Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer and ISP changes

Multiplayer and ISP changes

Hi there,

So I've seen a few people on here mentioning that some players were able to get onto multiplayer after changing their ISP.

I was wondering if this happened to you, who you were with, who you changed to and what country you are in?
    (or if you saw the original post, as I appear to have missed it, could you link me to it?)

Out of curiousity, if you are having Multiplayer issues, what ISP are you with?
    Are many of you using BT HH5? or do you have multiple XBL accounts connecting to your internet?

Thanks,
    Clare
    Last edited by Clare; 11-01-2016 at 04:32 PM.

I remember making a comment about upload speeds of the people with problems and that it may be ISP problems a while back in the survey. Had myself a little chuckle when it turned out to be true for some people.

Survivor
    I highly doubt it's the ISP, It could be a Nat type error as that has stopped me from being able to communicate with players before. Internet is internet the only things different is type e.g fiber optic, and the bandwidth provided for the subscription you have. You can change Nat type to open in the setting of your router by entering your IP adress in the address bar in browser, you may have to contact your ISP to get the needed settings. Upload speed is alot to do with it but if I can join a world where the host upload speed can be as low as 1.4mbs and stay in the game with no to very rare disconnects I think it's a permissions issue.
    Last edited by Dopest_Gorilla88; 11-01-2016 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopest_Gorilla88 View Post
    I highly doubt it's the ISP, It could be a Nat type error as that has stopped me from being able to communicate with players before. Internet is internet the only things different is type e.g fiber optic, and the bandwidth provided for the subscription you have. You can change Nat type to open in the setting of your router by entering your IP adress in the address bar in browser, you may have to contact your ISP to get the needed settings. Upload speed is alot to do with it but if I can join a world where the host upload speed can be as low as 1.4mbs and stay in the game with no to very rare disconnects I think it's a permissions issue.
    The only relation to ISP could be in common hardware.

Brighthouse here in Central Florida commonly uses 2 modem/routers. An Arris or Motorola. For EVER the Arris failed with NAT, and the Motorola was great. As of August the docsis3 stuff started rolling out, and they changed the firmware of the Motorolas to be Arris. All of a sudden, their techs were having TONS of calls about disconnects, which were either due to UPnP in the Arris settings, or the firmware update hosed the Motorola for lack of a more technical term.

This firmware issue resulted in a lot of chatter, that would build up and cause the Motorola (now an Arris) to flush, and try to pick up where it left off. Basically a bunch of packets getting lost and not resent. Too much of that going on and you will have sync or connection issues with games like this.

For me and my friends here, since removing their router/modem combo and using only their modem with my router, I have had 100% less occurrences of the game crashing with the not connected error, but still chatting in XBox Live Party.

So, knowing what ISP you were on when you had issues, and what ISP you are on now without problems may give insight on any common hardware patterns, just maybe.

Sort of why I assume she listed the HH5 as it was known for a while as having NAT issues, and Ive seen people mention it in threads here as their router.

So I can totally see why they (TTG) would want to know more on this. At least they seem to still be actively interested in finding a resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopest_Gorilla88 View Post
    While this may be the case, we want to make sure we investigate all areas.

The minimum upload speed for 2 player is around 1mbs, up to 2mbs if you have 4 players. Open NAT types are best for hosts and clients, but clients may still be able to connect with Moderate and strict.

Clare

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Platypusmuerte View Post
    The only relation to ISP could be in common hardware.

Brighthouse here in Central Florida commonly uses 2 modem/routers. An Arris or Motorola. For EVER the Arris failed with NAT, and the Motorola was great. As of August the docsis3 stuff started rolling out, and they changed the firmware of the Motorolas to be Arris. All of a sudden, their techs were having TONS of calls about disconnects, which were either due to UPnP in the Arris settings, or the firmware update hosed the Motorola for lack of a more technical term.

This firmware issue resulted in a lot of chatter, that would build up and cause the Motorola (now an Arris) to flush, and try to pick up where it left off. Basically a bunch of packets getting lost and not resent. Too much of that going on and you will have sync or connection issues with games like this.

For me and my friends here, since removing their router/modem combo and using only their modem with my router, I have had 100% less occurrences of the game crashing with the not connected error, but still chatting in XBox Live Party.

So, knowing what ISP you were on when you had issues, and what ISP you are on now without problems may give insight on any common hardware patterns, just maybe.

Sort of why I assume she listed the HH5 as it was known for a while as having NAT issues, and Ive seen people mention it in threads here as their router.

So I can totally see why they (TTG) would want to know more on this. At least they seem to still be actively interested in finding a resolution.
    Exactly this Platy, I am curious to see if there's a common thread out there among players hardware as a lot of players who set NAT to open etc, still have issues.

Banned
    I was booted out of a muiltplayer game the other night and I was the only one in. NAT open.

But since I recently got my ps4 to play this game, my noobness is real. Maybe my settings are fudged, because I just got a Belkin repeater setup right next to the console.

My friends got me into Rocket League too, and multiplayer is slow there too, but not as much.

Slowly I'm learning that spending twice as much for a gaming pc would have saved me a ton of trouble.

Zombie Hunter
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...r-fix&p=530727

This was one of the threads, there was another talking about the hardware associated with ISP as the problem, but I am not finding it.

Thanks IBKillingfools! I appreciate you taking the time to root that out and link me to it, I'll keep an eye out for the other thread too.

Clare

Refugee
    I can't connect. I'm with BT and using HH5

Thanks for letting me know that Cjm92.
    Just to double check, your Nat is Open and your up an down speeds are ok?
    Is there more than one XBL connection on the HH5?

Clare

Refugee
    No problem! Yup Nat is open and download speed is 50 upload 12. Only the one XBL connection

I have not had problems but thought the info might come in handy for comparison.

I have TWC and 50/5 mbps.

I usually get around 35-45/2-3 on the test thing.

I am on PS4.

Only one console connects to internet.

My console is wired not wireless.

There is usually 3 phones connected to the wifi. Also a roku but it is only sometimes streaming.

Nat is Nat 2 but that is only because its through a router and not directly to the modem.

Can host perfectly fine though with it as far as any Ive ever hosted.

Thank you very much Eddy, it's good to have a control as well!

And thanks again Cjm92, shall pass that onto the team.

Clare

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Thank you very much Eddy, it's good to have a control as well!

And thanks again Cjm92, shall pass that onto the team.

Clare
    Your welcome. My thoughts exactly. :-/. Eliminating what works sometimes helps narrow down the problem.

Survivor
    On PS4, 40mbs minimum download 20-30 upload, on Sky fibre unlimited. Not had problems hosting or joining since last patch.