View Poll Results: What do YOU really want after listening to Joel answer the questions of volume 1?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • A two month dev cycle for A16 with fewer features.

57 62.64%
  • A six month dev cycle for A16 with more features.

34 37.36%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 2

Scavenger
    Q: What's the expected Graphics Quality you can run on given the "Recommended" specs that come with the game?

This comes from your comment "are you running on a potato" in the last Q&A. My experience on Mac is that for a roughly "recommended" system, I get 50fps on Medium on SP, and this drops to 30 or 40 when joining a remote MP game. Is this good, bad or about right?

PS: Great work so far, keep it up!
    Last edited by fish; 10-11-2016 at 06:00 AM.

Madmole,

In Alpha 16, will zombies be able to interact with water? Cause it seems like in A15, zombies are not affected by water, and just walk around on the floor of a body of water. Will they be able to swim or something in A16?

With wolves and bandits coming will AI get a overhaul? More advanced AI behaviors such as walking in packs, taking cover and doing covering fire.

TL;DR: Will AI get a lot more interesting in Alpha 16 and future alphas?

Last edited by ChJees; 10-11-2016 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Updated my facts!

Sup MadMole,
    thank you for A15, it's awesome!

Any chance of seeing any siege machineries coming? Such as catapult or battering ram. It would be awesome to be able to craft them late in the game and use then to raid in a PvP server.

Thanks bro

Hi MM,

Just wondered what the plans are in terms of harvesting honey if you're removing hornets, Is honey becoming a loot only item, and if so is there anything the vultures have to make them worth harvesting?

Thanks, and loving A15.

In your last Q&A you said that the average player will not even see 50% of a random gen map. With that in mind do you feel that trader density in RWG is adequate as is? In my experience you get an average of ~3 traders per quarter of a given RWG seed, which means an average random gen player will see far fewer traders than navezgane and have to travel a far greater distance between them.

I also want to thank TFP because you guys knocked it out of the park with alpha 15 and your team really went the extra mile this release with linux fixes. Thank you.

Question
    Now that lakes seem so much larger with the new view distance, would it be possible to add some kind of craft for moving across the lakes?

Suggestion
    Perhaps a canoe or raft would fit the setting possibly with room for two or more players and a bit of storage capacity.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Roland; 10-13-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Hey MM,

With regards to snakes (which personally I am looking forward to) I am guessing you will be implementing a poisoning buff or similar if attacked/bitten and that there will be some way of looting/making a cure.

I was wondering whether, if that's the case, you were planning to implement the ability to "farm" the poison too, so a player can add it to arrows/crossbow bolts and maybe knife/machete?

It would only affect "living" targets, so animals, players and (when more than Traders are implemented) NPC's...

Thanks as always - wonder if you'll try and read my name out this time?

Keep on keeping on dude.

Refugee
    Heyya, nice game you've got now, cheers. My question:

In regards all the forums debates and polls about the A16 length, what do you think of having the shorter update cycles (2 months) and dropping in each some of the whole new content that is being called about (electricity, boats, bandits,etc), instead of one big main update? Like for instance bandits to A16, electricity to A17... since that content aint much related, it could be dropped individually.

Refugee

Lockpicking

Hello madmole, thanks for creating the best zombie game out there!!

How will the player get lockpicks? Are they craftable or found in rare quantities? Also, if you fail the lockpicking minigame, will you lose the lockpick?

I think I heard you mention adding resting in the game at one stage. Still coming or scrapped? If coming, has there been much thought as to what this will do and how it will work? Ie, cure a buff, create one if lacking, etc?
    Last edited by Roland; 10-13-2016 at 06:26 PM. Reason: sleep is not and has not been planned but resting has been talked about.

Big Rig

Hey Madmole!

Can I have your Rig?

Not literally, but seriously...I'm looking to custom build a new gaming only system for myself and my better half (yep, 7 days has done that to us). So I was hoping that you could share the specs of your system that you play 7 days on. Details are great but even a vague summary would do.

Thanks for everything. Your videos sucked us in and your game got us hooked!

Are you planning any kind of multiplayer "Boss event" that would require a few (more than 1) players to beat?
    Last edited by CongoBongo; 10-12-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Question:

I read that the menu is getting an overhaul, does that mean that the Server Browser is finally getting some love too?

To clarify, now servers are split in modded and vanilla, but not if the server is Actually using modified files or not. Would be nice to have those in different group and preferably an option for serverconfig to write what kind of modified files its using so people can search for it or see how much is modded.

When we get sleeper zombies, can we get some regular corpses that look exactly like the sleepers? That way you don't know until you approach it if it is a zombie or just a corpse.