Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [10/18] Detention Squad DLC

[10/18] Detention Squad DLC

Hi all!

The Detention Squad DLC is up in the stores today. It contains some new skins which I hope to have images up of by the end of the day so you guys can see what they look like.

From the store description:

Customize your character with the, like, totally rad skins from The Detention Squad! Knock some screws loose as the wicked: Brock, Cheyenne, Francis, Jen, Latasha, Raven, Clayton, Yumako and Joey!

-------------

Please note:
    - The DLC is cosmetic only.
    - The DLC team are different to the Bugs and Issues team. No bug fixing is hindered in any way by the release of DLC, it is planned well in advance.
    - Do NOT post any bug reports below, they will not be addressed here, go to the Console Bug Reports section.
    - Please stay on topic if commenting, before you ask I do not have info on A15, Patch 5 or any of the other fixes for issues yet. When I do, I will share it.

Refugee
    1st....... (say something good) TURDS!!!!
    Anyway, no more skins please they dont really make the game anymore fun would like anything else to do with in game im dieing to throw my cash at you guy take my money but please i would pay for anything but skins anything even more building stuff , vehicles, weapons ect, but not skins

Hunter
    Agree. These skins are so incredibly pointless when you cannot even look at your character in 3rd person. I can't see why anyone would willingly pay for them. I.M.O. just a complete waste of development time. I mean seriously, how many of these skin packs are expected to sell?

Bring out a limited edition chopper-style bike or even better a trike or quad bike for like $5-8, then I'd consider getting my wallet out as I'm sure would many other players.

I just can't make sense of this as a business decision.. Have the boffins who are making these decisions to develop skin packs actually played the game? Skin packs aren't worth paying for if you can't view your own character. Someone please knock some sense into these fools!

Zombie Hunter
    Simple solution, ZOMBIE SKINS. But being salty on these forums isn't going to speed anything up.

Quote Originally Posted by dustipher View Post
    Agree. These skins are so incredibly pointless when you cannot even look at your character in 3rd person. I can't see why anyone would willingly pay for them. I.M.O. just a complete waste of development time. I mean seriously, how many of these skin packs are expected to sell?

Bring out a limited edition chopper-style bike or even better a trike or quad bike for like $5-8, then I'd consider getting my wallet out as I'm sure would many other players.

I just can't make sense of this as a business decision.. Have the boffins who are making these decisions to develop skin packs actually played the game? Skin packs aren't worth paying for if you can't view your own character. Someone please knock some sense into these fools!

Its just a game, no need to get all wound up over it....... no one is making you buy them and it does not hinder the current development and bug fix teams so no harm done.

Scavenger
    I am fairly certain they know their game is an FPS.

I am betting the skins are for people to show off in multiplayer.

I am damn near positive multiplayer is crippled.

I imagine they will sell more skin packs when the multiplayer patch releases.

I agree other items besides skins could be interesting.

Tracker
    Hmmm did you exclude character customization to sell skins? We DO want character customization, like pc has, on console, there is no reason to not have it. Especially with the new simplified sliders. It has always baffled me why we didn't get this on launch, it has been in the game for a VERY long time, far before the new sliders even

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by WynonaStealth View Post
    Hmmm did you exclude character customization to sell skins? We DO want character customization, like pc has, on console, there is no reason to not have it. Especially with the new simplified sliders. It has always baffled me why we didn't get this on launch, it has been in the game for a VERY long time, far before the new sliders even
    Lol i bet that side of the team just sits around pushing sliders & after a month is like "hey guys, new skins " Not adding character customizations on the consoles was just a business decision from TT while i also bet the option was there from TFP

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvenWolf View Post
    Its just a game, no need to get all wound up over it....... no one is making you buy them and it does not hinder the current development and bug fix teams so no harm done.
    I thought my post was pretty tame tbh. I'm not wound up, I just don't get the logic behind releasing these DLC skin packs, as stated :/

'no one is making you buy them' - well duh, but who is actually going to buy them? 0.5% of players? I'm guessing more like 0.01%. Surely a better model for DLC releases could be worked with, where players acually go 'oh yeah, that is gonna be awesome', rather than, 'who the heck wants that?'.

'does not hinder the current development and bug fix teams' - apparently not, but creating and adding in these DLCs does use resource, which could surely be better utilised.

Rant over. :P

Survivor
    Why pay for skins when MP isn't working still for a lot of people. Months have passed and still no fix.

Hunter
    I agree. Unless they give us the option to play in third person, skins are pretty pointless.

Refugee
    Please don't bring more skins out... It doesn't make the game any better at all... maybe bring new weapons etc...

Scavenger
    Third person would be sweet but yea dlc weapons or vehicles would be awesome

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjadude860 View Post
    i would pay for anything but skins anything even more building stuff , vehicles, weapons ect, but not skins
    The last thing we want is them charging us money for content that should be free on all platforms! Do you want them to release A15 features as DLC too? Do you want them to exploit us? At least character skins are something optional, something you don't necessarily need to have. - Charging us money for cosmetic items is somewhat tolerable, but charging us money for actual content is where I would simply draw the line.
    Last edited by TheDinoRhino; 11-04-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Refugee
    Oh my ... Why does the Style Team not work on some important stuff? They should help to bring the game on the next level and dont bring more junky stuff like Skin Packs. No one needs more Skin Packs, we need new features, items etc ...
    Same game with more Skins this is so great, I'll buy this twenty times 😥