View Poll Results: Alpha 16 Preview Video Links

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 541 of 541 FirstFirst ... 41441491531539540541
Results 8,101 to 8,110 of 8110

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anabella View Post
    The only thing I see maybe being wrong with crafting not giving much experience is that some folks, that play with their friends, like to stay "home" and do the crafting and maintaining of resources. Those people are going to take a hard hit in this. It not my play style and would honestly be boring to me but I know of some that actually like that part of it.
    true on not hitting home for some players but.... no matter how the game is fixed, it will not satisfy everyone and it cant.

if i read correctly, when player interacts such as killing, chopping down trees, minining, building, looting and so on then they will get xp but they will not gain as much by just sitting in a hole and crafting and never going out. i think it was said that with these changes you should not be entirely fixated to watching the timer of crafting and be more interactive with the game.

of course as you said and i agreed, this will not go good with a lot of people. so i throw my hands in the air because people will do what they want and how they want and we are not the ones to say its right or wrong.

I was thinking about this lack of POI issue on servers.

Is there no way that the DEVs can implement a system that makes POIs indestructable? Like a territory type block thing. Kind of like how the traders work? This would stop players from destroying them. It really ruins the immersion of online play and makes it difficult to progress earlier if you join a longstanding server.

it could be optional whether servers want to have this feature on or not to make the haters happy.

Refugee
    I Need a Exploding Chemistry Station

Quote Originally Posted by caatalyst View Post
    I was thinking about this lack of POI issue on servers.

Is there no way that the DEVs can implement a system that makes POIs indestructable? Like a territory type block thing. Kind of like how the traders work? This would stop players from destroying them. It really ruins the immersion of online play and makes it difficult to progress earlier if you join a longstanding server.

it could be optional whether servers want to have this feature on or not to make the haters happy.

I'm not a fan of this idea. I regularly use locations as bases and seldom craft my own from scratch. Impervious POI's limits that considerably. My argument exists the same as yours, immersion, as I find it more realistic that Ill hold up somewhere and define it to my needs than it is that I'll minecraft my way to glory in a zombie apocalypse.

Of course I dont find things like spam crafting, system exploiting, or similar to be of any fun and apparently there's whole communities out there who love and live for spam crafting to max skill - as if it is a need and they'll die if they dont. Whereas I simply don't do it.
    Last edited by Moloch; 2 Hours Ago at 10:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Hmmkay, I'll write a task for that. =P
    I saw a video where some guy said that selling stacks of gas cans after finding a shale deposit (and processing it) you make massive amounts of tokens. Maybe that's broken a bit.

I'm a casual min/maxer, meaning I only stuff 9 pounds of poo in a 5 pound bag, 10 is just over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Moloch View Post
    I'm not a fan of this idea. I regularly use locations as bases and seldom craft my own from scratch. Impervious POI's limits that considerably. My argument exists the same as yours, immersion, as I find it more realistic that Ill hold up somewhere and define it to my needs than it is that I'll minecraft my way to glory in a zombie apocalypse.

Of course I dont find things like spam crafting, system exploiting, or similar to be of any fun and apparently there's whole communities out there who love and live for spam crafting to max skill - as if it is a need and they'll die if they dont. Whereas I simply don't do it.
    I wasn't saying you couldn't build on or around the POIs but instead there is a system that stops you from destroying them. I'm not sure if you play on 30 man servers but wihtout something to stop people you can quickly end up with no POIs at all can making the early stages of the game impossible to progress.
    Last edited by caatalyst; 19 Minutes Ago at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caatalyst View Post
    I wasn't saying you couldn't build on or around the POIs but instead there is a system that stops you from destroying them. I'm not sure if you play on 30 man servers but wihtout something to stop people you can quickly end up with no POIs at all can making the early stages of the game impossible to progress.
    This is a concern I respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    This^^ can't be repeated enough. But it's also a really really easy xml edit to do.
    To the nails topic:

Making nails a requirement for wood blocks / upgrades would be nice, but to keep it fair, nails need to be more common loot in the world, maybe finding them in boxes in barns, cellars, workshops, kitchen sinks etc. They could even be made possible to salvage from existing wood blocks using a claw hammer or prybar.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar73 View Post
    To the nails topic:

Making nails a requirement for wood blocks / upgrades would be nice, but to keep it fair, nails need to be more common loot in the world, maybe finding them in boxes in barns, cellars, workshops, kitchen sinks etc. They could even be made possible to salvage from existing wood blocks using a claw hammer or prybar.
    I'm game for this. I think loot is abundant enough but i like the idea of salvaging wood boxes with claw hammers for nails.

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar73 View Post
    To the nails topic:

I've been thinking about this myself. I like the idea of requiring nails for upgrading blocks but it's also reasonable to assume that a simple wooden frame can be lashed together with a simple natural rope. Perhaps adding a need for grass to make a wooden frame and require nails for anything more complex or sturdy.