• -----

0 0%
  • A16 Experimental:Achieved

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 1769 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

IMPORTANT NOTE: Alpha 16 began development on October 6th, 2016.
    Experimental Release is estimated to be in Early June with the stable general release approximately 2-3 weeks afterwards.

Hey everyone, Its time to talk about A16. We will add to this list as we go, this is just some stuff I'm personally pretty sure we can accomplish.

Spawn and AI improvements
    * Create new volume based Sleeper system and sleeper helper points (confirmed for A16)
    * Bloodmoon, Dynamic and Sleeper spawns all use partying and dynamic difficulty game stages (confirmed for A16)
    * Player stealth improvements (confirmed for A16)

Electricity
    * Craft generators, solar panels, or use battery banks to power electric devices (confirmed for A16)
    * New powered traps that chop zombies, burn them, and more (confirmed for A16)
    * Run wire from power sources to switches, relays, pressure plates, and appliances (confirmed for A16)
    * New wire tool will attach and cut wire (confirmed for A16)

Blocks and Building
    *Jail Cell door (confirmed for A16)
    *Iron Bar block with outside, center, and inside edge rotations (confirmed for A16)
    *Outside corner stairs (confirmed for A16)
    *Unified block system which allows for 24 rotations and texture alignment between blocks (confirmed for A16)
    *Painting tool that will allow for multiple textures and colors for greater building variety (confirmed for A16)
    *Bulletproof Glass (confirmed for A16)
    *Rain Gutters (confirmed for A16)
    *3d Ladders (confirmed for A16)

Items, Traps, Weapons
    *Spinning Blade trap (confirmed for A16)
    *Arrow trap (confirmed for A16)
    *Molotov Cocktail (confirmed for A16)
    *Compound Bow (confirmed for A16)
    *Auto Turrets (confirmed for A16)
    *Electrified Fences (confirmed for A16)

More Character options.
    *New beards (confirmed for A16)
    *More hair styles (confirmed for A16)
    *New clothing (confirmed for A16)

New and redone animals:

*Replace bears (confirmed for A16)
    *Replace hornet with zombie vulture (confirmed for A16)
    *Add snakes to desert and plains (confirmed for A16)
    *Add wolves to appropriate areas. (confirmed for A16)
    *Add dire wolves to appropriate areas (confirmed for A16)
    *Replace pig with wild boar (confirmed for A16)
    *Improved fur for animals with fur (confirmed for A16)

Improved crops
    *Potatoes and other 2d card crops need real 3d versions (Might be post launch A16)

Game Controls Improvements
    *100% Gamepad controller support (confirmed for A16)
    *In Menu Hotkeys for scrap, wear, drop, craft, etc. (confirmed for A16)

Redo main menu
    *Replace old legacy menu with an updated smoother flowing one. (Might be post launch A16)
    *Clean up old options (Might be post launch A16)
    *Add new dead is dead mode (Might be post launch A16)
    *Add Zombies run during the day and walk at night option (Might be post launch A16)

New zombies
    *Fat Hawaiian Shirt zombie is back (Confirmed for A16)
    *Feral versions of every zombie that have more hp, hit harder, and run during the day (confirmed for A16)
    *Radioactive zombies that heal over time (confirmed for A16)
    *Various UMA zombies coverted to handmade (confirmed for A16)

World Generation
    *Distant Terrain 2.0 featuring distant POI's (confirmed for A16)
    *Socket System for POI's and cities that mesh more naturally with the terrain (confirmed for A16)
    *City districts for more organic city layouts with industrial, commercial, and residential zoning (confirmed for A16)
    *Enhanced world previewer using the new LOD models of POI's (confirmed for A16)

Alpha 16 Madmole Let's Play #1
    Alpha 16 Madmole Let's Play #2

Alpha 16 Preview 1
    Alpha 16 Preview 2
    Alpha 16 Preview 3
    Alpha 16 Preview 4
    Alpha 16 Preview 5
    Alpha 16 Preview 6
    Alpha 16 Preview 7 Bonus Video
    Alpha 16 Preview 8
    Alpha 16 Preview 9
    Alpha 16 Preview 10
    Alpha 16 Preview 11
    Alpha 16 Preview 12
    Alpha 16 Preview 13
    Alpha 16 Preview 14
    Alpha 16 Preview 15
    Alpha 16 Preview 16

