Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 4

Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 4

Questions and Answers with Madmole is back and we have some nice cushy seats all reserved for you on the Alpha 16 hype train. Madmole will answer these questions in a future video.

Rules

1) One question per person. Period. Additional questions will be deleted so ask your best one first if you plan to be a rule breaker.

2) Please do not answer anyone else's question. This is not a discussion thread. Simply ask your question, step to the left, and receive your soup.

3) Keep the questions focused on Alpha 16 or on "behind the scenes" development curiosity.

4) Watch past Q&A videos and read the current thread and do not post duplicate questions. Questions that have been asked and answered will be moved to the already answered thread.

Past Q&A Videos

Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 1 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 2 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 3 Video

And Finally....

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?
    A: When it's done.
    Last edited by Roland; 10-24-2016 at 04:52 AM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Horde Mode. Surprise #3 perhaps?

Colony Founder
    With the new zip line and electricity systems... What about traveling up? Chair lift? Elevators? Catapult? ��
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Will the machete be craftable?

With the new blade trap you had drawn, does this mean the machete will be getting a recipe, or is it just gonna increase in availability of those sold by vendors?
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Survivor
    how about adding one of these ?? reel-push-mower.jpg

Refugee
    Hey Madmole love the game and cannot wait for ziplines and A16!

My question: I know you have said water updates are a while off, I just wanted to get your opinion on the idea of a water zombie. My pitch is to have a fisherman zombie wearing a life jacket, spawning at water POI's (when implemented) that is able to float on the surface of the water. Do you like this idea or plan to add in any water specific zombies in the future?

Will we ever be able to add extra biomes in? Currently the game crashes if you try to add new ones in, so we're limited to editing the already existing biomes. (Eg/ we once made a biome with no upper dirt layers for example, and it looked cool but had to "replace" one of the forest biomes for it).

PS: Roland edited my last Q&A post to make a neo-metricated jab... hehe. This is the danger in fans turned moderators - you give 'em a centimeter, and they'll take a kilometer. But it's ok, he really goes the whole 8.2296 meters on his forum moderating. :-)
    Last edited by OzHawkeye; 10-24-2016 at 07:33 AM.

Ranger
    Maybe an alternative to solar panels is wind turbines?

With electricity coming in A16, will the elevator that's in the creative menu be added officially as something we can craft and place? (Block# 1587 in current Build)

Keep up the good work, I just hit 1700 Hours into this game
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Question

Will ladders be worked on and improved at some point? It would be nice to be able to have a full upgrade path for the ladders from wood, to scrap metal, to steel, to stainless and it would also be very very nice to have the the bottom portion of ladders retractable.

Suggestion
    Currently if you build a tree fort to take shelter overnight while traveling you have to destroy your ladder, or at least the bottom half, so that zombies cant crawl up into your base. It would be nice to be able to retract the bottom two upwards like a door or a gate so that they slide up like those ladders on fire escapes.

Love the direction you are going with the game. Love the new features and thank you for fixing the bone structure of the new bear, He now looks awesome.

Thanks to the fun Pimps for such an endless and amazing game.
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Scavenger
    Hey Madmole!

About the bow, how about instead of having a zoom function, make it so you can melee with it to stun the zombies if they come too close to you.

Absolutely love the work you and your team have put into the game!
    Keep it up <3

Wink Detective

Yo Madmole. Really exited over A16 already.

Will there ever be some sort of "detective" system that let's you more or less find out who broke into your base so that when bounties are in we know who to create a bounty for?

The reason i am asking this is due to the camera you showed in the previous video.
    Would it be possible to bind these cameras to trigger when, for example a door, is destroyed. So that the player/entity who are inside of its vision will be "caught" on a picture or something (Not a picture literally, but it will register who/what it was who broke it) and you could then check it out the next time you join the server again. (The info the camera collects would be deleted after 24 hours maybe?)

Wish i could ask more questions, i guess it will have to wait until the next Q/A. Hope you read this =)
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 07:09 PM.

Support of Cyrillic alphabet and Russian language

Hi, MM, I love this game!

My question: Will you add the Cyrillic alphabet in alpha 16 in UIAtlas.tex and the Font Atlas.tex to be able to add Russian language? (I'll provide the translation).

Note: the game has a very large Russian community, so it would be nice to see at least the possibility of implementing custom translations without changing the archives of the game.
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 07:10 PM. Reason: One question

Question:

Is the Cloth Armor getting an Overhaul in A16 or later? All the other armors in the game and clothes look very good, but it feels that the cloth armor is still using old assets and does not really fit the characters, it looks clunky at best.

Tracker
    Question:

Following other similar games would 7D2D get Sci-Fi or Tech tier? (current: wood, stone, metal, electricity, tech?..)

Expansion or future Dlc? All hail the mighty "Jetpack"!