View Poll Results: Alpha 16 Preview Video Links

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Experimental Thread: Bug Reports

    0 0%
  • Dev Diary Thread: Feedback, Questions, Discussion

    0 0%
  • -----

    0 0%
  • A16 Experimental:Achieved

    0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1119 of 1616 FirstFirst ... 11961910191069110911171118111911201121112911691219 ... LastLast
Results 16,771 to 16,785 of 24239

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

  1. #16771
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Why the 21st? They said repeatedly in this thread that the streamers will get it only a couple days before the rest of us. So that'd mean next weekend. Which is bad enough...
    Man that will suck for me, I have a 3 day convention that weekend...lol

  2. #16772
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    210
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Why the 21st? They said repeatedly in this thread that the streamers will get it only a couple days before the rest of us. So that'd mean next weekend. Which is bad enough...
    Lol. I have an added two weeks hard coded to my mental release timer. Sorry.
    I guess this way I'm not put out if something delays things. (Plan for the worst, take the best)

    Obuthan

  3. #16773
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,276
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    LOL Nice. Krakens need beards to be Krakens these days!

  4. #16774
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,276
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    so you are calling him "Wight" what does that mean? lets just call the feral what he really is "Powder" or "Whitey"
    Wight is typically known as undead, ghost or supernatural.

  5. #16775
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,276
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jost Amman View Post
    I suppose there will be radiation poisoning or something... will the Hazmat suit protect us from the radiations of those nasty zombies or is it just an area effect without a proper "radiation poison" status for now?
    Not yet. A17 I suspect we will get full on radiated areas you need gear to protect you from, and to deal with radiated zombies without taking rad damage. We're a few steps closer at least. Snake venom/antidote etc will be the same way. There is a lot of content we can expand on from a16 easily.

  6. #16776
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,276
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by owl79 View Post
    Why the 21st? They said repeatedly in this thread that the streamers will get it only a couple days before the rest of us. So that'd mean next weekend. Which is bad enough...
    He was probably talking about a stable version not experimental. Experimental will probably come out Monday after streamers get it, barring no huge new bugs crop up.

  7. #16777
    Ranger camoflagecaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    OHIO
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Wight is typically known as undead, ghost or supernatural.
    i hear ya madmole, speaking about the rad zeds , do you think they might spread to other zeds infection!

    sounds evil lol
    Last edited by camoflagecaper; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:14 AM. Reason: added line

  8. #16778
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Duluth Ga. USA
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    0
    MM will you be joining one of the streamers game ?

  9. #16779
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,276
    Rep Power
    2
    Guys I have been playing the crap out of it. I'm on day 22 of a fresh restart with one hour days. I haven't shown any more horde nights because well, its been seen enough. I'd post some videos but I gave my son access last Saturday and he's been glued to the pc next to me 16 hours a day since then, and I can't get a bit of silence to record and he's having so much fun I'm just letting it happen. Its good feedback too having someone play it. We're tuning things in. I think leveling is too fast, I am level 110 or so on day 22. Dire wolves are nuts. Just run if you see one or make sure you have decent distance and do some good rifle damage. They spawn rare in the forests, but are really fast, and follow you for a long long time. I was on my 400 engine bike and he followed me a mile a good half mile. Every time I looked back he was still back there following me. Its pretty cool.

    I'll try to record tomorrow and get you guys another video. Skyscrapers are the bomb. I literally got a 6 hour thrill ride getting to the top and getting all the loot. It was more fun than most AAA games I've wasted 60 on, all in one building. The sleepers are the biggest game changer, but you can't really stop with that, there are a lot of cool runner up features like RWG, distant POIs, and just tons of little things that add up to the most fun I've ever had in a survival game. It literally is becoming the walking dead now.

    I'm super proud of the team and A16. Its feeling like a beta but we still have a lot to add to alpha. Sorry its taking so long but the wait is about over and its freaking cool as hell. I just watch my son play its like wow the game looks so good now, and it looks like fun. Its one of those games you can watch someone play because its different every time.

    Theres these new loot crates you bust open and they have random stuff. So looting is never the same for anyone any more. It's a lot of fun. I think you guys will love the skyscrapers, theres traps too you have to watch for. Its exhilarating but stressful too! I haven't had a rush like this in a game for a long time, maybe half life. But its so random you can't ever know what it might be like. That is where its different. This build is like that first time you played 7 days, it has that magic to it because its so much cooler. I know this is hype train, but damn I'm hyped. I can see the videos going up on youtube already on various spoilers I can't really tell you guys about.