Alpha 16 Wolf Mini-Preview
    Alpha16 Spinning Blade Trap Mini-Preview
    Alpha 16 Map Previewer

Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 1
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 2
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 3
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 4
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 5
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 6
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 7
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 8
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 9
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 10
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 11
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 12
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 13
    Last edited by Roland; 06-16-2017 at 01:53 AM. Reason: character limits required splitting the post

Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

Hey everyone, A16 involved some major features that took more time than we originally planned. Electricity, sleepers, block overhaul, and socket cities were all major changes that took a lot of time to implement. Therefore, the following features won't be in A16 but they will be coming in the future.

Zip Line system (Delayed)
    * Attach zip lines and use them for quick escape routes or safe passage down treacherous mountains, Cross rivers and gorges!

Shape selector interface for building blocks (Delayed)

New unified perlin worm cave system (Delayed)
    Caves in RWG and Navezgane will be ruled by one system. There will be worm like caves randomly generated. They will have fingers of ore you can find and mine out as you explore them. They might replace the current mining system too.

Lockpicking (Delayed)
    * Allow players to pick locks to unlock doors, safes, etc.

Blueprint Feature (Delayed)
    *Build pre-designed structures using a blueprint
    *Build block by block through upgrading
    *Eventual workshop support for sharing

* Bread Crumb System (Delayed)

* Replace Stag (Delayed)

* Behemoth (Delayed)

* Flamethrower Trap (Delayed)
    Last edited by Roland; 06-16-2017 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Hey everyone, Its time to talk about A16. We will add to this list as we go, this is just some stuff I'm personally pretty sure we can accomplish.

Spawn and AI improvements
    * Create new volume based Sleeper system and sleeper helper points
    * Bread Crumb System
    * Unify Spawning so Bloodmoon, Dynamic and Sleeper spawns all use partying and dynamic difficultly game stages

Lockpicking
    * Allow players to pick locks to unlock doors, safes, etc.

More Character options. These extend to uma zombies as well.
    *New beards
    *More hair styles
    *New clothing

New and redone animals:

*Replace bears, stag and pig. (these were generic unity assets, we want our own)
    *Replace hornet with zombie vulture
    *Add snakes to desert and plains
    *Add wolves to appropriate areas.

Improved crops
    *Potatoes and other 2d card crops need real 3d versions

Redo main menu
    Replace old legacy menu with an updated smoother flowing one.
    *Clean up old options
    *Add new dead is dead mode
    *Add Zombies run during the day and walk at night option

New unified perlin worm cave system
    Caves in RWG and Navezgane will be ruled by one system. There will be worm like caves randomly generated. They will have fingers of ore you can find and mine out as you explore them. They might replace the current mining system too.

Fat Hawaiian shirt zombie is back!
    Ask and ye shall receive! This time he might even have a special ramming behavior where if he cannot reach you he charges in to the nearest block and wrecks the wall. Like fat cops run at you and explode, except he won't explode he'll just do mass damage to blocks.

New locations
    TBA
    I sent you various Private Messages for to ask you the same thing, but i didn't receive an answer...
    Again:
    """There will be added new graphic improvements for to increase more and more the dimensions of muscle mass? Similar to a doped professional Bodybuilder/Weightlifter?"""
    I hope to receive an answer this time.... thanks

Ranger
    Have bandits been pushed back to alpha 17?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    Definitely curious about this as well.

Would also love elaboration on the new AI points.

Thanks TFPs!

I am rooting for bandits and madmole digger zombies, Really enjoying A15...still have to spam log in button 12 times to get into a server and pray i dont get randomly disconnected when i get in but the time i do play great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    +1

Can we have bandits raid our base every once in a while?

I'm super excited about Hawaii Fat Zombies, not because hes back but we have new "Special" zombies that will do more damage to our base.

Tracker
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it, please don't add anything to the pc version that won't be possible on the console. Wait for your next game, make it pc only if you want but you really needs to make sure the two current versions of your game are equivalent. I'm not a professional game designer but I do have some schooling and hobby time under my belt. On the contrary to popular belief among the gaming community, I KNOW for a fact the current generation of consoles can handle EVERYTHING A15 has to offer. Sure you might have to reduce chunk distance a TAD but the distant terrain is not much of a cpu or gpu hog at all. maybe bandits are too heavy on the cpu and console won't be able to handle it. Save em for the next game. Most people that bought your game on console, bought it expecting the same treatment as our pc pals. Do it right and you'll gain allot of respect. PS, I play on both pc and console. Game runs great on my pc but my friends are on console and I simply prefer to play there

This has already been answered by Madmole. Please do not respond to this post in this thread.

