Thread: Stupid question but, how do I find clay in the snow biome?

Refugee

Stupid question but, how do I find clay in the snow biome?

^title, but seriously.
    Clay is easy to spot on most biomes, since its dark brown color can be distinguished from sand,grass and destroyed stone, but when I arrive at a snow biome everything is covered in... well... snow. So is there any way to easily find clay there or just the ol' dig down until you find dirt and hope you find clay there?

Ranger
    Pray and dig?
    Or dig up all the snow and you can see it XD

easiest way... leave the snow biome to collect it.

Refugee
    Dig in the snow till you hit dirt, then choose a direction and just keep digging at that level till you find some

Tracker
    Hopefully you will be able to just buy it in bulk from the traders.

Gazz made it sound like they can carry stone and clay now, although I have not seen it yet.

Refugee
    I snow biome exists in General stores near a house, but first needs to kill all zombies not to die. is even leaning against a house that has a "ramp" with two cars on it.

Survivor
    If you're looking for clay to make things like flagstone blocks, there might be an better alternative.

Make/find/buy a shovel. When you're out and about, you'll notice those blue blocks (looks like a tarp covering) They're pretty plentiful everywhere. Dig into those blocks and you'll be rewarded with cobblestone rocks. On default settings, you'll get about 30 CR's per block. That's enough to make 7 flagstone blocks (or for upgrading existing ones), and takes a few seconds. Some of those camps have half a dozen or so, and they're easily found basically everywhere.

Same thing goes for concrete mix. You'll see bags of it all over, sometimes on a pallet or otherwise sitting in different places. Dig at those and you'll be making concrete in incredibly short order (read: easily done on day 1).

If you just need clay for bricks and forge items, etc, literally just dig under the snow. Clay is basically everywhere now.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Sawth77 View Post
    If you're looking for clay to make things like flagstone blocks, there might be an better alternative.

Make/find/buy a shovel. When you're out and about, you'll notice those blue blocks (looks like a tarp covering) They're pretty plentiful everywhere. Dig into those blocks and you'll be rewarded with cobblestone rocks. On default settings, you'll get about 30 CR's per block. That's enough to make 7 flagstone blocks (or for upgrading existing ones), and takes a few seconds. Some of those camps have half a dozen or so, and they're easily found basically everywhere.

Same thing goes for concrete mix. You'll see bags of it all over, sometimes on a pallet or otherwise sitting in different places. Dig at those and you'll be making concrete in incredibly short order (read: easily done on day 1).

If you just need clay for bricks and forge items, etc, literally just dig under the snow. Clay is basically everywhere now.

Cheers!
    Wow I didn't know those blocks were good for anything. The more ya know. As for the clay in snow biome dig down about 2-4 blocks of snow and you'll hit dirt, which you can then dig up for clay. Only biome its hard to get clay in is desert, the top layer gives u a couple per block, but anything below the top layer gives you 0.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    Wow I didn't know those blocks were good for anything. The more ya know. As for the clay in snow biome dig down about 2-4 blocks of snow and you'll hit dirt, which you can then dig up for clay. Only biome its hard to get clay in is desert, the top layer gives u a couple per block, but anything below the top layer gives you 0.
    Glad to help! The bricks on pallets give about 50 stone by default also, much faster than hitting boulders.

Another source of clay, if they're around, are the giant piles of dirt in front of houses under construction...maybe. Can't remember if it's sand or clay in deserts specifically, may be worth looking at to check. Otherwise, in say green areas, the huge mounds of dirt in front of those places can yield a bit extra.
    Last edited by Sawth77; 1 Week Ago at 07:22 AM. Reason: addition

A wee bit old this thread. Going to close it down to prevent a return journey in 2022.