    Speaking of youtube there is some controversy about why I shut off comments and ratings. I did it the last time I was showing game play because everyone got so toxic. I don't have time to read or monitor youtube, reddit, steam etc so if people really want to talk about it they can come here. I will re-enable comments and ratings once the A17 preview videos go out. Its not that I don't care what people think, you guys know I do. Its just that I know everyone will be happy when the build drops and I don't have time to respond to all the stuff.

    Anyhow we're working really hard and the bugs are down from 230 to about 130 so we're making good progress. They don't all have to be fixed before it gets to experimental just the really nasty ones.

  10. #16780
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    7,276
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammo7 View Post
    MM will you be joining one of the streamers game ?
    I'd like to. I need to coordinate with them.

  11. #16781
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    He was probably talking about a stable version not experimental. Experimental will probably come out Monday after streamers get it, barring no huge new bugs crop up.
    Thats good news to me I go on vacation on the 7th for a cupol weeks, looking forward to benging on 7 days to die, glade I put in for early June lol.

  12. #16782
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,863
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Clism View Post
    Wait, that's Detroit. Right?
    How did you know?

  13. #16783
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Duluth Ga. USA
    Posts
    268
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I'd like to. I need to coordinate with them.
    That would be awesome to watch thanks

  14. #16784
    Colony Founder Crater Creator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,551
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    The sleepers are the biggest game changer, but you can't really stop with that, there are a lot of cool runner up features like RWG, distant POIs, and just tons of little things that add up to the most fun I've ever had in a survival game. It literally is becoming the walking dead now.
    Can we expect to see any sleepers outside buildings? Zombies quietly lurking in the tall grass would be cool, and zombies in caves would be freaking awesome for the same reasons they're awesome in a PoI.

  15. #16785
    Tracker skippy0330's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Guys I have been playing the crap out of it. I'm on day 22 of a fresh restart with one hour days. I haven't shown any more horde nights because well, its been seen enough. I'd post some videos but I gave my son access last Saturday and he's been glued to the pc next to me 16 hours a day since then, and I can't get a bit of silence to record and he's having so much fun I'm just letting it happen. Its good feedback too having someone play it. We're tuning things in. I think leveling is too fast, I am level 110 or so on day 22. Dire wolves are nuts. Just run if you see one or make sure you have decent distance and do some good rifle damage. They spawn rare in the forests, but are really fast, and follow you for a long long time. I was on my 400 engine bike and he followed me a mile a good half mile. Every time I looked back he was still back there following me. Its pretty cool.

    I'll try to record tomorrow and get you guys another video. Skyscrapers are the bomb. I literally got a 6 hour thrill ride getting to the top and getting all the loot. It was more fun than most AAA games I've wasted 60 on, all in one building. The sleepers are the biggest game changer, but you can't really stop with that, there are a lot of cool runner up features like RWG, distant POIs, and just tons of little things that add up to the most fun I've ever had in a survival game. It literally is becoming the walking dead now.

    I'm super proud of the team and A16. Its feeling like a beta but we still have a lot to add to alpha. Sorry its taking so long but the wait is about over and its freaking cool as hell. I just watch my son play its like wow the game looks so good now, and it looks like fun. Its one of those games you can watch someone play because its different every time.

    Theres these new loot crates you bust open and they have random stuff. So looting is never the same for anyone any more. It's a lot of fun. I think you guys will love the skyscrapers, theres traps too you have to watch for. Its exhilarating but stressful too! I haven't had a rush like this in a game for a long time, maybe half life. But its so random you can't ever know what it might be like. That is where its different. This build is like that first time you played 7 days, it has that magic to it because its so much cooler. I know this is hype train, but damn I'm hyped. I can see the videos going up on youtube already on various spoilers I can't really tell you guys about.

    Speaking of youtube there is some controversy about why I shut off comments and ratings. I did it the last time I was showing game play because everyone got so toxic. I don't have time to read or monitor youtube, reddit, steam etc so if people really want to talk about it they can come here. I will re-enable comments and ratings once the A17 preview videos go out. Its not that I don't care what people think, you guys know I do. Its just that I know everyone will be happy when the build drops and I don't have time to respond to all the stuff.

    Anyhow we're working really hard and the bugs are down from 230 to about 130 so we're making good progress. They don't all have to be fixed before it gets to experimental just the really nasty ones.
    Looking forward to it! Thanks Joel. P.s your horde nights are nothing but epic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •