Page 2 of 110 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Scavenger
    Smegzor, what setting do we need to put into the friendly fire section of the server setup to get the bot to limit pvp to , say, the southwest? I put in anybody can kill anybody, but the bot isn't notifying me when I enter or leave the pvp zone. Do I have to have the server set up as no friendly fire do get pvp zones to work, or friends can only attack friends, or which? Thanks....

Reconstructionist
    My first experiences with botman:

I think the botman its not ready for public.
    At the moment there is no webinterface to setup the bot.
    Smegzor must setup your bot. On our Server he have activate commands that i never want. He dont ask me which features or commands i want.

Now i need help, but Support is difficult because he live in a different timezone. If i am online and need help - he is sleeping.

Then i want to help myself and look for documents but.. there is no documents of all commands. Many Guides or documents on this homepage are empty or incomplete.

I hope it will get better.

*update

Smegzor is a cool man.

After our first problems with the Bot he promise me he change some things for us and fix the last bugs of features what we need.

I think the bot will be nice!
    Last edited by thomtree; 10-12-2016 at 07:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    It can't be run directly on a game host such as LowLatency, Bluefang et al. The bot is a desktop app so you need a full OS to run it which is not a service they offer. The bot connects remotely via telnet the same as CBSM. You can host it on a desktop PC or on a server running Linux with a desktop installed. The version that gives the least problems is Ubuntu 14.04 You can have problems with access to the database on 16.04 so avoid that one.

If its too much effort for you, you could get me to host your bot for you at botmanhosting.com
    You can try it out for a month and if its not for you, you'll have at least avoided going to the trouble of setting up a computer for it.
    Thanks for the reply, pretty much all the information I need to go forward.

Hi,

Sorry about that. I'm busy with work (RL) I have a job and its hard to be available 24/7. The help on the website isn't that incomplete. All the important sections are there (Server and Admin commands etc). The bot does have some bugs that I need to address asap and the web interface is badly needed. I can make time for you but given the TZ differences, maybe we need to book a time rather than hope to catch each other. With the bot, once the initial setup is done, there isn't that much ongoing maintenance to worry about. The main place for setup is IRC because it is much better suited to listing stuff and it doesn't vanish off the screen like game chat.

I promise it will get better. I am planning on taking time off work later this week just so I can be around more and get on top of issues.

Quote Originally Posted by thomtree View Post
    My first experiences with botman:

I think the botman its not ready for public.
    At the moment there is no webinterface to setup the bot.
    Smegzor must setup your bot. On our Server he have activate commands that i never want. He dont ask me which features or commands i want.

Now i need help, but Support is difficult because he live in a different timezone. If i am online and need help - he is sleeping.

Then i want to help myself and look for documents but.. there is no documents of all commands. Many Guides or documents on this homepage are empty or incomplete.

I hope it will get better.

You don't need to touch the server config for that. There are bot commands..

To make south of 0,0 pvp you can type /south pvp. It also takes, /set server pvp (or pve), /north pvp, /west pvp, /east pvp, /northeast pvp, /northwest pvp, /southeast pvp, and /southwest pvp. You can also create a location, set it to pvp and even have locations inside locations with different rules. For location help type /help locations

Quote Originally Posted by Kether11 View Post
    Smegzor, what setting do we need to put into the friendly fire section of the server setup to get the bot to limit pvp to , say, the southwest? I put in anybody can kill anybody, but the bot isn't notifying me when I enter or leave the pvp zone. Do I have to have the server set up as no friendly fire do get pvp zones to work, or friends can only attack friends, or which? Thanks....

Scavenger
    Hmm. Well, when I do /southwest pvp, the bot responds with, southwest of 0,0 is now a pvp zone!, but it doesn't notify any more when you enter or exit that zone. It used to caution in red when you entered. Also, the /base and /home commands have stopped working. I typed /setbase several times and the bot acknowledges, but when I try to tp there with /base, it just says command received /base but doesn't teleport. I can add other locations and type /location_name and it TPs me there just fine, also notifies when I enter or leave those locations.
    Last edited by Kether11; 10-11-2016 at 02:48 AM.

