Page 3 of 110 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Botman server manager official support thread

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    I'll be testing and debugging after work. Fixed code will be uploaded to http://botman.nz/latest_bot.zip and I'll update this post. For those who's bot I have ftp access to, I will update them personally. Later on I'll add an auto-updater but bug fixes come first.

[Edit] OK the zip is updated. I fixed several issues that I recently created >.< in the IRC code. You will want the scripts folder in the zip. If you haven't edited any of my code you can just drop it in so it replaces the existing scripts folder. It won't touch the edit_me.lua file. You will need to restart your bot.

New version at posted link doesn't work: bot won't start. Dropped the scripts folder in as per instructions, and getting this error at startup: Lua error:...t/profiles/jbot101116/scripts/reload_bot_scripts.lua:12: attempt to call global
    'alertAdmins' (a nil value)

On previous version, /arrest <player> doesn't teleport player to prison--doesn't work. The /freeze <player> command keeps trying to teleport player to their original "frozen" location--even when they're standing still and haven't moved.
    Last edited by Kether11; 10-13-2016 at 02:29 AM.

That's a database issue or a typo in edit_me.lua (not included in the scripts folder in my zip). I could remote in and take a look if you like.
    I'm not available right now but can be in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Kether11 View Post
    New version at posted link doesn't work: bot won't start. Dropped the scripts folder in as per instructions, and getting this error at startup: Lua error:...t/profiles/jbot101116/scripts/reload_bot_scripts.lua:12: attempt to call global
    'alertAdmins' (a nil value)

On previous version, /arrest <player> doesn't teleport player to prison--doesn't work. The /freeze <player> command keeps trying to teleport player to their original "frozen" location--even when they're standing still and haven't moved.

Scavenger
    I changed no files, and the database is the same as from the last version. I will check the database tonight though--sounds like you're saying a record wasn't inserted or updated with an admin steam ID. If that's not it, I'll chunk the two databases entirely and reinstall this new bot version from scratch. And if that doesn't do it, I'll email you with a sudo user and pass so you can check it out through remote desktop.

Thanks Smegzor. Your bot is seriously what's keeping me interested in running a server here, so I want to get the bot to work. I hope you don't think I'm trying to be a pain...

I changed no files, and the database is the same as from the last version. I will check the database tonight though--sounds like you're saying a record wasn't inserted or updated with an admin steam ID. If that's not it, I'll chunk the two databases entirely and reinstall this new bot version from scratch. And if that doesn't do it, I'll email you with a sudo user and pass so you can check it out through remote desktop.

Thanks Smegzor. Your bot is seriously what's keeping me interested in running a server here, so I want to get the bot to work. I hope you don't think I'm trying to be a pain...
    Add me on Steam, I'm Smegz0r there. I have fixed several issues but want to investigate your scripts error.

Scavenger
    Well, I reinstalled the bot completely; got rid of the old databases, set everything up again on your newest posted version. The bot starts now, but /base and /home still don't work, so I'm not sure what's been fixed.

In any case, I should probably let all of this go for a while--at least until the game code stabilizes past alpha and server managers have a chance to mature. I don't at all regret the $50 I donated to you three months ago for your work--you very obviously put in a ton of time and effort, and the final bot verson for 14.7 was stellar. But I'm also paying lots of money per month to maintain a dedicated server for nothing else but 7dtd, and at this stage, I'm finding that's just not very wise. There are far more servers than players out there right now, and I don't think I'm contributing much by putting yet another server on board for nobody to use. I was hoping I could tailor your bot to provide players a unique experience on my server, but it's clearly way too early to be thinking along those lines.

In any case, kudos to you for your hard work and dedication, and for keeping your project going. I'm confident that in time, you'll have an absolutely stellar product.

Be well, Smegzor--it was a great run and learning experience. I'll never be a linux guru, but I sure learned a lot from getting your bot up and running on my own. Thank you for that.

Well, I reinstalled the bot completely; got rid of the old databases, set everything up again on your newest posted version. The bot starts now, but /base and /home still don't work, so I'm not sure what's been fixed.

In any case, I should probably let all of this go for a while--at least until the game code stabilizes past alpha and server managers have a chance to mature. I don't at all regret the $50 I donated to you three months ago for your work--you very obviously put in a ton of time and effort, and the final bot verson for 14.7 was stellar. But I'm also paying lots of money per month to maintain a dedicated server for nothing else but 7dtd, and at this stage, I'm finding that's just not very wise. There are far more servers than players out there right now, and I don't think I'm contributing much by putting yet another server on board for nobody to use. I was hoping I could tailor your bot to provide players a unique experience on my server, but it's clearly way too early to be thinking along those lines.

In any case, kudos to you for your hard work and dedication, and for keeping your project going. I'm confident that in time, you'll have an absolutely stellar product.

