Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Multiplayer and ISP changes

Refugee
    I am also with BT using the Home Hub 5 and unfortunately I am experiencing the same connection issues regarding multiplayer on 7D2D.

Network statistics (According to BT HH5)
    Downstream: 53.65 Mbps
    Upstream: 9.765 Mbps

Network statistics (according to the console)
    Download: 43.21 Mbps
    Upload: 9.00 Mbps
    Packet loss: 0%
    MTU: 1480
    Latency: 151 ms
    Wireless strength: 88%

Console: Xbox One (Only console connected to HH5) - Wireless
    Nat Type: Open

Problems I am facing:
    I can host games and invite my friends, however moments later they are kicked out of the game.
    When I join any game, it will disconnect me after about 2 minutes of attempting to load into the game.

*Not sure if half of this information is helpful nor necessary but hope it helps.*
    If you need anymore information, let me know. I would be more than happy to help.

Thank you Miracle, every piece of info is vital as sometimes solutions can pop up in the strangest places.

Refugee

The homehub seems to be the problem

I've been unable to play since i multiplayer since i bought the game around 2 weeks ago. I was using a bt homehub 4 up until today when i switched to a d-link ac1750 and now i can play multiplayer.

Scavenger
    Not too sure, all I know is its been impossible to play Multiplayer with any of my friends since....Sep?

Whenever patch 3 was or so, the one that mad everything super dark and the mining helmet look weird.

Ever since that patch, all 3 of my friends and myself cannot play.

Either get kicked after 3-8 min, or no one can open any containers/do anything after about 5 min (cant interact with other players or be seen, essentially they are not there)

Kind of gave up on the game to be honest, saw a post on reddit and thought maybe I would chime in, but not holding my breath.....been at least 4 or 5 months, I think most have moved on tbh. (everyone I know having this issue has stopped playing, except one friend who plays split screen)

This is for X box one

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope499 View Post
    Not too sure, all I know is its been impossible to play Multiplayer with any of my friends since....Sep?

Whenever patch 3 was or so, the one that mad everything super dark and the mining helmet look weird.

Ever since that patch, all 3 of my friends and myself cannot play.

Either get kicked after 3-8 min, or no one can open any containers/do anything after about 5 min (cant interact with other players or be seen, essentially they are not there)

Kind of gave up on the game to be honest, saw a post on reddit and thought maybe I would chime in, but not holding my breath.....been at least 4 or 5 months, I think most have moved on tbh. (everyone I know having this issue has stopped playing, except one friend who plays split screen)

This is for X box one
    My girlfriend has a BT hub and she to had gave up she doesnt enjoy playing solo we both bought it because of the multiplayer side of it its a joke it hasnt been sorted by now

Refugee

NAT type

Hi,
    Just a note to all you looking at possible problems for connection issues.

NAT type open.

I'm in New Zealand and the ISP's here typically will not allow a connection at all if your NAT open.

Well I tried to change mine to open just in case it was a problem that was causing a friend to not connect to my session.

Turns out I absolutely cannot even create an open NAT connection through my modem.

So this shouldn't be an option to fix any issue because if I can't change my NAT type in a typical domestic connection then there is probably alot of other internet users around the world that cannot either.

I use the only company offered in my county, the state i live in is weird af. Anyways the ISP is called "Armstrong." (also known as ZOOM) I have hit or misses on multi-player depending on the day. I have a Tech coming out today to look at my modem, and perhaps bring me a new one cause I have been having random drops. Will update to say whether or not a new modem from this company helps on multi-player or not.

====EDIT====
    Company: Armstrong (Zoom Internet)
    And yes my NAT type is always open,
    and after running a speed test i'm averaging about
    53 mb/ps downloadspeed
    2 mb/ps upload
    24ms ping
    Last edited by J2dank; 06-15-2017 at 01:54 PM. Reason: it was a jumbled mess orginally

Tracker
    I can join a mutiplayer game and i can play my own online mutiplayer game but none of my friends can get in my online game at all. Its almost like my router doesn't allow me to act as a server for other players. I have spent hours changing settings on my router, opening ports, setting up a dmz for xbox, fixing a constant i.p for xbox, going hard wired with xbox, praying to xbox gods, singing xbox a lullaby, trying to be nice to xbox taking it out for meals and drinks and still no look lol so now i am changing my internet provider 👍

Since starting to play the game I've lived in 2 properties with 3 ISP's.
    First was Sky, 50 download, 2 upload, 150 latency - no issues joining or hosting
    Second (after moving) Vodafone home broadband, 70 download, 20 upload, 150 latency - could not join or host at all
    Third and final is TalkTalk, 60 download, 18 upload, 25 latency.

While with Vodafone, I tried every possible thing I could find online to help with Xbox online gaming and nothing worked, I then had 2 different techs try everything they could do from their end and still nothing worked. Luckily I was able to get out of the 12month contract with Vodafone due to not being able to use the internet for what I specifically told them I wanted to use it for. Literally the day I swapped ISP's I was able to play again

Tracker
    Ok whats ISP my mistake obviously internet service provider. What difference does it make changing them, how do some work and others not?
    Last edited by Rob0121; 06-16-2017 at 09:23 AM.

In my case, not even Vodafone knew, I couldn't play any peer to peer games, the techs even tried things "they wouldn't normally suggest" but nothing worked. Strange as f*** but that's also what got me out of the contract.

Tracker
    My xbox is running on IPV4 and it always says I should change to IPV6 but does any tec wizards here no what this means. I feel changing could help alot of us.

I think IPV6 is only available if your ISP offers it, also I think it depends on where you are, I know in the UK that most don't offer it yet. In my very limited knowledge I believe it's something to do with ip addresses, there's probably a lot more to it than that but that's about all I picked up last time I looked into it lol

Tracker
    Im in uk 😔 Oh well, al try my look with them and ring my isp

Quote Originally Posted by J2dank View Post
    I use the only company offered in my county, the state i live in is weird af. Anyways the ISP is called "Armstrong." (also known as ZOOM) I have hit or misses on multi-player depending on the day. I have a Tech coming out today to look at my modem, and perhaps bring me a new one cause I have been having random drops. Will update to say whether or not a new modem from this company helps on multi-player or not.

====EDIT====
    Company: Armstrong (Zoom Internet)
    And yes my NAT type is always open,
    and after running a speed test i'm averaging about
    53 mb/ps downloadspeed
    2 mb/ps upload
    24ms ping
    Well the new modem doesnt help much. Still getting disconnected every so often. Dont know what else to blame on my side of the fence.