Oh that's a bug. I fixed it recently but its not everywhere yet. Where is your bot? I could update it for you if I have access. I lose track of who is who xD

Hmm. Well, when I do /southwest pvp, the bot responds with, southwest of 0,0 is now a pvp zone!, but it doesn't notify any more when you enter or exit that zone. It used to caution in red when you entered. Also, the /base and /home commands have stopped working. I typed /setbase several times and the bot acknowledges, but when I try to tp there with /base, it just says command received /base but doesn't teleport. I can add other locations and type /location_name and it TPs me there just fine, also notifies when I enter or leave those locations.

Scavenger
    If you could update it that would be great! I got the version from the download link on your site a few days ago. Server name is Primitive Nights, server pass is "sysygee3" no quotes. Can you update it from there, through IRC maybe?? If not, if you'll put the updated bot on your download link, I can just reinstall it myself tomorrow. Thank you!

Updated here botman.nz/latest_bot.zip

There are still some issues to fix but this should work better. The info command on IRC is broken atm. Fixing tomorrow.

If you could update it that would be great! I got the version from the download link on your site a few days ago. Server name is Primitive Nights, server pass is "sysygee3" no quotes. Can you update it from there, through IRC maybe?? If not, if you'll put the updated bot on your download link, I can just reinstall it myself tomorrow. Thank you!

Scavenger
    Updated here botman.nz/latest_bot.zip

There are still some issues to fix but this should work better. The info command on IRC is broken atm. Fixing tomorrow.
    Thanks. In this version, notification of entering / exiting pvp zones works great again. The /base and /home commands still don't teleport though. Also there are some situations where the bot ignores uppercase letters and converts them to lower: hotspot messages, and /load prefab for Coppi's. Prefab file names with uppercase letters aren't being found and can't be loaded. I'm going to set lobby, prison, arena, and exile locations here in a bit to see how those play out.

Regardless, thanks for a great piece of software and for continuing to work on it.

One last thing, if anyone's setting this up themselves, the bots_profile.xml file is top level in the download. You need to create a folder called "current" on the same level, and put the bots_profile.xml file inside of it, otherwise the bot won't run.

Refugee
    We are experiencing the same /setbase /base issues mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by crabby View Post
    We are experiencing the same /setbase /base issues mentioned above.
    I'll be testing and debugging after work. Fixed code will be uploaded to http://botman.nz/latest_bot.zip and I'll update this post. For those who's bot I have ftp access to, I will update them personally. Later on I'll add an auto-updater but bug fixes come first.

[Edit] OK the zip is updated. I fixed several issues that I recently created >.< in the IRC code. You will want the scripts folder in the zip. If you haven't edited any of my code you can just drop it in so it replaces the existing scripts folder. It won't touch the edit_me.lua file. You will need to restart your bot.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 10-12-2016 at 01:13 PM.

I'll be testing and debugging after work. Fixed code will be uploaded to http://botman.nz/latest_bot.zip and I'll update this post. For those who's bot I have ftp access to, I will update them personally. Later on I'll add an auto-updater but bug fixes come first.
    Thanks for the support.

Reconstructionist
    Smegzor is a cool man.

After our first problems with the Bot he promise me he change some things for us and fix the last bugs of features what we need.

Quote Originally Posted by thomtree View Post
    Smegzor is a cool man.

I'll make sure of it. I will soon be testing a modded version of Mudlet. https://github.com/itsTheFae/FaesMudlet2#mudlet---faes-mudlet but first I will fix bugs and add more configuration options. Also the default bot install will have all non-essential features disabled by default rather than starting with features enabled that may not be wanted.

I will begin adding support for the modded Mudlet as testing progresses.

Here's the TL/DR: The modded Mudlet will auto join and rejoin IRC and can be updated to connect to a new IP, port and pass if your 7 Days server moves. Also it slices, dices and cooks breakfast.

Here is most of the readme from the link above..

Fae's Mudlet is a Fork of Mudlet 2.1 intended to expand IRC and other functionality in Mudlet, mainly for the needs of Botman - A 7 Days To Die Server Manager. This branch is the active development branch, it has the latest custom code stuff and may be unstable at times.

Compatibility Differences

Lua Function sendIrc() now returns 1 on successful send or 0 on errors / not ready for sending. Used to return nil.
    Lua Function reconnect() now accepts three optional arguments, Host (string), Port (integer), and saveToProfile (boolean). Using these arguments will change the connection info for telnet before reconnecting it, and allow you to save the changes to the active profile from lua.

