Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1636

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

I have updated the commands pages on my website. In the guides section I have only updated the Care and Feeding of your bot guide so far. The rest will get fixed up over the next couple of days. Some guides will go and some new ones may be added.

I also updated the thanks page on my website. I have a few more people to thank there still. I am also updating the website itself so for the moment I have stopped editing pages as I would only need to re-backup the site again.

The botman.nz website has had its backend updated and it is now using a new theme. I had to replace the theme because the menu was not compatible with the newer version of the CMS that I am using. It's colour scheme needs work but it is more or less the same. One nice change is the menu can now be clicked on anywhere. The previous one only worked if you clicked on the menu titles which sucked.

Like the old theme, the new one is responsive which means it should display on phones and tablets too. I haven't tried that myself yet but I'm not expecting major issues with that.

More importantly the website has caught up with security updates and bug fixes in the CMS. Hopefully it performs better too. I have tweaked several settings which should improve performance.

On the botman.nz website the commands submenu is too long so tomorrow I will add a menu down the left of the page when you are viewing the help so that you can access all of the pages. I may need to leave the existing dropdown menu alone so as not to break people's bookmarks. I'll sort something out but right now it is time for me to chase Zzzs. Goodnight!

Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    Since the bot requires Alloc's mod for the PM console command among others, that makes the Borderlands mod incompatible with the bot. Hopefully the mod author will make Borderlands compatible with Alloc's mod at least.
    I'm also hoping for this, Smegzor. I love the BorderlandZ mod, and being able to use Alloc's mod and your mod fully with it would be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    Also my leg is doing much better.
    That's good to hear! You need a Harley though.

Refugee
    Keep up the good work, thank you smegzor...!

Good news everyone! I am out of my cast and walking around in my normal street shoes (plural!) without crutches and no moon boot!

My ankle is REALLY stiff in one direction (forward and back) and I am walking like an old man atm (I'm only 50!). Tomorrow I will go for a ride on my bike but just the mean (flat) streets, nothing adventurous. My left leg has lost a ton of condition and is half as beefy as the other leg but it will recover quickly. Tonight I am celebrating with my favourite alcohol and eating a fancy steak (for medicinal purposes!)

The Doc said that my break was a difficult one to fix. He had to get his boss in to assist. They did a great job though and I'm walking again! WOOOOOOO!

Yay me!
    Last edited by Smegzor; 07-02-2019 at 04:23 AM.

I have released a bugfix update. It includes an ability to customise the reward for voting for the server. At the moment this is only half finished. You can change the reward which is normally the sc_General crate to another item. In the next update in a day or 2 you will be able to set a list of items and specify stuff like quantities and qualities. I had to rush this update out as I found a bug that caused the bot's private messages to fail to be sent in certain circumstances. It can't have been that common as I had only one report of it happening.

Glad to hear you are doing better Smegz!

Refugee
    Good work smegzor! *thumbs up*

I have released a couple of updates recently to the a17 code branch. I'll update github soon so I can post a changelog. The latest update fixes an issue with the bot reading gg via Alloc's web API. The problem actually comes from the BC mod and how it JSON encodes the data. I am not a JSON expert but the easiest fix was to just force the bot to send gg via telnet and avoid the encoding issue. It should not be a problem for anything else that the bot does use the API for.

This update might fix some other issues in the process as the gg issue prevented the bot from reading beyond the join message (in the server config via gg).

There is a new botman mod available that you can check out right now. I am adding bot command support for it. So far the main thing supported is the ability to change messages from Server: to Botman: or whatever your bot is called and colour the bot's name. The bulk of the mod is a fairly complete port of the original Coppi's mod. I have a mod coder working on it for Botmanhosting. The bot still supports the BC mod and will use it for a while yet. Eventually the BC mod won't be required for full bot features, but don't remove it just yet.

I have updated the bot's github repo finally!

Here is the changelog..

New commands, fixes, tweaks and the beginnings of support for a new botman mod!

Added custom folder to the github repo containing custom_fuctions.lua, customIRC.lua, and gmsg_custom.lua. These have been around for a long time and are places where you can add your own custom code to the bot without risk of a future bot update deleting your code. The update only replaces code in the scripts folder. The custom folder lives above scripts.

New commands:

/remove entity {optional entity id}
    The bot will despawn any trader within 2 blocks of you in-game or an entity by id if given.
    This command makes it a little easier to de-spawn traders. Just stand next to them and use this command without an id. You will need an id if you have other traders right next to you.

