Thread: "Old" recipe list; remove non-player recipes

"Old" recipe list; remove non-player recipes

Anybody know how/if we can change the player crafting recipes list to just display the ones that can be done on the player and not include all of the ones in the workbench, campfire, etc....like it used to be.

I know that you can limit the recipes in the workbench for instance:

Code:
    <property name="CraftingAreaRecipes" value="player,workbench" />
    by just eliminating the player from the CraftingAreaRecipes, but with the number of mods and recipes we have going on the server, having every single custom food recipe pulled into the player crafting menu introduces some serious lag.

Thanks for any insight y'all might have!

Worth mentioning the CraftingAreaRecipes, far as I know, doesn't really do hide any recipes from search. The moment they start searching for something it will go searching through every recipe in the game, rather than just the recipes they can actually craft at that workstation.

I'd really like to know if this is possible, also. Even if its a .dll edit.

This may be somewhat related to your cause. I have a working theory that craft time calculation adds to the latency in pulling up large recipe lists. I've been working on a mod and while it's not jam-packed with recipes or anything I started noticing increased latency the more and more I added. I started to think about it and thought about all the processes involved when pulling up the recipe list that we have control over - one of them is craft times.

By default, the game will calculate a craft time based on the materials used in the recipe using the CraftingIngredientTime property for each item involved in the items.xml. It's possible the engine does this every single time you load up a recipe list.

So what I did was remove ingredient times for all my custom items and instead assigned static recipe times in the recipes.xml instead for the majority of my custom recipes. I have personally noticed MUCH (read non-existent) lower delay as a result. Again, I don't have 100's and 100's of custom recipes at the moment like some may have, but I did have enough to where a delay was noticed and this did seem to counter it - for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor3D View Post
    This may be somewhat related to your cause. I have a working theory that craft time calculation adds to the latency in pulling up large recipe lists. I've been working on a mod and while it's not jam-packed with recipes or anything I started noticing increased latency the more and more I added. I started to think about it and thought about all the processes involved when pulling up the recipe list that we have control over - one of them is craft times.

By default, the game will calculate a craft time based on the materials used in the recipe using the CraftingIngredientTime property for each item involved in the items.xml. It's possible the engine does this every single time you load up a recipe list.

So what I did was remove ingredient times for all my custom items and instead assigned static recipe times in the recipes.xml instead for the majority of my custom recipes. I have personally noticed MUCH (read non-existent) lower delay as a result. Again, I don't have 100's and 100's of custom recipes at the moment like some may have, but I did have enough to where a delay was noticed and this did seem to counter it - for me.
    should be easy enough to test with valmod to confirm

I'll do it in a min and see if it improves

Just tested by running valmod 4.0 with all recipes set to 0.1 craft time. It still had a big chunk of lag so it may improve performance a bit but not enough to make it smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    Just tested by running valmod 4.0 with all recipes set to 0.1 craft time. It still had a big chunk of lag so it may improve performance a bit but not enough to make it smooth.
    Did you do a mass removal of all the <property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value="xxx"/> from the items.xml as well? Reason I ask is if that property is still in there, it may still be doing the unnecessary calculations while prior to loading the recipes.xml. I'll have to load up Valmod and see how many custom recipes he has compared to what I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor3D View Post
    Did you do a mass removal of all the <property name="CraftingIngredientTime" value="xxx"/> from the items.xml as well? Reason I ask is if that property is still in there, it may still be doing the unnecessary calculations while prior to loading the recipes.xml. I'll have to load up Valmod and see how many custom recipes he has compared to what I have.
    I didnt but it should be checking for the recipe having the time set and only looking at the ingredients if that attribute isnt found. There's also not that many items that have a craft time defined (79 in valmod vs 47 in vanilla).

In the dll if craft_time isnt set is assigns the value -1, which it would then give a result on a comparison that its not set when checked and go looking for the ingredients.

I'm sure it would give an improvement, but with valmod there are 875 recipes vs 484 in vanilla and it still lags out a lot, which isnt as many I thought given how bad it lags compared to vanilla when doing a search.