Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your Base Design: I'll show you mine if you show me yours

Refugee
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

One of my bases, flood lit and chopped down all the plants outside as I'm blind as a bat and need it bright. Had wasted many bullets thinking the zombie was hard as nails, but turned out it was cacti >.<
    Last edited by Bridy; 10-04-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Last edited by DoucheVader; 10-11-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenw92 View Post
    Sorry... not sure if these will work but... yeah, 120 hours, no zombies and this is what I came up with. On top of a hill then all the way down to bedrock

https://goo.gl/photos/F6jdnkaGKpxgKwz9A

https://goo.gl/photos/ifhBzJpFZNfGfjpz7
    Which platform do you play on? I would love to check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by FARMER1983 View Post
    NICE!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKAPOCOLYPSE View Post
    Great builds guys, ill post mine when I can, I love the building in the game I think people should post if its a creative or survival build, and if its single player or multiplayer, love the designs.
    There are a great deal of blocks you can't craft in non-Creative Mode so if you see any of them you know its Creative.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACKAPOCOLYPSE View Post
    Hi guys, here's my latest build, still a work in progress. But my idea is to make a survivor complex, long way to go. http://youtu.be/oZtorth0ALQ

Its a survival build with settings all on default, and its a single player on random gen.
    What kind of material gave you that nice stone wall texture?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfiend View Post
    I don't have the images of the base (at work), but I made this quick base layout drawing.

The left (square) is a top down view.

We dug a pit around the whole base and placed fully upgraded Log Spikes in the bottom of the pit (marked as brown).

On the inner wall (the grey with O's) there are half-columns which we can shoot through, but the zombies are stuck ontop of the log spikes between the outer concrete wall and the concrete columns.

Attachment 17300
    Can you make this image a LITTLE SMALLER please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    That looks efficient. =)

When I do get to play for a longer period I always aim to try something different so I haven't revisited that in forever. Wonder if the GazzTech™ Loot Dispenser still works.
    This design?

If you could let us know if that still works that would be great.

How did you get the glass around that ladder? Is that an earlier version of the game kind of thing that has been patched out?

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGrowl View Post

The underground garden, one of three plots. It's accessible through the service exit by the forge room.

Looking up from the garden, fifty meters below the surface. My living quarters are 50 meters below the garden.

Underground tree farm, right next to the garden, with some additional garden space.
    Is your garden at Bedrock? Also in that 2nd picture what did you use to make the grate? Standard iron bars?

That can't be the iron bars it has a cross hatch pattern, the bars are just straight across.
    Last edited by DoucheVader; 10-04-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DoucheVader View Post
    How did you get the glass around that ladder? Is that an earlier version of the game kind of thing that has been patched out?
    Ah, that was modded. If I want a block, I put it in. =)
    Now there is business glass which should do the same thing.

Survivor
    What kind of material gave you that nice stone wall texture?
    Most of my outer walls are white adobe, in my base I mainly build with cobblestone , concrete and steel. I use cobblestone then upgrade to adobe then concrete. I like how cobblestone looks but its to weak for defence.

What platforms are you guys on? We should start an instance and make some super structure. LOL

Survivor
    What platforms are you guys on? We should start an instance and make some super structure. LOL
    I'm on xbox one mate.

Is your garden at Bedrock? Also in that 2nd picture what did you use to make the grate? Standard iron bars?

That can't be the iron bars it has a cross hatch pattern, the bars are just straight across.
    No, the garden is about 50 meters down from the surface, at sea level (0 m) and bedrock is a bit over 50 meters below that. So the garden is halfway between my living quarters and the surface.

And the grate is made of two layers, and iron bars make up the lower layer for integrity and protection. But I don't like that iron bars aren't flush with the surface when you place them horizontally, so I put scrap iron grates on top. They are actually considered a part of the block above the surface but they still lie flush with the surface which looks better in my opinion. Scrap iron grates might not be the prettiest block, but they can be upgraded and will look like a side of metal trussing. I'm thinking of trying it out for a prettier look but I'll have to test if they still allow sunlight to pass through in that state. Metal trussing does not allow sunlight to pass through, so nothing will grow underneath that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathGrowl View Post
    And the grate is made of two layers, and iron bars make up the lower layer for integrity and protection. But I don't like that iron bars aren't flush with the surface when you place them horizontally, so I put scrap iron grates on top. They are actually considered a part of the block above the surface but they still lie flush with the surface which looks better in my opinion. Scrap iron grates might not be the prettiest block, but they can be upgraded and will look like a side of metal trussing. I'm thinking of trying it out for a prettier look but I'll have to test if they still allow sunlight to pass through in that state. Metal trussing does not allow sunlight to pass through, so nothing will grow underneath that.
    Yeah the Iron Bars get on my nerves too and I don't think they will even go flush with a 1/2 block either.

So I assume this is all good for sunlight traveling though? I have heard some things do not allow light through for a garden but you can definitely see through them. I believe the metal trussing is one such block that will not allow sunlight to pass.

I recommend metal ladders.