Noteworthy Changes

IRC Settings are now available in the Profile Preferences/Settings window, and save per-profile.
    The IRC Chat now connects to localhost:6667 until configured by profile settings or Lua function calls.
    The IRC Chat window will not open unless you have loaded a connection profile.
    The IRC client is now started automatically by calls to sendIrc() from lua, unless disabled manually.
    The IRC client will attempt to reconnect to the current connected IRC server if an unexpected disconnection occurs.
    The IRC can be disabled completely by setting the IRC Nickname setting to "DisableMudletIRC" (without " marks.)
    The IRC can also be stopped and started manually by issuing commands /stopirc and /startirc in Mudlet's IRC chat window.
    New Lua functions for interacting with the IRC Client functions and configurations.
    More 'slash' commands supported by the IRC Client.
    New Lua functions for saving and loading window layouts to the active profile.

New IRC Window Commands

/join <Channel> - Join a channel.
    /part <Channel> - Leave a channel.
    /listusers [Channel] - Updates the nicklist for the Main channel or the channel specified.
    /listchans - Lists currently Joined channels, including the Main channel.
    /setchan [Channel] - Sets the Main IRC Channel, leaving the previous main channel.
    /joinserver <hostname>[:<port>] - Changes the current server connection settings and reconnects if needed.
    /whois <Nick> - Requests Whois information about given Nick.
    /whowas <Nick> - Requests Whowas information about the given Nick.

New Lua Functions

ircGetHost() - Gets the sessions IRC Host configuration as a string with the format :.
    ircGetNick() - Gets the sessions IRC Nick name configuration as a string.
    ircGetChannel() - Gets the sessions Main IRC Channel configuration as a string.
    ircSetHost( Host, Port ) - Sets the active Host (and optional Port) used for the IRC client. Returns nil.
    ircSetNick( NickName ) - Sets the active IRC NickName. Returns nil.
    ircSetChannel( Channel ) - Sets the Main IRC Channel to send and operate on. Returns nil.
    ircSaveSessionConfigs() - Saves the session IRC configuration to the profile configuration files.
    ircJoin( Channel ) - Attempts to join an additional Channel. Returns int, 1 on assumed success, 0 on local failure. Note: Return value does not indicate actual Join.
    ircPart( Channel ) - Attempts to leave a Channel previously joined, or closes connection if all channels are left. Returns int, 1 on assumed success and 0 on local failure. Note: Return value does not indicate actual Part.
    ircGetChannels() - Returns a string of currently joined channels, delimited by spaces. Returns an empty string when not connected.
    ircGetNicks( Channel ) - Requests the Nick list from the Channel given, activates sysIrcStatusMessage event when the list has been fetched. Returns string, a cached Nick list for the Channel if available or empty string if not.
    ircWhoIs( Nick ) - Requests IRC Whois information for the given Nick. Results are passed back via the sysIrcStatusMessage event.
    ircWhoWas( Nick ) - Requests IRC Whowas information for the given Nick. Results are passed back via the sysIrcStatusMessage event.
    saveWindowLayout( Version ) - Saves the current window layout to the active profile, Version integer is option and defaults to 0.
    loadWindowLayout( Version ) - Loads a window layout from the active profile if it exists, Version integer is optional and defaults to 0.

New Lua Events

sysIrcStatusMessage - Event much like sysIrcMessage but for handling IRC Client status updates.
    Three string type arguments are passed to this event:
    -- Subject is usualy a Channel name or Nick name.
    -- Data is usually the text sent back from the IRC Server, cleaned a bit in some cases.
    -- Code is always a number, indicating the IRC message type sent from the server.
    It is activated by the following Lua functions:
    ircGetNicks( Channel ) - Passes the Channel name as Subject, Nick list as Data, and the IRC Code #.
    ircWhoIs( Nick ) - Passes the Nick name as Subject, Whois line as Data, and the IRC Code #.
    ircWhoWas( Nick ) - Passes the Nick name as Subject, Whowas line as Data, and the IRC Code #.
    Last edited by Smegzor; 10-12-2016 at 07:52 AM.