Be well, Smegzor--it was a great run and learning experience. I'll never be a linux guru, but I sure learned a lot from getting your bot up and running on my own. Thank you for that.
    Wow! Thanks for the kind words! =D

Sad to see you hang up the boots but I'm sure you'll be keeping an eye on the bot's progress and will come back later. I've got lots of nice features planned and have a small informal team of helpers, TheFae, Coppi, lots of testers and all the bug reports and suggestions from you guys =D

Right now I'm fixing bugs and adding to Coppi's world edit features. Planning easy commands to repair and restore chunks mangled by um admins with powerful world edit commands xD The plan is to save each chunk before the bot does the first block or prefab command in any given chunk so you can later type /fix chunk to get it back to its original state no matter what happened after. I have to work out the math to identify and define the area of the chunk below you so you don't have to mark anything out or even be aware that it saves it. I'm also adding a /fix bedrock command that just re-creates the bedrock layer.

I've had a lot of feedback and some grumbles xD I'm addressing all of them and hopefully I don't miss any. Once the worst bugs are gone, I will turn my attention to the web interface and the Docker container.

Welp can't type more. I have bugs to fix. I'll start a post on my subreddit listing bugs fixed. You never know, I may remember to keep it updated xD I'm bad at that.

I have created a bug fix thread on my subreddit. It lists things I have fixed and bugs I am working on.

Hi smegzor, how would I got about disabling all teleport capability from a PVP location? Effectively, once a player enters the PVP zone they can't use it as a quick escape.

Quote Originally Posted by mythan View Post
    Hi smegzor, how would I got about disabling all teleport capability from a PVP location? Effectively, once a player enters the PVP zone they can't use it as a quick escape.
    That used to be in the bot but with the expansion to more servers I removed it. I'll add it back in as an option with the default set to off.

Scavenger
    I can't get rid of my server and the bot. I just can't. I wanted to, tried to convince myself I have to, but I can't. I like this game and the bot too much. That's probably absurd.

I downloaded latest-bot.zip again this morning, chunked the databases again, reinstalled everything. I think maybe my issue with /setbase and /base not working was that I had set up a location first. I didn't realize that the default for a new location was that no player could /setbase there. Maybe I thought server owners were exempt from that. Anyway, once I allowed players to /setbase in that location, tada! I could teleport by using /base. I also noticed that, even though I was admin, I was still being "watched." I told the bot to stop watching me. Maybe that had something to do with it; I don't know.

In any case, I saw on your reddit that you added some new admin commands, changed some code. How often will you be updating newest_bot.zip? Will you be notifying here when that happens? I hope so.

I took the password off of Primitive Nights, so folks can play there if they want to. I still need to set up lobby, arena, etc. but will likely do that tomorrow (my timezone is CST).

I'm so glad the bot works again, you have no idea!

If you want the latest fixes, its in botman.nz/latest_bot_new.zip I'm still testing it so I haven't moved it to the other zip yet. It seems solid though.

Hi smegzor,

Disclaimer, I'm not running the latest bot.

A few players asked about the "care package" they won via gimme. It says "pname ..won a care package via air drop. Gee I hope the pilot knows where the drop zone is!". Is it meant to drop something or is it a joke? I know that the sc_general code in A15 changed to 27. Apologies if this was fixed in a later version.

Quote Originally Posted by mythan View Post
    Hi smegzor,

Disclaimer, I'm not running the latest bot.

A few players asked about the "care package" they won via gimme. It says "pname ..won a care package via air drop. Gee I hope the pilot knows where the drop zone is!". Is it meant to drop something or is it a joke? I know that the sc_general code in A15 changed to 27. Apologies if this was fixed in a later version.
    It spawns an air drop, not the kind that drops a crate on you but the kind that spawns a plane, which of course could go to anyone xD
    I know this and it is on purpose. Several of the gimme prizes are joke prizes or just mean, like the one that gives everyone but the winner the prize. I like the random chance spawning an air drop give you, also you have to leg it to collect your prize xD

Scavenger
    not sure what command i am missing, already tried clearing motd but still get the old server random message

Quote Originally Posted by Smegzor View Post
    It spawns an air drop, not the kind that drops a crate on you but the kind that spawns a plane, which of course could go to anyone xD
    I know this and it is on purpose. Several of the gimme prizes are joke prizes or just mean, like the one that gives everyone but the winner the prize. I like the random chance spawning an air drop give you, also you have to leg it to collect your prize xD
    Hi smegzor, you're right, I should've checked the log rather than post here. It is running the command like it should, at that point it's over the 7DTD server to do it's thing. The players told me they don't see/hear a plane anywhere, but that's not the bots fault.

Code:
    2016-10-16T19:38:23 43148.672 INF Executing command 'spawnairdrop' by Telnet from 127.0.0.1:49974
    2016-10-16T19:38:23 43148.703 INF AIAirDrop: Computed flight paths for 1 aircraft.
    2016-10-16T19:38:23 43148.703 INF AIAirDrop: Waiting for supply crate chunk locations to load...