Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [10/18] Detention Squad DLC

Refugee
    The skins being paid DLC means we don't get the character creator and probably never will. Again,it's not that big a deal but that's why I'm not thrilled. Also its a rip off. If you have the money,good for you. But most don't have the money to spend on somethin ultimately pointless. So now we have the choice...be a generic character or get ripped off. I know what I'm gonna do. Anyone who does buy has more money than sense in my opinion or still hasn't quite got the system down. Still, live and let live.

And again,this game is full price for the quality of it. I'm not spending more on an unfinished game.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by KaininAble View Post
    The skins being paid DLC means we don't get the character creator and probably never will. Again,it's not that big a deal but that's why I'm not thrilled. Also its a rip off. If you have the money,good for you. But most don't have the money to spend on somethin ultimately pointless. So now we have the choice...be a generic character or get ripped off. I know what I'm gonna do. Anyone who does buy has more money than sense in my opinion or still hasn't quite got the system down. Still, live and let live.

And again,this game is full price for the quality of it. I'm not spending more on an unfinished game.
    And how many hrs have you put in this game? I bet more than half the people or hell probably 75% that complain about 7 days in one way or another have put at least 100 or so hrs . Most games that i have payed the 60$ tab for hasn't turned out to be half as fun as 7 days n not counting the time comparison i have played each. I would pay 30$ for a game like this with or without the current problems , than to pay 60$ for most titles out now. Just look at most games you get around the 20$ range , most look like their pulled right off the old 8 bit nintendo system .

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by SPRADLIN007 View Post
    And how many hrs have you put in this game? I bet more than half the people or hell probably 75% that complain about 7 days in one way or another have put at least 100 or so hrs . Most games that i have payed the 60$ tab for hasn't turned out to be half as fun as 7 days n not counting the time comparison i have played each. I would pay 30$ for a game like this with or without the current problems , than to pay 60$ for most titles out now. Just look at most games you get around the 20$ range , most look like their pulled right off the old 8 bit nintendo system .
    Agreed i play till day 100 and now im starting a new game and will go to day 200 this game is a blast

Quote Originally Posted by KaininAble View Post

The Game is half the cost of most console titles, the DLC’s are a couple of Bucks.

It’s fine if you don’t want it, no one is forcing you to buy them but no need to diss others who do purchase it.

“Generic Character or Get ripped off”, but you claim the Skin DLC is pointless, so how are you getting ripped off with a pointless DLC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadude860 View Post
    i would pay for anything but skins anything even more building stuff , vehicles, weapons ect, but not skins
    I think DLC locked building stuff would be a bad move.

Weapon and Mini Bike skins would be cool.

Yeah but the $60 games do have things like Animations.

It all depends on the game, obviously The Fun Pimps is a small team and the game doesn't have nearly the amount of polish that most console games have so I don't think they felt they could legitimately charge $60. $30 seems like a fair price for this game and I would definitely be open to buying DLC in the future (player skins in an FPS don't really interest me though) as a means of supporting the game in the future. I got my money's worth out of 7DTD 3 weeks after I bought it. At this point my cost on this game is nearing pennies per hour.

Refugee
    Amen brother

Refugee
    Agreed...

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by DoucheVader View Post
    I think DLC locked building stuff would be a bad move.

Weapon and Mini Bike skins would be cool.
    Well in the post apocalypse the person with the most resources win some ppl have it some dont gfys

I don’t think throwing money at new blocks and Weapons is actually going to make it happen any quicker, and when this new content is available, I’m pretty sure it will be added as an update for everyone free, also pretty sure it will only be in line with where the game is heading via the PC version.

After all it’ only in a PVP multiplayer environment that any play to win DLC would have any effect. Even then, pretty sure most would avoid those that have to buy their success. Otherwise you are playing with friends, on your own or co-op in a PVE type. No market for play to win in that.

I see post asking for all sorts of vanity items, yet when a Vanity item is offered as is these Skins, certain people go of the rails about it.

People accuse it of wasting resources, but the business plan and sales of Skin DLC would have actually meant they could employ more resource, they have already stated that the resource for skins does not hinder in any way current developments or bug fixes. The way I see it is they have additional resource based on Skin packs, and I’m pretty sure that resource is working on other stuff in between skins, so in effect it’s a benefit to have more resource, not a negative.

If your view is you don’t get a Character Creation option because they want to sell skins, well that may be the case, it may also be to do with how easy or effective such a feature would be to actually implement, either way, it’s their game, they put it out, they are the ones who can decide in what manner, just because you bought it gives you no right to expect anything other than what they have offered.

For me, if the skins look interesting and I want a change of character look, I will buy them, if they are not… I won’t, but it won’t be for any other reason than I don’t fancy that skin pack, I don’t need to wrap it up with any other self justifying unrelated vitriol.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvenWolf View Post
    The Game is half the cost of most console titles, the DLC’s are a couple of Bucks.

It’s fine if you don’t want it, no one is forcing you to buy them but no need to diss others who do purchase it.
    Silvenwolf is right. I 100% agree.
    Remember another game - Minecraft - did the same thing for just plain textures and no one complained.
    For the price you have full 3D models in 7DTD.

I also see another point.
    So do you enjoy playing the game ?
    If so, why not say "thank you" to devs buying their DLC, giving them a few bucks so they can eat a few more pizzas and correct the bugs in a more comfortable way ?

I'm still enjoying the game, bought the DLC in order to support you, as always.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by irjvik; 10-22-2016 at 05:56 AM.

Refugee
    I want a Adolf Skin Pack with Göbbels, Himmler, Eva and Blondi haha. No way damn DLCs. I quit the Game to, to less info about news for me. Thake a huge pice from "The Forest" this is what a Game should looks like. So mutch animals and cool lokations but ur only doing nothing usefull. this was you choise, im not the only one that leave you, think about it. Bye bye

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all!

The Detention Squad DLC is up in the stores today. It contains some new skins ...
    -------------
    Please note:
    - The DLC is cosmetic only.
    - The DLC team are different to the Bugs and Issues team. No bug fixing is hindered in any way by the release of DLC, it is planned well in advance.
    NOT to Clare personally (!) :

Really ? Another pointless Skin-Pack ?? Are you kidding ???
    Is it dull to parts of the team?
    The last thing we - the players/buyers of 7D2D - need, are more playerskins !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Haradis
    I want a Adolf Skin Pack with Göbbels, Himmler, Eva and Blondi haha.
    lol, that would be funny Some "political incorrect" content like in the Postal-Games ...

Scavenger
    I don't mind the DLCs they are overly expensive and while I don't get the customization I would like for my character I like switching from different characters. This is also a way to support 7DTD and the Fun Pimps. Keep them coming

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by dustipher View Post
    Agree. These skins are so incredibly pointless when you cannot even look at your character in 3rd person. I can't see why anyone would willingly pay for them. I.M.O. just a complete waste of development time. I mean seriously, how many of these skin packs are expected to sell?

Bring out a limited edition chopper-style bike or even better a trike or quad bike for like $5-8, then I'd consider getting my wallet out as I'm sure would many other players.

I just can't make sense of this as a business decision.. Have the boffins who are making these decisions to develop skin packs actually played the game? Skin packs aren't worth paying for if you can't view your own character. Someone please knock some sense into these fools!

I disagree with this ridiculous rant. I have purchased most of the new skin DLC as others can see you, even if you cant, really like the idea of the walking dead skins .

Keep em coming guys. well worth a few quid for new characters