, and its a single player on random gen.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-07-2016 at 06:17 AM. Reason: switched to embedded video

Zombie Hunter
    Mate that massive really good base must have taken ages to build

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by maughanorama View Post
    Mate that massive really good base must have taken ages to build
    Thanks mate, its taken me about 170 hours up to now and I've got a lot more to build. My base did consist of lots of individual buildings linked underground but I wanted to make one large base so I started building the walls. Every section of my base was impenetrable so surviving became easy so building is the challenge for me at the minute and I enjoy it, I get bored of gathering resources though lol but I want to do the game on survival and not creative.

Zombie Hunter
    Yer thats where im at. Survival is now easy and gathering resources is boring. Im tunneling evrrywhere at the moment just because i wanna get more rock

Tracker
    Nothing fancy yet, but my bases keep getting bigger each time. 10-1-2016_5-44-02_PM.jpg10-1-2016_5-44-21_PM.jpg10-1-2016_5-44-31_PM.jpg10-1-2016_5-44-54_PM.jpg

I don't have the images of the base (at work), but I made this quick base layout drawing.

The left (square) is a top down view.

We dug a pit around the whole base and placed fully upgraded Log Spikes in the bottom of the pit (marked as brown).

On the inner wall (the grey with O's) there are half-columns which we can shoot through, but the zombies are stuck ontop of the log spikes between the outer concrete wall and the concrete columns.

Basically we just stand there and melee the zombies or shoot them.

On the right you can see a sideview of the pit.

Underneath the Log Spikes we have made an access tunnel that runs all the way under all of the spikes. The Spikes rest ontop of half or quarter (can't remember which) concrete blocks which allows us to:

1) Repair or place logspikes from underneath rather than from above.
    2) Allows us to loot any zombies we can't reach through the columns.

We also added supply crates (blue icons) along the backwall from the colums so when we are looting large hordes we can just stash items into those boxes to prevent our inventory from overflowing.

It's a great setup that keeps you safe while providing easy maintenance and allows for looting virtually every zombie in a horde.

7D2D base layout.jpg

That looks efficient. =)

When I do get to play for a longer period I always aim to try something different so I haven't revisited that in forever. Wonder if the GazzTech™ Loot Dispenser still works.

Survivor
    Great build, looks nice and efficient, I like the tower on top of the pit, I look forward to seeing more as you expand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EltzNC View Post
    My last post was a reply to this post, quote didn't work for some reason.

So my base is completely underground at bedrock since I got fed up with horde nights, I only sneak up after horde nights to hunt the ferals. So I don't have any impressive defensive structures to show, although I am planning to build something in the future. But this is what I call home in the post apocalyptic landscape, all built in single player survival:

7 Days to Die_20161002231143.jpg

The forge- and crafting room.

7 Days to Die_20161002231206.jpg

Mini bike garage combined with an area where I store my assembled guns, a desk where I have challenge notes and treasure map. A mission preparation area sort of. The tunnel straight ahead is a ramp leading to the surface. That took quite some time to dig out, but I'm happy with it now.

7 Days to Die_20161002231218.jpg

Main entrance with a shaft to the surface straight ahead. I actually have several exits, in addition to the garage exit and lately I've mostly been using the service exit back in the forge room.

7 Days to Die_20161002231237.jpg

Bedroom with some poor attempt at abstract art to liven up the place, and a walk-in closet to the right...

7 Days to Die_20161002231304.jpg

...and the toilet to the left. To the far left there is an unfinished area with a pool that I've tried various ways to fill up. I can fill up the bottom layer without any problems, but any layers beyond that? Unpredictable at best. If anyone has any ideas on how to fill the pool I would gladly welcome them.
    Last edited by DeathGrowl; 10-04-2016 at 11:39 AM.

In continuation,

7 Days to Die_20161002231325.jpg

A view of the kitchen from the bedroom area. I totally stole the idea of having the bedroom on a mezzanine level from Skippy0330, thanks mate!

7 Days to Die_20161002231416.jpg

The underground garden, one of three plots. It's accessible through the service exit by the forge room.

7 Days to Die_20161002231423.jpg

Looking up from the garden, fifty meters below the surface. My living quarters are 50 meters below the garden.

7 Days to Die_20161002231450.jpg

Underground tree farm, right next to the garden, with some additional garden space.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGrowl View Post
    Underground tree farm
    Farming level: Expert. =)