Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 3

Item Spec Compare Option

Madmole, can we please get a system in place to compare the specs of items (like clothing, tools, and weapons) that we find to the corresponding items that we have on our body or equipped in our hands. It could be something as simple as making the number green if the spec is higher than what we have equipped or red if it is lower. It is just kind of difficult right now to compare to see whether my level one plant clothing that I made in the first 10 min of the game is better than the level 100 shirt that I scavenged (which it is most of the time so there may also be some balancing issues there to work on.)

Keep up the good work! Thanks.

Refugee

Electricity Questions

I love the game. I had a quick question about electricity: I realize, you might not have all the details flushed out and it is a work in progress but in this first iteration of electricity will the wires cut straight through walls and terrain to power each item wired to the generator? Or will there be an option to pin the wires along the walls and ceilings so that they are not stringing all over the place and getting in the way visually?

Survivor
    Are you guys planning on adding in anymore configurable options?

Examples

• Daily Hordes. Allow us to enable daily wandering hordes without needing forges or campfires to trigger them

• Allow us to set the animal spawning. Personally speaking, I feel there are currently way too many animals spawning in the world. When I pick up my hunting rifle and head out into the forest to hunt, I want to feel like I'm actually hunting. It just lacks challenge when I'm stumbling across deers and pigs every 20 feet

• Allow us to make head shots count. Zombies should always go down after one shot to the head, even if you're using a pistol. This option would go perfectly with daily hordes

Please Note: This question/suggestion is for consoles in particular, but I believe these options would also make a welcome addition to PC too!
    Last edited by Roland; 10-21-2016 at 03:41 AM.

Refugee
    Hey Madmole,
    talking about melee improvements, do you know the game "Severance: Blade of Darkness"?
    It is a pretty old game, but it had one of the best fighting mechanics out there. If you don't know it, you should take a look at it and draw some inspiration from it! Trust me, its worth it!
    Maybe you could add some features this game offers into 7dtd?

This feature to swap the day and night cycle is pretty small and easy to do. Can you maybe put this in a A15 patch instead of A16?
    Last edited by Roland; 10-21-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Still loving A15 - lots of fun!

Question: Fishing? any chance of fishing, making poles, bait (rotten flesh, berries, etc), cooking fish, smoking it, making seafood stew/combo?

Colony Founder
    How will the new cave systems affect Structural Integrity?

Seems like caves will be everywhere. What considerations have been given to the SI system? Will towns fall into the ground if we touch buildings?
    Last edited by Roland; 10-21-2016 at 03:42 AM.

Refugee
    Will we see anything being done with water physics; or how water behaves in the game?

Refugee
    MM, Will we see minibike physics in AR16?

Refugee

love the game

Question
    Can we have a fast travel to beds?
    Last edited by Roland; 10-21-2016 at 03:44 AM.

Refugee

Radios and VOIP

I was thinking, with electricity now being added, can we see radios added into the game and maybe a radio station ala fallout and then have voip which can only be heard if you're near the player(EAVESDROPPING) and radio channels for broadcasting(be your own DJ)?

Suggestion
    Makes me think of a new mode added with it HUNT THE DJ, where players hunt down a dj, then the killer fills the spot (and play's their own terrible music auto broadcast to everyone) and the other players hunt them down so they can take over and play their own terrible music. maybe the Dj enthralls zombies to help defend them but must keep the broadcast going(play a 5 min song, quickly upgrade defenses).

Naturally i don;t think this would come in A16, but maybe A17 if it's a 6 month build, tho I've heard coding in voip is hell :/ so maybe post release or 7td2 if core framework needs to be done.
    OFC basic radio objects can be added for some variety(and electric parts in A16)
    Last edited by Roland; 10-21-2016 at 03:47 AM.

Scavenger

Pitch

With talks here and there about fire, what about the idea of being able to make pitch to place on the ground. It would give good use for flaming arrows to be able to ignite a large group of zombies.

Tracker
    Hey MM.

I wanted to ask if there are future plans to make the zoom on sniper rifles better. The magnification is like 1x so it doesn't let you see the target closer like a real scope would. Perhaps a variable zoom scope.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Question: Will breadcrumbs be omnipresent?

You once compared breadcrumbs to leaving behind a scent. Right now there's a risk versus reward to carrying smelly food: put the food away and the zombies can't smell you. Similarly, will there be something players can do to stop dropping breadcrumbs? Or will all zombies have this 'breadcrumb sense' at all times?

My question is about light. Light is a resourse, a drama element and a essential element in this game. Until you get the mininghelm, than your needs are set for the rest of the game, with no real drawbacks. Any plans on dealing with this yellow "easymode"?

PS: love the game ;-)
    Last edited by SittingDuck; 10-20-2016 at 08:23 AM.