0 0%
  • Dev Diary Thread: Feedback, Questions, Discussion

0 0%
  • -----

0 0%
  • A16 Experimental:Achieved

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1118 of 1769 FirstFirst ... 118618101810681108111611171118111911201128116812181618 ... LastLast
Results 16,756 to 16,770 of 26529

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    16 ships with radiated wight, radiated cop and radiated spider. The wight is the new name for the old feral, since feral is now defined by always running zombies with glowing eyes he needed a unique name.
    I suppose there will be radiation poisoning or something... will the Hazmat suit protect us from the radiations of those nasty zombies or is it just an area effect without a proper "radiation poison" status for now?

Tracker
    Games4Kickz just tweeted that the streamers will get experimental next wednesday (the 7th), so nothing for us this weekend either. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥it, I was so hopeful.

Ranger
    But if that is true, we are looking at the 21st or just after the 21st as our release date.
    If things go well.
    I can live with that.

Obuthan

*****edit*****
    Not like I have any choice in the matter. But....lol

Refugee
    So early June is out then

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pestwulf View Post
    Honestly, I prefer this style of release. They get to make money to develop a more full and more rich game than they ever could have otherwise as an Indie company and we get an enjoyable game that changes over time which has the effect of keeping our interest. I have the attention span of a Gnat..I will fully admit that, yet I've been playing this game forever and i'm damn near drooling to get this next release. The last week of my life has been hell for wanting to play this thing so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by SenLim View Post
    Look I spent $20 on this game and I've had much more fun than $20 I spent on food.
    The game isn't done, it's alpha, it's early access and it's not big budget.
    If I get bored, I play something else like I did (skipped A14).
    Quote Originally Posted by xXC.H.U.DXx View Post
    I payed $8 for mine during Alpha 5.They release it prior to a Spring sale....Thats marketing for ya
    Best $8 i ever spent on 3000+ hour i played this game..and now i play/Mod this game myself.....
    I dont think i have played a Non-modded game since Alpha 14 when i learned how XML works....needless to say..this is a MILLION DOLLAR IDEA that they just so happen to get the Kickstarter going on it before anybody else.....Awesome idea,awesome game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrt View Post
    I bought 7d2d when the game was A12.5 I still can't remember how I came across the game on steam. I didn't know what I hell I was doing, my first night, but I had managed to build a shed to hide in. Having zombies crawling right outside at night (campfire on?) and slowly walking on top of the roof combined with rain and thunder outside in RL gave me such a rush! I kept thinking please don't detect me, but I was leaning up against that wood frame ready to knock heads. I survived and knew I had found my new main game I don't really play anything else anymore. I used to be a gamer playing different games.

Of course I want A16 asap, but I have gratitude for what 7d2d has given me so far. I have sure got my money's worth
    This pretty much sums up my feelings, i spent $20 on this game back in alpha 8 or 9. Since then i have played each new alpha and it feels pretty much like a new game, except i already know the core concepts. When i opted for an early access game i understood that there would be bugs, so it really doesn't faze me. I have heard many stories of early access games that fail to deliver, and here we have one that has been constantly improving for a few years. I don't really care if they take another 5 years to go gold since they are constantly adding new content and extending the life of the game for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7714 View Post
    Other alphas do the same , first implement new mechanics and before going gold implement new items and fix bugs, sad but true.
    I'm curious why your sad? There is really no possible way to do it otherwise, you are just creating rework for yourself if you are planning on making further enhancements and adding new features / functions. You need to have all the core code done before you start really doing hard-core bug fixing.

I have one other point of view, to me this game is a breath of fresh air in a games industry that has increasingly sold games with less and less content so that they could then sell the missing content as "DCL". The fun pimps could have just developed the items on their kickstarter plan and then created the rest as DLC, but they havent done that. We should be giving them the due respect.

Think about games like Battlefield and Civilisation (both games i love), these days you have to buy a premium edition to ensure you get all the content that they release as DLC and on the worse end of the scale, look at the Sims. Where they release a bare bones game, then sell a ♥♥♥♥-ton of DLC. I dont mind DLC, but they should not be making expected gameplay content as paid DLC.

But thats just my 2 cents

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Obuthan View Post
    But if that is true, we are looking at the 21st or just after the 21st as our release date.
    If things go well.
    I can live with that.

