Page 96 of 97 FirstFirst ... 468694959697 LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1441

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Refugee
    @Smegzor - Sent you a friend request on Discord. Need your help with the BOT and IRC.
    I followed the install and everything seems to be working except IRC. Keeps repeating this:
    [04:47:47] Joining channel ##bot_alerts
    [04:47:48] Joining channel ##bot_watch
    [04:47:49] Manually Reconnecting IRC Client
    [04:47:53] Trying to Reconnect...
    [04:48:01] Trying to Reconnect...
    [04:48:07] Joining channel ##bot_alerts
    [04:48:08] Joining channel ##bot_watch
    [04:48:09] Trying to Reconnect...
    [04:48:09] Manually Reconnecting IRC Client

I don't know how to fix this, I literally spent the last 6 hours reading over this ENTIRE THREAD. lol
    Some of the commands I cannot get to work, I am assuming they are Bot/IRC related. like using the country ban features etc.
    things like add or list says invalid commands. You had also mentioned a web interface for the Bot? Haven't seen any news on that.

Also the Lobby thing doesn't seem to be working. No matter what I name the location I get this "Location does not exist" I am assuming this is also related to the Bot/IRC? Is there a flag or something in the database backend in the table that needs to be changed manually to make it a lobby?

Had a question I was originally Using ServerTools and converted over here because of the hole Lobby thing and Base Protection - Just curious if this is compatible with it, and if so What are the changes (because it has similar features and name commands if not the same commands to an extent) Does Botman override ServerTools or the other way around. One thing I loved about ST is it had xml files you could edit very quickly. A web interface for Botman would be awesome to use and fast with the database backend. I could enter everything into the database directly but not know what does what in each table not sure.

- Thanks in advance

P.S. This is one hell of a mod and Loving it so far -

Refugee
    Specail Shoutout to Smegzor! Brotha helped me out getting everything up and running show me some things DIDN'T know this bot could do, Hands down one of the BEST bots I have ever had a chance to use.

Thanks again brotha for getting on Video Chat and walking me thru everything!

Glad I could help

Hi guys! I've been a bit quiet lately but I haven't been idle. I've been working on bug and performance fixes and assisting with some servers that have been experiencing various issues. These performance fixes should improve server performance due to the bot spamming commands slower. The bot slows down how quickly it sends commands when the player count exceeds 24. I have seen significant improvements on servers with 30-40+ players online. I'm still not sure how those servers don't implode with that many players on.

I have updated the github repo and some of the code branches. I will update more after this. I am hoping that this bot is good enough to be the new stable bot as the current stable bot has issues that have been fixed. I want to at least backport the most important fixes if I'm not replacing branches. That will need to be done with care and some testing to see if the magic smoke doesn't escape.

Here is the changelog..

Bug fixes, performance tweaks, new commands, queues and timers and stuff.

New command /remove/leave expired claims.
    The bot can automatically remove dead claims. The default is to leave them alone.

Fixed a bug in the screamer alert toggle. Used wrong value for true and false.

Base separation has been changed. There is a new base deadzone that can be set. The lowest setting allowed is 2x the base size. This is so that base protections won't overlap. If players are friends, the base separation restriction is waived.

Fixed issue in hotspot commands that broke them in API mode. It seems the API is a bit picky about the use of #. This was also fixed in a few other places for the same reason.

The /locations command now reports when there are no locations instead of saying nothing.

The bot now always sends the 'sa' command via telnet to fix an issue I encountered with sending it via the API.

Fixed typo in /enable/disable return so that it matches the help.

Added an API queue and timer so that API commands sent by the bot are sent one at a time on a timer to avoid spamming too many too fast. Currently this is only used for chat sent by the bot. You will notice that chat appears with a slight delay due to this. This should also help to stop some players spamming bot commands in an attempt to disrupt the bot or server. You can also set a command delay.

Added a new post update function which does some maintenance tasks after a bot update. At the moment all it does is a bot restart 5 minutes after the update. This will help to ensure that the bot is properly initialised with any changes introduced by the update. It won't do this until the next update since the code is new and not live before the update.

Added IRC command, reload bot. Same as ingame command.