/set bot name colour {hex colour code}
    Set the colour of the bot's name. Requires the botman mod. With the botman mod installed, you can change messages from Server: to use the name of your bot. This command allows you to set a colour for the bot's name in chat. Note that the mod also supports a colour for the bot's name in private messages. Currently I have only coded support for public messages.

/set max log days {number}
    The default is 14 days. Setting this too long will result in lots of log files on disk. To prevent this causing issues on my hosted bots, the max you can set this is 60 days. To set it higher you need to edit telnetlogkeepdays in the server table in the database.

New command to set a custom server vote reward. Note that random and list options are not coded yet but the rest is finished.

/set server vote reward {default/random/list/item/entity}
    /set server vote reward random quantity {number} quality {number}
    The default reward is the sc_General supply crate.
    If you set a random reward you can optionally set a quantity and quality.
    Quality is random if not specified.
    Quantity is the number of random items, not a quantity of the same item (except by chance). If quantity is not set the bot will give between 3 and 5 random items.
    If you set the reward as list you will need additional commands to manage the reward items. For commands type {#}help reward list.
    If you set the reward as item, the player will be given the item that you specify.
    If you have a custom entity (eg sc_General2) type {#}set server vote reward entity sc_General2.

/test vote reward
    In-game only and restricted to server owners. This command allows you to test spawning the server vote reward. Note that it currently also flags you as having actually voted. I will fix that in a future update.

/enable/disable fetch
    Allow or block players using the fetch command to teleport friends to them. This command allows you to still have player to player teleporting enabled while disabling /fetch.

Everything else:

Added support for the botman mod's console commands bm-say and bm-sayprivate which allows Server: to be replaced with Botman:

Fixed bug in the inventory scanner. I am also doing a major re-code of the scanner but I have held that back until it is finished.

Fixed an issue with reading GG in API mode. The BC mod JSON encodes the result which is fine until the server join message includes \r\n's then the parser breaks and the rest of gg can't be read. I fixed this issue by forcing the bot to use telnet to read gg.

I have added a lua file for botman mod chat commands called gmsg_botman.lua. Currently there are no commands in it.

The chat parser has some code changes to support messages coming from Server: or your bot's name. On IRC they still show up as coming from Server: but in-game they are altered.

Bot command support for coppi's mod and djkrose's scripting mod has been disabled as those are only relevant in A16. Coppi's mod has been rolled into the botman mod and commands will re-appear there.

I fixed some bugs in /claim vote when using a custom entity as the vote reward. I still have code to add to complete the new vote reward options.

Added a minimum value check on /set max uptime so you can't set it to 0.

The IRC command 'near player joe' now lists entities near them. Note that each time you use this command it does a scan for entities but you won't see the result of the scan unless you repeat the command. If you haven't used the command in a while and it does list entities, the list will be out of date.

Added several new fields to the server table, some of which have no code to support them yet.

Added some web interface support for the botman web interfaces (2) that are coming.

Various small bug fixes and tweaks.

I am porting commands from the bot's BC mod commands to the new botman mod commands. I have rigged the code so that if you have the BC mod and the botman mod installed, it will use the botman mod. I have kept the commands the same so that the bot will trigger on the botman command and not use the BC command.

Until everything is ported over, you will still need the BC mod. There are a number of internal bot commands tied to the BC mod that use Alloc's web API. I will work on botman mod support for the web API soon.

So far I have ported the following commands..

/hide commands
    /set player chat colour
    /add/remove trader protection

Lots more still to do. After that, some new commands and features will be added but I have several unfinished tasks to work on as well.

[Edit] Oh and there is nothing wrong with the BC mod, but Stompy is taking a break from coding. I have a new mod coder who has migrated the bulk of Coppi's mod and we are adding new features. I want to do more server side and having a mod coder allows us to automate stuff that I would have to do with many console commands otherwise. Right now the bot's safe zone (zombie despawner) is being moved server side which will allow it to despawn zombies on spawn without the bot needing to send any commands to the server apart from 1 command to set up and enable that feature.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 1 Week Ago at 12:16 PM.

I have updated the a17 code branch from the testing branch. Today's code changes will be released to the testing branch after I have tested the bot with and without the BC mod and Botman mod to make sure nothing stupid breaks if one or the other is not present.