Obuthan

*****edit*****
    Not like I have any choice in the matter. But....lol
    Why the 21st? They said repeatedly in this thread that the streamers will get it only a couple days before the rest of us. So that'd mean next weekend. Which is bad enough...

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Why the 21st? They said repeatedly in this thread that the streamers will get it only a couple days before the rest of us. So that'd mean next weekend. Which is bad enough...
    Man that will suck for me, I have a 3 day convention that weekend...lol

Ranger
    Lol. I have an added two weeks hard coded to my mental release timer. Sorry.
    I guess this way I'm not put out if something delays things. (Plan for the worst, take the best)

Obuthan

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    LOL Nice. Krakens need beards to be Krakens these days!

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    so you are calling him "Wight" what does that mean? lets just call the feral what he really is "Powder" or "Whitey"
    Wight is typically known as undead, ghost or supernatural.

Quote Originally Posted by Jost Amman View Post
    I suppose there will be radiation poisoning or something... will the Hazmat suit protect us from the radiations of those nasty zombies or is it just an area effect without a proper "radiation poison" status for now?
    Not yet. A17 I suspect we will get full on radiated areas you need gear to protect you from, and to deal with radiated zombies without taking rad damage. We're a few steps closer at least. Snake venom/antidote etc will be the same way. There is a lot of content we can expand on from a16 easily.

He was probably talking about a stable version not experimental. Experimental will probably come out Monday after streamers get it, barring no huge new bugs crop up.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Wight is typically known as undead, ghost or supernatural.
    i hear ya madmole, speaking about the rad zeds , do you think they might spread to other zeds infection!

sounds evil lol
    Last edited by camoflagecaper; 06-02-2017 at 02:14 AM. Reason: added line

Ranger
    MM will you be joining one of the streamers game ?

Guys I have been playing the crap out of it. I'm on day 22 of a fresh restart with one hour days. I haven't shown any more horde nights because well, its been seen enough. I'd post some videos but I gave my son access last Saturday and he's been glued to the pc next to me 16 hours a day since then, and I can't get a bit of silence to record and he's having so much fun I'm just letting it happen. Its good feedback too having someone play it. We're tuning things in. I think leveling is too fast, I am level 110 or so on day 22. Dire wolves are nuts. Just run if you see one or make sure you have decent distance and do some good rifle damage. They spawn rare in the forests, but are really fast, and follow you for a long long time. I was on my 400 engine bike and he followed me a mile a good half mile. Every time I looked back he was still back there following me. Its pretty cool.

I'll try to record tomorrow and get you guys another video. Skyscrapers are the bomb. I literally got a 6 hour thrill ride getting to the top and getting all the loot. It was more fun than most AAA games I've wasted 60 on, all in one building. The sleepers are the biggest game changer, but you can't really stop with that, there are a lot of cool runner up features like RWG, distant POIs, and just tons of little things that add up to the most fun I've ever had in a survival game. It literally is becoming the walking dead now.

I'm super proud of the team and A16. Its feeling like a beta but we still have a lot to add to alpha. Sorry its taking so long but the wait is about over and its freaking cool as hell. I just watch my son play its like wow the game looks so good now, and it looks like fun. Its one of those games you can watch someone play because its different every time.

Theres these new loot crates you bust open and they have random stuff. So looting is never the same for anyone any more. It's a lot of fun. I think you guys will love the skyscrapers, theres traps too you have to watch for. Its exhilarating but stressful too! I haven't had a rush like this in a game for a long time, maybe half life. But its so random you can't ever know what it might be like. That is where its different. This build is like that first time you played 7 days, it has that magic to it because its so much cooler. I know this is hype train, but damn I'm hyped. I can see the videos going up on youtube already on various spoilers I can't really tell you guys about.

Speaking of youtube there is some controversy about why I shut off comments and ratings. I did it the last time I was showing game play because everyone got so toxic. I don't have time to read or monitor youtube, reddit, steam etc so if people really want to talk about it they can come here. I will re-enable comments and ratings once the A17 preview videos go out. Its not that I don't care what people think, you guys know I do. Its just that I know everyone will be happy when the build drops and I don't have time to respond to all the stuff.

Anyhow we're working really hard and the bugs are down from 230 to about 130 so we're making good progress. They don't all have to be fixed before it gets to experimental just the really nasty ones.