Thread: Encounter Triggers

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar

Encounter Triggers

So, encounter triggers. What are they and why don't we have them yet?

I envision a claim block type system, where you can add a meta tag to any block that would make it "trigger" a zombie group, if in its claim area. This is how I would do prefab sleepers; that way the entity isn't in the building, it instead gets triggered.

It would also allow us as prefabbers to create encounter triggers that fire off more than once. Just saying.

Yes, I'd like to see something similar to that as well. But you needn't limit it to zombies, it could trigger a block removal (in turn triggering an avalanche), it could trigger lights, it could trigger animals, hell, just about anything.

You could make some really interesting stuff with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    So, encounter triggers. What are they and why don't we have them yet?

I envision a claim block type system, where you can add a meta tag to any block that would make it "trigger" a zombie group, if in its claim area. This is how I would do prefab sleepers; that way the entity isn't in the building, it instead gets triggered.

It would also allow us as prefabbers to create encounter triggers that fire off more than once. Just saying.
    This is sort of possible now using the spawntrader (or is it traderspawn?) block. I have it place a zombie instead of a trader. Not sure it could spawn more than one, though. Maybe use multiple in a prefab?

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Walking-Dad View Post
    This is sort of possible now using the spawntrader (or is it traderspawn?) block. I have it place a zombie instead of a trader. Not sure it could spawn more than one, though. Maybe use multiple in a prefab?
    WOW DAMN YOU!!! This fixes everything, this fixes everything I've ever done! Joke, but one particular thing I couldn't simply perform cleanly was spawn a supply crate randomly like loot containers/biome "decorations". This is perfect for that. Thanks for telling.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Interesting. Definitely will have to check that block out. Anyone confirm it works multiple times? Given the trader bug, I think not.

Survivor
    Nah. In fact, it doesn't work at all if you place it yourself. I guess it's because it's simply coded to only spawn anything at world init.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Nah. In fact, it doesn't work at all if you place it yourself. I guess it's because it's simply coded to only spawn anything at world init.
    That's a shame. I killed the trader-zombie just a few game-hours ago, but if he respawns at any time I'll let you guys know.

Oh, what about changing the block to give it a cyclical grow time? That might trigger a respawn (though this is purely guessing).
    Last edited by The-Walking-Dad; 11-01-2016 at 06:47 PM.