Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 5

Hey MM, my brothers and I love the game and play PVE. We like the scary nights and the new mining system makes it easier to dig out a cave and keep the iron up in the forge although there doesn't seem to be any risk from collapsing blocks. My question is that since we have cords for ziplines how about the ability to rappel in order to get down the sides of canyons or deep caves and to escape from night walkers?

160510_gma_holmes_2b_0841_16x9_992.jpgmoaning-cavern.jpg

Original text:

Spoiler: 
    Hey MM love the game love played PVE with my brothers and scary in the night's making a cave to keep the iron up in forge is very easy now, come in to mind crumbing or collapse by mining in caves without care. I saw in your video from YouTube the new's implemented and this is a mine, it would be nice to see ! rappel ! implemented with ropes or some type of the cord's, come from you fast traveling Zip and the new caves implemented, like the idea : canyon descending in the night's escaping from night walkers. sorry my English have good day
    Last edited by Roland; 11-03-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: clarifying? PM me if it seems wrong.

Hi Mad Mole,

Q. Could we please get upgrade paths for shingles peak and wedge tips blocks?

Why: When upgrading poi's, those blocks cannot be upgraded, resulting in two shingles strips among wood>iron>concrete>steel>stainless. the most notable example of this is the 2-story cabin POI with the forge in it. (these block styles are also not available in other materials types for the most part either.)

Please and thank you.

Hey MM, Loving the q&a's as much as the game. I play on XB1, but follow pc updates because I'm jealous...

My question for you: What method of killing another player always makes you chuckle inside?

I personally LOVE catching my wife off-guard with an explosive bolt, or pipe bomb. Makes me laugh every time.

lol....couch-sleepers anonymous...

--Roland
    Last edited by Roland; 11-03-2016 at 06:19 PM.

Refugee

7 days out of Alpha

I think you accidentally skipped my question the last time.

Question: What do the funpimps consider to be one of the finishing touches before leaving alpha?
    What might be the last huge update 7 days recieves before leaving alpha?

Hi MM, Love your game, got over 2650 hours played.

This be my first question ever so I keep it brief.

Question: Regarding to electricity, what are your thoughts on "water trench traps", digging a trench, fill with water, and hang in electric wires in them to fry all who step in, or would this not be a possibility as it means a lot of coding towards the water block to recognize electricity?

Thanks, loving all you and your team does,
    greetings from the Netherlands!

p.s: @Roland, thank you for notifying me!

Back in Q&A #3 you said that you had already talked about my question....I re-watched it 3 times to be sure...you actually didn't.
    In the future will we be getting recipes for either a battery or rechargeable battery since their demand is going to increase?

Reconstructionist
    Right now, a fully enclosed room is uncomfortably dark even with lights placed on every single ceiling tile (I tried all the ceiling light types I could make). The only solution is to use a mining helmet when inside at all times.

Are there any plans to increase the brightness and area of illumination of player-made light sources?

Pass through 1 block

Can you please add back in being able to get through a 1-block gap?

That'd be so damn nice, and considering the game got so damn difficulty level i think it won't ruin it,thank you!
    Last edited by Roland; 11-03-2016 at 06:23 PM. Reason: +1 from Roland....

Refugee
    oi whad up mm my man,

I was wondering if you plan to include some sort of "order" system for traders. So that you could, for example, order the calipers which are a really rare items to find for a rather high price. I know this would have to be more thought out and tweaked accordingly as not to be overpowered, but cutting down on RNG is always a good design choice.

That way, if you're out spending time searching for calipers long enough, and the RNGods aren't good to you, you could eventually just sell the loot you found while searching to have (a rather substantial amount of) money for the trader, who'd "get someone to find it for you", a.k.a just make it appear in his inventory after perhaps a day or two.

Side note:
    I really love your whole teams approach to the game, I really feel like you spend a lot of time playing the game and cutting down on whatever game design flaws you can find yourself. It really feels like it's a passion project. I really appreciate it and love that 'philosophy'. Design-wise, you're just doing so many things right, in such ways that make the game as enjoyable as possible. 7DTD has proven to be a lot of fun co-oping with my brother, and I'd like to sincerely thank you for that. Cheers!

Scavenger
    Madmole, thanks for doing these!

My question is this: as a console player I enjoy the tweaks PC is getting. With electricity inbound, are there plans to have electric/automatic doors? With say a pressure plate that can be walked/driven over and a gate will open for you then close when you hit another pressure plate.

Hello Madmole,

With the up coming improvements with electricity... Will this give Ovens functionality and possibly move campfires to the primitive class of the game ( aka only being able to cook charred and/or grilled meat on a campfire only... canned water?) Meaning Things crafted with the beaker will be done at the chemistry station only? thoughts?

Refugee
    heya MM and everyone else at TFP

i don't have much of a question, cause most of the stuff in game is great already, and what's coming is even better : D
    but i wanted to ask if it might be possible to upgrade our minibikes a bit more as time goes on
    something like, adding a shopping cart to the back instead of a basket for more storage space, adding some armor to the bike to protect its components, maybe adding spikes to the front to damage zombies (me and my friends love running zombies and such over with bikes x3)

Survivor
    Hi madmole thanks for all the great work you and your team do!

My question is will we see more large doors designs? You mentioned in the past you had some more coming was just wondering what those might be? I would kill for a large bank/fallout circular vault door. Thanks again

Scavenger
    Hi MM,

It's become too easy to entirely avoid hordes on blood moon nights, simple things such as sitting on top of a POI building with cloth/wood awnings can prevent a horde from ever reaching you, or breaking the bottom ladder/stairs trick. I know AI improvements are planned, but in the interim, would you consider allowing spider zombies to break blocks as they are climbing? Every other zombie can break blocks, why shouldn't spider zombies be able to break blocks as they climb? This way, at least the spiders could reach players as we camp out on the tops of buildings.

Thanks!

Refugee
    Hi MM

What about animal traps ?
    Last edited by Roland; 11-03-2016 at 06:27 PM. Reason: one question not five...