Added IRC command empty category {category name}. A fast way to delete everything from a category.

Added IRC command igplayers. Its used for debugging the bot. The bot creates a temporary ingame player record for each player online. This command lets you view all of it for each player. There is also igplayer {name} to list a specific player's data.

Fixed a bug when loading the server table from the database. If the IRC server was not defined, the bot would fail to load properly.

Removed a very basic 'phone home' feature as I haven't been monitoring it anyway. It will be replaced with restful API in the web interface.

To help reduce command spam on servers with large online player counts, when online players exceeds 24 players, several timed bot commands switch to slower timers. This results in a slower bot but it should help to prevent freezes and crashes when the server is busy.

Fixed bug in gimme arena that prevented zombies spawning.

Fixed bug that caused admins to return to the admin list that had been removed.

Added delay after a player spawns after joining the server before the bot attempts to teleport them. This may be unnecessary but there was an issue with players sometimes getting desynced and causing the server to crash if they are teleported too quickly.

I have released a small update to fix some bugs and change some stuff. The github repo has been updated and a few code branches as well.

Currently the public code branches that have not yet got the new bot includes stable, testing, trial, and bleeding. I will update all but stable tomorrow. I won't touch them atm as I want to be available should any bots have trouble after updating. The easiest way to fix any post-update issues is to tell the bot /restart bot, or if your bot is not configured to restart itself you can try /reload bot.

Here is the changelog..

Bug fixes, new command queue, misc changes

Added new command queue called persistentQueue. Unlike the other queues it is not deleted when the bot is restarted. Commands in it are only executed when the bot is connected and survive in the queue until the bot runs them.

Several commands have been updated to use the persistent queue.

Fixed an issue with one of the /location lobby commands always executing even if you actually wanted the other command.

When the server is empty, the bot periodically runs the mem command. This is used to monitor the tick count and also keep tabs on the number of players online. The bot was running it every minute but it can run a lot less frequently so I have moved it to the 10 minute timer.

I have completely re-coded the bot's reserved slots system. It needs testing before I can release it but it should be a big improvement.

Today I am working through some support requests and reported bot issues. Everyone is awake it seems xD When things are quieter I'll have time to test the new code.

I have been getting reports of some bots freezing and their servers crashing. There will be a set of circumstances that bring this about and I am investigating to find out what is causing this. Please let me know if your server is freezing with the bot running. When you make a report, please include as much detail as you can. Ideally I want to know when it happened, the name or IP of the server, the bot number (if I'm hosting it) and anything else you think is relevant and/or will help me track it down in the bot's logs. Note that a freeze would prevent the bot logging but it will log up to that point.

I believe these issues are only happening on the latest bot which is being tested by a very small number of servers. I will post about the issue when I have identified it and will release a fix.

If you can't wait for a fix any time issues like this come up, you can command your bot to use the stable branch. While that branch won't be issue free either, it won't be bleeding edge code and shouldn't have the same issues. To do that you can tell your bot /set update branch stable, then tell it /update code. This can also be done from IRC with cmd /set update branch stable, then type update code.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 1 Week Ago at 03:40 AM.

I have a fix for the freeze crash issue and I am updating all code branches with it right now including stable. Its not a bot bug though the bot does help to make it an issue but any server manager would. The fix was very simple. When a player joins (and before they spawn) I will send the console command sa (save world) to the server. In multiple tests that simple change stopped the server freezing as soon as the player spawns.

[Edit] As I'm not 100% sure what impact sending sa a lot in a fairly short space of time will have I've only updated one private branch atm that I have several servers big and small using. I'll wait a couple of hours to make sure nothing bad happens, then I'll update the rest.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 1 Week Ago at 03:28 AM.

