Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1678

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Hi guys!

Another update is almost ready. It might be a little delayed though because I am off to hospital in 8 hours for a minor operation to have 2 screws removed from my left ankle. After that I will only have a plate and 6 screws left from when I broke my leg.

The update has a fix for the bot not grabbing the list of installed mods sometimes and fixes a few other less important issues.

I would release it now but one of my IT clients is having an emergency so bang goes that plan.

Back home again. Surgery went well. Also my new lock picks arrived so I am having fun resting for a bit and picking locks ^^

A18 reboot bug possible fix..

Had a report that the reboot issue might be due to the BC mod somehow. In their testing the server rebooted just fine without the BC mod and gets stuck with it. I have not yet tested this however my server does not have the BC mod atm and I am able to reboot the server every time via the console so it may be accurate. The bot does not require or use the BC mod if you have the Botman mod so feel free to test reboots without the BC mod and see what happens.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    A18 reboot bug possible fix..

Had a report that the reboot issue might be due to the BC mod somehow. In their testing the server rebooted just fine without the BC mod and gets stuck with it. I have not yet tested this however my server does not have the BC mod atm and I am able to reboot the server every time via the console so it may be accurate. The bot does not require or use the BC mod if you have the Botman mod so feel free to test reboots without the BC mod and see what happens.
    It's fixed in the latest bcm update

I have updated https://botman.nz/Botman_Mods_A18_With_BC.zip it has an updated BC mod

I have lots of bug fixes planned for today. They have to wait until after work then I'm gonna get busy testing and fixing and more testing.

A bot update earlier today had a bad bug that caused the bot to spam the command to set player chat colour. I have temporarily blocked the function responsible for sending the command and have released an emergency update to a17, a18 and a18test branches. I also force updated a lot of bots but may have missed a few in the sweep. If your bot is really laggy tell it /update code.

The cause of the fault is still present but has been blocked from doing anything. I will now poke a bot that had the fault and add some debugging code to track down the code responsible. Another update will follow. In the meantime the bot will not be setting anyone's name in chat to a colour.

Apologies for the bad update :O

The cause of the bug has been found and fixed. I had an 'or' in the wrong place which caused the thing the or was testing to always trigger.

OOPS!

An update is being prepared and will be tested before release, but it will be released pretty shortly as it is a very simple code fix.

I have released another update to the a17, a18 code branches. The bug is confirmed fixed and I have restored the bot's ability to set the colour of player names in chat.

You can push the update by telling your bot /update code

If you don't, the bot will grab it whenever your server's clock hits midnight or the next time your bot restarts.

Lots of fixes and new stuff coming. Here's a new command I added today.

/visit map
    /visit map x1 z1 x2 z2
    /visit map range {distance}
    /visit map stop

Make the server explore the map while you hit up some zombie chicks.
    If you add the optional word 'check' at the end of the command it will also check chunk density.
    To visit the entire map do not include coordinates or a range.

I have released an experimental update to a18test. It fixes (well hopefully) a number of issues and some bad bugs. I am testing it on a few servers and if your bot is spamming the webtokens command in telnet you'll want this update. A bot restart and possibly running /fix bot will be needed. The bot will restart itself a few minutes after the update anyway if you don't command it to first.

To switch to a18test type /set update branch a18test or from IRC type it as cmd /set update branch a18test, or from the web panel change the branch to a18test and click update code.

If not using the panel, you will then need to type /update code
    Last edited by Smegzor; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:19 PM.

The experimental update seems solid. The only issues I've seen with it are temporary and should be self-fixed by the bot.

I have updated the a18 branch with the fixes.

I have released an important bug fix update to the a17 and a18 code branches. It fixes a fault with the bot's inventory scanner or rather the call to it when the bot is in API mode which almost all bots are.

You can force the update with /update code or via IRC with update code or via the panel if you have that.

More bug fixes will follow and then several new features are being rolled out. I have a 3 day weekend this week and I hope to get a lot of stuff done in the bot. Also the weather is atrocious so its not like I can do much else.

Refugee
    Just want to say "Thanks" for your great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Mjoelnir.hh View Post
    Just want to say "Thanks" for your great work!
    Thank you Still got lots more coding to do :O (it never ends) - SEND HELP! xD