0 0%
  • Dev Diary Thread: Feedback, Questions, Discussion

0 0%
  • -----

0 0%
  • A16 Experimental:Achieved

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1521 of 1769 FirstFirst ... 521102114211471151115191520152115221523153115711621 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,815 of 26529

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

the way you are trying to engage poo is counter productive.
    I think some people think I'm talking about them because I didn't quote the specific rage post that prompted me to make the comment.

Vagueness is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Lets bring back sharp sticks too, so I can poke holes in this idea. Legendary loot is coming.
    Be careful there....you know how much Guppy wants his sticks back.

Tracker
    eidobunny What you want, you can add a mod later, when there will be a stable build.
    For others, "especially gifted", I repeat again, do not ask developers to cut and delete, most players will not like it. Or, offer adequate solutions or do not write at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The0n3 View Post
    lol, the Lvl 600 bow is an imidate problem. But the zombie dupes been around for a year and has killed the multiplayer experience by enabling players to get Lvl 600 everything and unlimited ammo by day two. zzz zzz. Best game I've ever played, and id be the first to deffend it, but crazy priorities.
    That is because we need an authoritative networking to fix dupes and its a 12 month alpha to redo all the code maybe longer. Next game or sequel. We do have a hopeful fix for the gore dupe. Its not that it isn't a priority, but we would murder the game to fix it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodimus View Post
    The logical solution would be to cap item combine quality at the player's current perk rank +1. So for example a player with 2 ranks in Weapon Smithing could combine items from that crafting group up to a quality of 150.

This would then make having the perks valuable when combining and would remove any need to change trader workstations.
    Im not sure if gazz has spilled the beans but yes it is something like that.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by eidobunny View Post
    The moment they changed one-shotting stone to two-shotting stone I had just finished hollowing out a 25x25x200 chunk of stone that took me 3 days (irl) to clear. That same project would now take 6 days. Now that, that is a luxury, but in actuality that changed my mindset from "something I enjoy putting a lot of work into accomplishing" to "something I wouldn't bother doing." That's a hit for those who enjoy doing big builds, and those who enjoy seeing the finished product of insane idiots who spend way too much time playing this game. Realism? Realism has to be considered, but gameplay also has to be considered. One-shotting stone still took long enough to tackle larger projects. Now it just makes me more likely to employ drop-mining as a hollowing tactic (nasty for server performance).

There are some things you have to discuss from the point of view of an experienced player, and there are some thing you have to discuss from the point of view of a new player. For an opinion on the complicated 7DTD trading economy, I wouldn't trust a total newbie to give me valuable feedback. I would trust someone who knows what items are worth way more than their price, and what items are far too expensive to care to buy. For example, I feel like 30k for a blue AK-47 is a fair deal, while 4k for a purple steel pickaxe is an absolute steal. Especially considering it can be acquired on day 1. Again my entire argument throughout the past few pages has been to level the natural progression of tool crafting with the possible progression through the trader. Set a min-maxing crafter against a min-maxing trader and benchmark when they get certain types of tools, armor, and weapons, and of what quality, and you'll see that the trader comes out way on top in the first 14 days, and especially the first 7. The progression should be more equal. That's what I've been advocating.
    Totally agree with the fact that trader can help you get a huge headstart over someone naturally progressing armor/tools. Thats why I cant understand why so many people say they dont bother with the trader and that its pointless. You can literally only do trader and bypass all other game play. (except lvling) Although barter will get you a few quick lvls (It seems to go up almost too fast in a16) The way it is now you can max out the Trader perk pretty early and get all the rarest stuff early also.

*edit* not that i have a problem with all that. I dont mind playing the Merchant sometimes to get ahead.
    Last edited by Maynard69; 06-19-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i agree, feedback is good but damn i swear now and again the fists are flying and i could have sworn i just seen a shoe fly out the window. careful i bruise easier in my old age
    Don't know about shoes but I am thinking of a good use for some worn socks.
    Last edited by Anabella; 06-19-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wordwaster View Post
    ok. this is getting a little silly. this is a thing because some folks go to extreme lengths to reach extreme, but narrow, goals. a line of code isn't going to change the behavior of that sort of person.

focus on the balance for normal players, not the fringe loons.
    How is one guy spending 10 minutes on the combine algorithm a big focus issue for TFP? We've all wasted a lot more collective energy talking about it lol.

How is one guy spending 10 minutes on the combine algorithm a big focus issue for TFP? We've all wasted a lot more collective energy talking about it lol.
    True, lol

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    You guys are not seeing the forest for the trees.
    No, I just think that you are thinking that your forest is the exact same forest that everyone else lives in...

Straight out 'combining items' is a ridiculous mechanic, its a lazy implementation which polarizes a large number of other game mechanics.

Tracker
    Would this apply to gunsmithing too? Combining parts that are found and are purple or blue but with low skill. Would we no longer be able to do that without high gunsmithing?

Quote Originally Posted by TARCH26 View Post
    eidobunny What you want, you can add a mod later, when there will be a stable build.
    For others, "especially gifted", I repeat again, do not ask developers to cut and delete, most players will not like it. Or, offer adequate solutions or do not write at all.
    And there's the "mod it" post. Took longer than usual this time.

If I spend a week finding a server with the one mod I want, I've lost all of the fun I have with this game, which is racing to the top on a fresh wipe. Modded servers don't have the population flow that vanilla servers have because you have to go to a separate tab to see modded servers, which hurts the overall server community. You need an extremely strong population flow to have a successful PvP server. This is why I only play on vanilla PvP servers within a day or so of a fresh wipe. Starting my own server would require a major investment on my part as well as the effort required to get it off the ground, and even so would still suffer from being in the modded tab. It's not worth the effort. I'm here to try to change the default game. I already know I can mod it.

This sounds like a hard code thing. And it also sounds like it would ruin being able to combine those nice gun parts you happen to luck up getting or trade for/buy. Looking like just like we knew would happen something that was not really a problem becoming one.

the way you are trying to engage poo is counter productive.
    Because it won't fix the underlying problem; which is the fact that this is an open world game and there will always be issues with people finding ways to go outside the intended boundaries. It goes with the territory of open world.

Think about how hard it would be to stop players in skyrim or fallout from getting ridiculously rich. With a world that big and so many options, there is just no way you can contain something like that. It's almost impossible NOT to get rich, because the game world is so huge and each individual location has to have a reason for the player to go there.

The usual way developers go about trying to stop that sort of behavior is to put the game on rails and placing limits on what players can do, which ends up taking away freedom from players who just want to play the game normally without going to extremes in order to find ways to break it, while at the same time not stopping the hardcore min/maxers from finding extreme methods to go off the rails.

Tracker
    madmole If you are going to cut the union of objects in a workbench, then at least do it not to the detriment of the players. Here it was suggested a sensible solution, to tie the timer to the union of objects. This will not limit the players in level.