Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1441

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Quote Originally Posted by Colerain View Post
    Hi all,

I installed this new mod package two days ago and I've had 3 very weird server lock-ups happen since then. Anyone else having issues?

Cole
    Ditch the CBSM, its crap abandonware. If you want a web based SM, use CSMM. It doesn't have as many features yet but it's under development every day.

Scavenger
    Aight, aight....I was running CBSM along side Botman because it had a few features that I liked. I've disabled most of it already. I'll shut it down and see how we do. Thanks for checking into it.

Scavenger
    Smeg....I need a command to teleport players to a safe house with cooldown control. This was the only reason I was still running CBSM.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks SF, will check it out.

Smeg....I need a command to teleport players to a safe house with cooldown control. This was the only reason I was still running CBSM.

- - - Updated - - -

You should be able to set that up using /location commands RTFM

- - - Updated - - -

I expect the bot already does this but to be sure, please describe how it works in CBSM. It is Friday here. After work or over the weekend, grab me and I'll join you on your server and we'll see if we can set up what you need just using existing bot features.

Scavenger
    I'm still having all sorts of lockups....CBSM is totally turned off. Botman is losing connection and server hangs repeatedly. No idea why this is suddenly happening. Smeg, when you wake up I need some help please. Thanks.

Tracker
    @Colerain I'll help ya bud no worries.

Few things must be done when turning off cbsm, changing telnet password. port if possible but not needed.

I'll fix ya up & get ya all solid I'll be in touch in the morning.

Refugee

Getting errors in Newbot

Hello,

After following what I think are the most recent instructions, I've found myself getting errors in the Newbot script and I can't figure out what's wrong.

[ERROR:] Object:<GimmeQueuedCommands> function <Timer10>
    <string "function Timer10 () ..." :5: attempt to call global 'gimmeQueuedCommands' (a nil value)
    [ERROR:] Object:<ircQueue> function <Timer11>
    <string "function Timer11 () ..." :5: attempt to call global 'ircQueue' (a nil value)
    [ERROR:] Object:<ircQueue> function <Timer7>
    <string "function Timer7 () ..." :5: attempt to call global 'timedCommandsTimer' (a nil value)

These 3 errors (and maybe one more) are just flooding the output.

I'm thinking the issue is because of or in between but I guess I really have no idea:

A.) Section 3: . Setting up the bot database(s)

B.) Section 6: Step 4. Configuring the Bot

TeamViewer session is available for anyone who feels like they can help me. Reply via PM and I will send you my contact info.

Thanks,

rasmoda

Send me a friend request on Discord. I am smegzor#9806

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    He is. It's true. =)

Scavenger
    Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help to stabilize my server and finalize my divorce from CBSM. Lock ups appear to have gone away. While on the topic of CBSM, I had it running because it had three remaining features that I found very useful. Perhaps you could help me find a way to get these implemented with botman. I've reviewed the manual and can't figure it out myself...but I'm old.

1. One teleport only to a safe house called Valhalla - I run a hard-ish mode vanilla server very few features.....by design. No sethome, no teleporting, no wallet.....and I use gimme in botman only because it tends to spawn zeds more than loot. Buuuuuuuttt.....in the spirit of not killing the newbies so hard on my level 6 server.....we had a command to teleport to an admin-made safehouse for the squeamish. It had a 60 minute cooldown. How do I implement this on a server where I've disabled home and player teleporting? And have a cooldown parameter? Really easy to setup in CBSM....not sure how to do it in botman.

2. Player listing - CBSM had a slick web-based list of players, inventory, action commands (kill/kick/ban) and quick links to steam profiles. I like looking at who's online and inspecting new players. Most importantly I can see ban notes, GBL ban status and VAC Ban status. Very important to me!! How do I get quick, easy list of current players (online and offline) that shows this? I've blown up many a hackers before they could do damage because I had this information quickly.

3. Horde Spawn - just to make this interesting, I had a command to allow players to spawn hordes.....but, it had a huge cooldown (6 hours). This is a nice-to-have and, honestly, was more fun for the high level players. But still.....if I have a console command I'd like the flexibility to executing that command in-game, with access rights and cooldown parameters.

Thanks again for botman....great tool! I appreciate the hard work that's gone into this and the ongoing support. Also, Highope is a good dude.

Cole
    Last edited by Colerain; 05-16-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the help to stabilize my server and finalize my divorce from CBSM. Lock ups appear to have gone away. While on the topic of CBSM, I had it running because it had three remaining features that I found very useful. Perhaps you could help me find a way to get these implemented with botman. I've reviewed the manual and can't figure it out myself...but I'm old.

1. One teleport only to a safe house called Valhalla - I run a hard-ish mode vanilla server very few features.....by design. No sethome, no teleporting, no wallet.....and I use gimme in botman only because it tends to spawn zeds more than loot. Buuuuuuuttt.....in the spirit of not killing the newbies so hard on my level 6 server.....we had a command to teleport to an admin-made safehouse for the squeamish. It had a 60 minute cooldown. How do I implement this on a server where I've disabled home and player teleporting? And have a cooldown parameter? Really easy to setup in CBSM....not sure how to do it in botman.

2. Player listing - CBSM had a slick web-based list of players, inventory, action commands (kill/kick/ban) and quick links to steam profiles. I like looking at who's online and inspecting new players. Most importantly I can see ban notes, GBL ban status and VAC Ban status. Very important to me!! How do I get quick, easy list of current players (online and offline) that shows this? I've blown up many a hackers before they could do damage because I had this information quickly.

3. Horde Spawn - just to make this interesting, I had a command to allow players to spawn hordes.....but, it had a huge cooldown (6 hours). This is a nice-to-have and, honestly, was more fun for the high level players. But still.....if I have a console command I'd like the flexibility to executing that command in-game, with access rights and cooldown parameters.

Thanks again for botman....great tool! I appreciate the hard work that's gone into this and the ongoing support. Also, Highope is a good dude.

Cole
    1. Botman has a command called Location, you can import your prefab or build one for your safe house, add it as a public location and then players can tp to it. Ie /locationsname and poof. You can even assign a cost to it using botman's currency.

2. Until smegzor completes the web interface... You can couple botman with CSMM, a web based server manager that is new but is always being worked on.

3. You can do this with a custom command in Botman, included with cool down, and again if you wish, a botman currency cost.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Force View Post
    1. Botman has a command called Location, you can import your prefab or build one for your safe house, add it as a public location and then players can tp to it. Ie /locationsname and poof. You can even assign a cost to it using botman's currency.

2. Until smegzor completes the web interface... You can couple botman with CSMM, a web based server manager that is new but is always being worked on.

3. You can do this with a custom command in Botman, included with cool down, and again if you wish, a botman currency cost.
    1. You're right. Locations work really well. Got it set up, but how do I set a cooldown? I see a number of cool parameters like level and open/close hours.Remember we are vanilla hardcore....so we don't using the in-game currency or anything.

2. OK I'll check it out

3. Sorry to be a pain, but can you point me to custom command section of the documentation? I was told when I setup Botman that custom commands ala' CBSM were not implemented.

Cole, check your PM's.

Welp time for me to finish the work on custom commands then. I've been a fun combination of busy with work and unwell so there hasn't been much bot coding going on except for little bits. I'm hoping to catch up on a lot of that this weekend.