Thanks,
    Roland
    Last edited by Roland; 10-07-2016 at 02:23 PM.

1) I really want to see an expansion to the zombie abilities; the fact that the miner can't or won't dig down to underground bases in A15 is disappointing; we need something to threaten the sanctity of these underground locations (writtern from someone who is a dedicated mole: I want to be at my forge hearing "chink chink chink" out there, somewhere o.O

Anything that expands abilities (vs. bullet sponging them up) is appreciated.

2) I'd also like to see an expansion on the minibike (i.e. a quad or something).

3) more base defense options.
    - I want water to matter. If I go through the effort of building a base over water, I'd like it to hinder the Zs somehow and not be just a decorative thing.

- more trap options

Refugee
    how about fixing lag spikes on servers?

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Hey everyone, Its time to talk about A16. We will add to this list as we go, this is just some stuff I'm personally pretty sure we can accomplish...

I know it's early, but a question about breadcrumbs: is the thinking that will zeds be able to pick up a breadcrumb trail only if the sense or detect and lose sight of the player or will wandering zeds sense any trail and follow it no matter if they've detected the player or not?

For example if it's night time and I'm in my base and a wandering horde comes through will they automatically pick up the breadcrumb tail from where I entered my base and start pounding on the walls even if I've done nothing to alert them?

Thanks?

Hmm a ramming zombie. Perhaps the epic stilt base has met it's match??

New and redone animals:
    *Replace bears, stag and pig. (these were generic unity assets, we want our own)
    *Replace hornet with zombie vulture
    *Add snakes to desert and plains
    *Add wolves to appropriate areas.
    Yaaaasssss!
    Oh, and bandits surely belongs in the TBA section (raider base prefabs...? )
    X-ing fingers for pre-X-mas eXperimental eXtravaganza!

Quote Originally Posted by WynonaStealth View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say it, please don't add anything to the pc version that won't be possible on the console. Wait for your next game, make it pc only if you want but you really needs to make sure the two current versions of your game are equivalent. I'm not a professional game designer but I do have some schooling and hobby time under my belt. On the contrary to popular belief among the gaming community, I KNOW for a fact the current generation of consoles can handle EVERYTHING A15 has to offer. Sure you might have to reduce chunk distance a TAD but the distant terrain is not much of a cpu or gpu hog at all. maybe bandits are too heavy on the cpu and console won't be able to handle it. Save em for the next game. Most people that bought your game on console, bought it expecting the same treatment as our pc pals. Do it right and you'll gain allot of respect. PS, I play on both pc and console. Game runs great on my pc but my friends are on console and I simply prefer to play there
    Why do you start flame like this?

Had much more thought about how traders will work, the problem being that you can't kill them? Here's a thought: how about making the position of being a trader or bandit 'available' for anyone to claim? You, an NPC, another player, a bandit?

Either do this in a casual way, ie, kill the person you want to replace and take over his job (risk getting on people's bad side) OR the jobs are all controlled by The Duke, and you have to do something to choose that role.
    Of course have NPCs coming in to do the occasional business.

Any quests would have to be honoured. Have a list (perhaps on a craftable sign) behind the counter telling you the quests from that outpost. So your quest will be on there, if you have received one, and a few from random NPCs. If you don't honour the quests, all the bandits (The Duke's puppets) will go savage on your hide. If you want to leave the outpost, that's fine, but if you leave for too long, either the outpost gets taken over by another NPC looking for work (if you're lucky) or the bandits see that you've abandoned your duties and come after you.

Destroying an outpost is doable but you'll have everyone after you. And the trader would repair the place after you leave (so no memory or rendering issues).

If you make good friends with the bandits, traders or dwelling NPCs, then they will let you stay with them and might even fight with you. But if you choose to be friends with one faction, risk being hunted by other factions.

Too hard to do? Doesn't gel well with TFPs plan?
    Last edited by ZombieHorde; 10-06-2016 at 05:35 PM.