Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1628

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Hunter
    That's good to hear. Happy healing!

Well looks like you will have plenty of time for coding lol. Glad to hear you are on the mend.

Here is a before and after xray of my injury. I can report that it hurt a lot :O

Matts broken leg2.jpg

I have created a new botman mods pack specifically for 17.3 Download it here

Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    Here is a before and after xray of my injury. I can report that it hurt a lot :O

Matts broken leg2.jpg
    Seems like your... screwed lol

Yep xD

Its not too bad. Hurting less each day and they feed me and water me and stuff.

"they feed me and water me and stuff. "

That's preposterous NO PRETZELS!!!!! that's an outrage how are you even still alive 0.o

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkhPuH8G5Hg

Ahem....
    I have taught the bots to eat pretzels.

Compatibility alert! The Borderlands mod is not compatible with the bot.

Hi guys!

A few people have approached me about the bot not working on their servers when they are using the Borderlands mod. I notice on the main support discussion for that mod it specifically states that it is not compatible with other mods and after installing it on my own server I found that Allocs mod and the BC mod do not load.

Since the bot requires Alloc's mod for the PM console command among others, that makes the Borderlands mod incompatible with the bot. Hopefully the mod author will make Borderlands compatible with Alloc's mod at least.

If you do install Borderlands and use the bot, commands will work however the bot will not be able to private message anyone so there will be a lot of command feedback missing.

Well this is embarrasing :O

Waaay back in January someone approached me to host a bot for their server. For reasons I forget it didn't happen then. A week or so ago they messaged me again (incredible patience!) and I was all set to do it. At this time I was fresh out of hospital with my pesky broken leg and not really up to doing much yet, then Windows force updated my PC and rebooted it. This wouldn't be a problem but the convo was on Steam chat and I could no longer find it :O

So whoever you are I'm ready to set up and host your bot but for the life of me I can't recall who you are and can't find the chat in any of my hundreds of Steam chats xD

If anyone ever needs to have a convo with me about important stuff, DO NOT use Steam chat. It sucks. This would not have been an issue on Discord as I can easily find convos going back years. Steam.. not so much.

Also my leg is doing much better. I hope to be out of the cast and sporting a stylish moon boot in time for American Independence Day. I have plans to re-brand it to Smeg's Independence Day. In any case you guys in the US can have the day off to celebrate with me xD

Scavenger
    Heya,

I am in need of a way to drop several items to a new player on the server when they enter something like /SHTF it would contain items like flashlight, hunting knife, hammer, gun, ammo, 15 water and 15 can food as well as an antibiotic a pain killer and 5 bandages. Can botman do this. If yes, how simple to set it up?
    I have yet to find any other way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Two Penguins View Post
    Heya,

I am in need of a way to drop several items to a new player on the server when they enter something like /SHTF it would contain items like flashlight, hunting knife, hammer, gun, ammo, 15 water and 15 can food as well as an antibiotic a pain killer and 5 bandages. Can botman do this. If yes, how simple to set it up?
    I have yet to find any other way to do this.
    Right now that feature is only partially coded. I am doing an hopefully big and productive coding session this weekend as I have had a very busy week doing client work and I am feeling much better (mending my broken leg) and itching to get some serious progress going on the bot's new web interface. Custom commands and many other features are more suited to the web interface as they tend to be rather involved and there's only so much simple commands can achieve without getting messy.

I will try to spend some of this weekends energy on completing this feature. I can't promise much as there are many features that need the same attention. My main focus really is to just get progress happening generally after a long absence.

Watch this space (or don't). It won't all get coded in a single weekend.

Important bug fix released for the bot to the a17 code branch.

I had a report of a player getting banned by the bot after they used the /zgate visit command from CBSM. The fault in the bot was Lua was comparing the player id from the tele command against the player id from the bot's own records and the test was failing because one side was a string and the other was a number. The code looked correct but it was how Lua was treating them internally that was the issue.

I fixed it by converting both sides of the test to a number. It is annoying that Lua isn't smarter about comparing data types and it is an easy fault to miss.

This fix should prevent this issue happening not just with CBSM but with any other tele command that hasn't come from the bot.

There are some other fixes and one or 2 improvements in this update. I will post a changelog tomorrow as it is late here and I need to go chase Zzzs.

Good night.

I have released a couple of bug fix updates to the a17 code branch. The recent fix for the zgate issue worked however it also broke the bot's ability to return players from timeout. Also there was a bug in the inventory scanner that prevented players being detained for having items on them that are in the bot's bad items list. Both features are now working correctly. Also I am recoding the inventory scanner to make it better at detecting duplicate items and also to make its code more maintenable. It is a bit of and over-complicated mess atm.

The changes to the scanner will be released when I am finished and have tested it thoroughly.

Hi guys! I went nuts and started updating pages on my botman.nz website :O I still have lots to go and I will remove a few that aren't really relevant and add some new ones. I mean some of those empty pages have been viewed thousands of times xD