Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 4

Refugee

Zombies grabbing player

Hello MM! Thank you very much for your and the teams' work. Me and my friends enjoy your game very much.

For now zombies are only hitting the player. Are you thinking of adding a grabbing type zombie or adding a chance for current zombies to grab a player when they are close? Someone asked you about long reach melee weapons in a previous Q&A. You said it is an interesting idea. The zombies could grab those and pull the player closer or down if he/she is on higher ground.

Hi MM

Any nearer implementing different sized player backpacks / bags for progression in the ability to carry items?

Question for ya

Hey MM you beardiful man, thanks for the work done on the game so far.

I was wondering if you folks could add a save feature for non-public servers so we don't have to keep track of IPs in notepad.

Thanks!

-ljh

With electricity coming, what are your thoughts on an automatic arrow/bolt turret thing?

I know the regular gun turrets you have spoke about but havent heard about arrow ones. Thanks for the awesome game and loving all of what I'm seeing so far. Keep up the good work TFP.

Refugee
    Hi Madmole

Loving alpha 15 cant wait for lock picking.

My question is will you be adding any more co op mechanics to the game? I know right now you can bandage/splint other players. But the healing they receive is based of their medicine skill level instead of the healer.

Two seater mini bikes would also be cool

Scavenger
    With the addition of cave systems do you think it would be possible to get a way to map the cave system. Like you have 2 maps one for ground level and one for underground.
    Last edited by Iamdahpawnzer; 10-24-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Refugee

The Future of 7 Days

Question: What do the funpimps consider to be one of the finishing and gamedefining updates before leaving Alpha?

Some Blabla: Im impressed how you stand up for your game and take on all the badmouthing, while your baby is still being worked on. I never imagend electricity being added to 7 days to die, so heads up, the game is getting better by the day.

Survivor
    Howdy Madmole,do you plan on adding some sound modding support,like being able to change menu music and biome sounds,and if yes,could you release old biome sounds like a "pack"?

Refugee

Timers

With the introduction of electricity i was think having timers would be a pretty cool idea. You trigger devices (ie. motion senor/ pressure plate) would start the timer then after a set period of time it would set off the device. Just a thought.

Great game happy to see what you will come up with next.

D

hey mm

me and my wife brothers and sister play the game almost every night.and love it

my question is wil there ever be maps you can find for randomgen. not a map that shows you the complete map. but one that when you find it .shows you a part of the map. so you have to go to the diffent areas to get you map complete.

AOE Punching grass

-Question-
    Will we ever have a perk that applies an area of effect to clearing grass. Where you punch one grass after getting the perk an it clears the grass within a certain radius. The radius could be small so it just hits 2-3 extra grass around the one you hit. Would need a certain athletic level to buy, could even call it "Chuck Norris Lawn-care" lol.

-Thanks-
    Just wanted to thank you for such an awesome game. An also thanks for those let's plays you did for alpha 15, it really got me through the wait. Was fun watching you play it, hope you do the same for alpha 16 once it gets to that point.
    Last edited by RevokedLife; 10-24-2016 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Made it more clear to understand how big a radius I meant.

MM,

Can we get vending machines to drop their loot when destroyed. I don't plan to carry quarters around in a zombie apocalypse when I can just smash the machine. The downside to destroying the machine is that it is then gone forever.

Refugee
    Will feathers get new recipe(s), or should we use it as combustion fuel?

In late game, I go for guns and ammo, and I don't know what to do with all the feathers.

Can we get a quick way to equip your fists? Currently there does not seem to be a way to equip your fists without a blank spot on the tool belt and it cannot be done with a completely full inventory. Can we get a spot to the left of the tool belt reserved for your fists so you can mouse wheel to it or press "0" to go directly to it?

Refugee

Horde Day Display

Hey MadMole. Love the game and love these Q&A videos. Thanks for taking the time.

QUESTION:
    When playing single-player, the day count stays low and it's easy to tell which day is horde day. However, when playing on a server with friends (Currently on day 350+) it becomes difficult to know which day is horde day. Would it be possible to put some kind of notifier for horde day in A16? Maybe something like making the day and time text red instead of white on horde day?

Having a blast with A15!

As a math teacher this post offends me but you can ask it anyway. -- Roland
    Last edited by Roland; 10-25-2016 at 07:18 PM.