Refugee
    @Smegzor Hi there! So I have a new dedicated server that is being hosted from a provider. From what I read before there is no way to host the bot on the same system as the server when from a site. (Hope I worded that right.) I don't have an alternative method to hosting a bot, but I wanted to see about trying one out in my server. I'm not sure how your bot works with modded servers, because my server is modded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon985 View Post
    @Smegzor Hi there! So I have a new dedicated server that is being hosted from a provider. From what I read before there is no way to host the bot on the same system as the server when from a site. (Hope I worded that right.) I don't have an alternative method to hosting a bot, but I wanted to see about trying one out in my server. I'm not sure how your bot works with modded servers, because my server is modded.
    Sure you do. I host bots. I can host yours. If you want to test it out you can go to http://botmanhosting.com and create an account then order a bot and at the final step enter the promo code 7daystobotman and you'll get a bot to play with for 7 days for absolutely nothing. After that it costs $10/month if you want to keep it or I can host it privately which is donation supported only.

There's no problem with the server being modded. The bot will work with that just fine.

Refugee
    Ok great! I'll definetly have to talk to you a bit more in depth about the details. But I'm very new to the whole thing about it. But this is the bot that you can create a /home and all that? That's the main reason why I want the bot is to have the /home, /spawn, /return, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon985 View Post
    Ok great! I'll definetly have to talk to you a bit more in depth about the details. But I'm very new to the whole thing about it. But this is the bot that you can create a /home and all that? That's the main reason why I want the bot is to have the /home, /spawn, /return, etc.
    Yes the bot has all of those. Most managers at least have the /home command.

Hi guys! I have released a bug fix update and also expanded the release to every code branch except for stable and oldstable.

I have one new thing to test (not released yet) which I am looking for some players to join the devbot's server to help me test. I recoded the slots system and I think it is ready for victims er I mean bodies um.. LIVING bodies. I only need about 4 players plus myself. What we are mainly gonna test is the reserved slots and what happens when the server is full.

I'm online for the next 4 hours or so. If the new code works, I'll be releasing it to all the branches and replacing the stable branch as well. When that happens, the current stable branch will replace oldstable.

I have released a small bugfix update to fix a regression bug. Some experimental code snuck back into the bot's dig commands which caused an off by 1 issue. All effected code branches have been updated. I have also replaced oldstable with the stable branch in preparation for replacing stable. The previous oldstable branch is still available on request. Don't know of anyone using it though.

I have updated the github repo. Also I am finally updating the stable branch which means at this point all code branches are identical with the exception of the branch called oldstable. No prizes for guessing what it contains.

Here is the changelog..

Bug fixes mostly

Change to /disable watch alerts. It now stops the bot PM'ing ingame admins about base raids and base protection bounces.

New command /set reserved slot time {minutes}
    There is a completely rewritten slots system almost ready to release. This command is for that so it won't do anything currently.

Fixed bug in /setbase command. Used wrong variable steam instead of chatvars.playerid which prevented the command reporting when you couldn't set the base there. Also added a bit more info to explain why.

Fixed regression bug in the bot's dig commands. There was an out by one error that was fixed then unfixed >.< It is fixed again (OR IS IT?) xD

Added check for players being below a height of zero (except for staff). Hopefully this will rescue players that fall through the world and don't get automatically rescued by the server. This is usually due to a map glitch so this fix might not work anyway. It is triggered every minute to stop it going nuts and spamming tele commands.

Added a small hack (:O Smegs hacking!) to try to fix a server issue where a corrupt player profile can freeze and crash the server. The bot sends the sa command when non-brand new players join. I further limited it so it will do this once per player per real day so that it doesn't create tons of lag every time lots of players join all at once. That might happen occasionally but should be rare and brief if it ever happens.

Also put several commands on temporary timers when a player joins so that the bot doesn't immediately spam several commands. Instead they are paced out over 40 seconds.

Fixed (I hope) a bug in the welcome message code when a player joins the server. In some circumstances the bot was skipping the welcome messages.

Restored a delay that was preventing players being sent to the lobby in a timely fashion. It wasn't broken but the delay was unacceptably long. It is much more fashionable now.

I have updated all code branches with a small bug fix or at least an attempt at one. A few bots randomly have an issue where the API fails to read properly. Its not the API that is broken and I'm not sure how the fault even occurs. If the bot detects that reading gg or admin list or ban list or version didn't return any data, the bot will resend the effected command after 60 seconds. In testing I noticed that the API is working fine and doing anything that makes the bot re-send the command fixes it so this fix should work. It won't stop the issue occuring but it should get it resolved up to 60 seconds later.