Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1691

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Did you make the waypoints public? /set waypoints public. If you only did /enable waypoints, only admins and donors can use them.

Yes I did set them to public. When I try using command /set wp test or /set waypoint test the bot does not respond in chat at all. If I use /wp test, it does tell me that I have no waypoints set.

A17 Botman mods zip updated with new BC mod 3.3.0

I have updated the self-help guide to address some common problems people are having. Some of it is bot issues which I will debug and fix today and some of it is people not keeping current with mods which update frequently.

Here is the new stuff..

Problem: Bot was working but after a wipe it has not come back on.
    You should check for updates to Allocs mod and the BC mod and any other mods you use to make sure your versions are the latest for your server (A16 or A17). Be careful not to install A17 mods if your server is on A16 as those will not be compatible with your server. You can monitor the official web pages or grab a zip from me which I maintain and is updated regularly.

For Allocs mod keep an eye on this page.. https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Server%20fixes For BC mod keep an eye on this page.. https://github.com/7days2mod/BadCompanySM/releases Or you can grab my zip file http://botman.nz/Botman_Mods_A17.zip (for A17) or http://botman.nz/Botman_Mods.zip (for A16).

If your bot is not accepting commands in-game and the mods are current, there are 2 common problems which I will work on fixing today. First the bot doesn't always read the version command in a timely manner and can think that you have no mods installed. You can fix that by telling the bot reload bot (no / needed and works from IRC too). If your server's API port has changed and the bot is using the API, you can tell the bot, use telnet (no / needed and works from IRC too). In this case you will need to switch to telnet first, then tell the bot to reload bot as it won't be able to re-read version etc if it can't get a response from the API while in API mode. Ideally your bot should be using the API as it is more efficient than using telnet. Look up your server's control panel port in your server config (found directly above the telnet port info) and assuming it is the default 8080 tell the bot use api port 8080 (may need a / in-game). You can check that you got it right on IRC by typing server. You will see info about your server including a URL to the map. Click on that. If you get the map, you set the correct port. Note that you will only have the map (and API) if you have installed Allocs web map. If you have removed that for any reason, you won't have the map or his API installed. Assuming the map is working, you can now tell the bot use api. Currently there is a minor bug with the bot switching to the API which I will fix today. In the meantime you need to wait about 30 seconds, then type use telnet, then type use api (again). The 2nd time through you should see the bot report that it is using the API. You can test that it is working in-game by trying any / command (don't just talk to the bot) or from IRC by typing say testing..
    Last edited by Smegzor; 12-18-2018 at 10:05 PM.

Today I am working on 3 bugs mainly. the bot not switching out of the API if the API stops working, the bot not reading the version command in a timely manner and/or forgetting mods are installed, and the player chat colours not sticking.

[Edit] Player chat colours appear to be setting correctly.
    [Edit] The bot's API tester and automatic switch back to telnet is working properly. Also it will test the API every time the bot logs on to the server.
    [Edit] The bot's processing of the version console command should be working properly but further testing is needed.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 12-19-2018 at 01:03 PM.

This is in the next bot update..

/restore backup {optional backup number} {optional words: bases, cash, donors, colors, locations, waypoints, friends, villagers, teleports, hotspots, resets, players}
    /restore backup {optional backup number} {optional words as above} player {name or steam or player id} (note: player {name} must be specified last)
    The bot saves its Lua tables daily at midnight (server time) and each time the server is shut down.
    If the bot gets messed up, you can try to fix it with this command. Other timestamped backups are made before the bot is reset but you will first need to strip the date part off them to restore with this command.
    To only restore player bases, add the word bases, for cash add cash and for donors add donors. If these words are included, nothing else is restored.
    You can also just restore 1 named player.
    To see a list of backups use /list backups.

Note: Bot data backups are automatically deleted when they are older than 31 days.
    Note2: These backups are not server backups, just bot stuff.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 12-19-2018 at 01:18 PM.

I have updated the botman mods A17 zip with BC version 3.4.0

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    I have updated the botman mods A17 zip with BC version 3.4.0
    You Guys haver all been amazing during the entire experimental process. Wanted to let you all know that and to say Thank You!

I have released a bot update to the a17 code branch.

It fixes a bug with the bot forgetting what mods are installed,
    a bug that caused the bot to switch from API mode back to telnet mode unnecessarily,
    and an issue that caused some claims in reset zones to not be removed by the bot in a timely fashion (like ever).

Some minor code changes were also added to allow the bot to run in China without banning everyone. What a time to be alive xD Well it worked as intended on the 2nd attempt.

I have updated the a17 branch again. Some bots were still having issues not reading the version command properly. It turned out that a web service I used to get the internet IP of the bot is having a holiday atm. I found that using the linux command hostname -i gives me the same info. Also there was an additional bug with parsing the version output caused by not always seeing the full INF line that includes the IP of the client connection that called the version command. I fixed that by adding an extra flag so that when the bot calls the version command it will read the output and when another connected client calls the version command, the bot will ignore it. This was always the case but with the IP missing, it needed the extra assist to know when to not ignore the command. This was only a problem because the bot starts off by resetting its internal list of what mods are installed.

I have released another bugfix update. This time servers who's bot was stuck in telnet mode, didn't know what mods were installed and had HideCommandExecutionLog set to 1 could not be fixed the normal ways. I had to tweak the code so that it would start recording the mods if it saw the text it was looking for OR part of the server version string.

Hopefully that is the end of fun with the version command and detecting mods. I can't think of any more cases where it can mess up. The reason why this has been tricky to get right is because the bot is supporting the web API and telnet with telnet info hidden and or not hidden and A16 and A17. That translates into a lot of special cases to be handled while not breaking other stuff.

[Edit] These issues haven't effected everyone but its been like playing whack-a-mole today.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 12-28-2018 at 05:39 AM.

Refugee
    First time trying to use botman and following the guides i can find, but i get stuck at the FaesMudlet2 because it shows 404 on github. Any luck on the ready-made virtual machine?

Quote Originally Posted by adexcidephanol View Post
    First time trying to use botman and following the guides i can find, but i get stuck at the FaesMudlet2 because it shows 404 on github. Any luck on the ready-made virtual machine?
    I haven't touched that in ages and as you have noticed that github repo is no longer available. Instead you can use the newer Mudlet 3.x which you can download directly from mudlet.org. Note that it currently has a bug where the Mudlet will randomly stop listening to IRC chat. It will continue to send messages to IRC but you won't be able to talk to the bot from there. The work-around until I can isolate the bug in Mudlet is to restart Mudlet. You can automate that to happen daily. The bug seems to take at least 1 day to surface.

- - - Updated - - -

ALERT! :O My A16 botman mods zip actually contained the first A17 only version of Alloc's mod >.< I have corrected it and re-uploaded the file http://botman.nz/Botman_Mods_A16.zip

Derp! >.<

Happy New Year! ^^

I am testing the next bot update that fixes several bugs and reported issues. If the magic smoke doesn't escape I will release it in a couple of hours.