View Poll Results: Which of these features are you most excited about for Alpha 16?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Electricity

14 31.11%
  • Ziplines

1 2.22%
  • Sleepers and Improved Spawning

19 42.22%
  • Breadcrumb and Improved AI

11 24.44%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 6

Tracker
    How about a drawbridge 3 block wide, could really use that too.

Keep up the fantastic work.

Just past my 5200 hours in the game.

Survivor
    Hi guys thanks again for the work you all do!

My question this week is, will lockpicking other players doors and chests be allowed in multiplayer? If so it basically kills landclaim blocks and secure bases in general. Or, hopefully, is lockpicking only planned for non player placed containers/doors?

Refugee
    Will the sniper rifle get a toggle aim down sights function, like the other guns?

Simply right click one time to zoom, instead of holding the button.

Nomad
    Hey Madmole,

Thanks for the awesome game so far. Love the block selection wheel that Rust has coming to 7days it will be awesome.

Is there a plan to make higher quality shopping baskets hold more loot than lower quality ones? Doesn't seem to make sense a level 1 quality shopping basket holds the same amount as a level 600 one. I would think a poor quality one would only be able to have like 4 slots but a high quality one would hold like 30 slots with a scroll bar?

Scavenger
    For the electric fence will it use a set value of energy or will it increase per zombie on the fence at a given time?

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Hi Madmole,

When you remodel the ladders, could you also address the problem that you can only get off a ladder onto a full block? In my experience you can't dismount a ladder onto many other shapes, like terrain or catwalks, because the ladder is either too high or too low:
    ladder-on-terrain.jpg

Refugee

Question Question

Are there going to be either of these two things?
    1. Wind powered generators for electricity
    2. Bee hives for honey
    Thx and this counts as one question.

What...you think you're some kinda Jedi or something?
    I'm no weak-minded foo----

Joel, this counts as one question.

--Roland
    Last edited by Roland; 11-13-2016 at 06:15 AM.

Hello Madmole, loving what I see and hear about A16, cannot wait for the block overhaul, going to make the builder in me very happy!

(You do not need to pronounce my Nickname)

My question is about doors: Will we (at some point) be getting the mirrored versions or rotations of doors? It always bugged me that I cannot place a double door that actually looks like one, or make the mirrored door in a symmetrical building. I know moving objects are expensive, but I think aesthetically this will be worth it.

Thanks, keep it up!

Refugee

Portcullis

Hey MadMole, how you doing? Firstly a big shout out to the Fun Pimps for making such an awesome game, one of my all time favorites!
    I am a rocker of the beard also, so more beards is only a good thing
    My question is this, are you planning on adding some more doors to the game? A15 added lots of new blocks for making a kickass castle, and the drawbridge is great, but i feel the game needs at least a Portcullis or something similar. At the moment i am using the new garage door, but it just doesnt look right, and it is 3 blocks wide and the drawbridge is 4 blocks wide, not the best for my OCDs of trying to make everything symmetrical.
    Look forward to your next video and keep up the good work!
    Saynos

Why is there a hotkey (Q) to drop the active item from the hotbar?
    I can imagine no reason why I would want to drop a hotbar item during normal gameplay and in a hectic fight it is way too easy to drop and lose your weapon.

A drop hotkey while in the inventory UI makes a lot more sense.
    In first person mode the key could be re-used for... something. There are never enough keys, especially with controllers.
    Last edited by Roland; 11-15-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Refugee

HazMat Suit

Every time i want to watch an episode of "the walking dead" i type in "7days to d..." DARN Thanks Madmole.
    Love your game.

Question: Will we get a "functioning" Hazmat Suit in A16? I finally got all parts of the suit together, went to the radiation zone and died...

So, the plan is that sleepers will escalate in difficulty along with the player right? So this means we will be able to find police sleepers and feral sleepers? What about sleeping zombie dogs?

A humble greetings, Mr Madmole.

Q: I was wondering if player classes are still on the table and are being planned, or the PERK system will eliminate need for classes (Just specialize what You want to do)

Reason : When playing Valmod dead is dead style (If You Die You get banned from the server) it was very fun trying to keep our medic alive since he was the only one able to craft complex meds for my crew.

Tracker
    Hi there!
    Will you ever tune zombie spawning so that the game is consistantly spawning in zombie/bandit threats? We can currently go looting at night without a worry or heart-throb.

So i run a PvE co-op server with my friends usually around 6 online at once, and right now with Zombies set to the hardest difficulty, and zombie spawn rates set to maximum, we're finding that the actual zombie spawn rates are significantly low to the point that most of the time there is nothing to do.

Kill around 8 zombies and voila, an entire city is lootable risk-free.
    Kill a few zombies around your base and voila, there are no zombie threats in your area.

We constantly find ourselves with no zombie threats even tho we all live in the same building and are always very close together, often going over 5 full game-days without seeing any zombies. We can summon witches by turning on forges but other than that, there seems to be an almost non-existant threat to us.

Yes we are experienced players but we are certainly not pro's, even at maximum spawnrate/difficulty we just arent seeing enough zombies.
    ---

(to users, please dont tell us to create mods, it anti-progressive and this is a real complaint about the default game, we dont do mods and to add to our point: we shouldnt have to)
    Last edited by Roland; 11-13-2016 at 06:20 AM.

Refugee
    Hi Madmole,

My girlfriend and I started playing about a month ago and absolutely love the game. Thank you!

I think some player comfort/convenience features for managing inventory could really help push this game over the top. Especially if they're done in the context of player progression. Could we eventually unlock "functional backpack attachments" to make performing common tasks easier as our characters progress?

Examples:
    -A Medic Pouch that could hold 1-3, depending on quality, consumable healing items that can be consumed with a hotkey instead of opening the inventory screen or trying to scroll around on the tool-belt in an intense situation.
    -A Camelback attachment that stores a bulk amount of fluids that can be assigned a hotkey for quick consumption
    -Gun holsters that enable skipping the reload animation when trying to switch weapons after unloading a clip.

Thanks again for the game and keep up the great work!