Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 8

Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 8

Madmole will answer these questions in a future video.

Rules

1) One question per person. Period. Additional questions will be deleted so ask your best one first if you plan to be a rule breaker.

2) Please do not answer anyone else's question. This is not a discussion thread. Simply ask your question, step to the left, and receive your soup.

3) Keep the questions focused on Alpha 16 or on "behind the scenes" development curiosity.

4) Watch past Q&A videos and read the current thread and do not post duplicate questions. Questions that have been asked and answered will be moved to the already answered thread.

Past Q&A Videos

Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 1 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 2 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 3 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 4 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 5 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 6 Video
    Alpha 16 Q&A Vol 7 Video

And Finally....

Q: When is Alpha 16 going to be released?
    A: When it's done.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-06-2016 at 07:22 PM.

Refugee
    hi
    could you add block name when looking at a block which will be mined? i tend to have hard time to recognizing ores when mining with my ultra low textures and ultra low resolution settings. It could help people with low end PC's to see "Iron" or "Lead" right above the HP bar.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 06:09 AM.

Refugee
    Hi MM, I was born with a disability that doesn't allow me to speak so I cannot communicate with friends on mic, this forces me to use chat only, the problem is this game still didn't add allies-only chat, so I am forced to use the steam chat to communicate with friends privately and sometimes get killed while chatting since steam chat blacks out my screen. Will you add ingame allies-only chat as soon as possible? I have been hoping for this feature for a long time and im lossing hope.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 06:07 AM.

Tracker
    Heyho Mr. Mole,
    great job with the video and awsome progress, keep up the good work!

My question is connected to the random gen city name generation, which could be a first step for adding road signs like 'X mile/s to RandomCityName'. Have you already discussed something like that and would it be possible?

This would be a massive addition in terms of immersion as well as utility (signs at crossroads) for random gen games.
    Last edited by Hinado; 12-19-2016 at 12:32 PM.

With distant buildings coming, will there be distant lights at some point? And any chance for lights attracting zombies at night?

Greetings Mad Mole, I love this game and I always buy it for my friends who are interested. I would just like to have one more column of diversified icons to use on the map. Straight to the point.

My question is: Since A16 is about electricity. Could you make the lights fainting or blink when they're with low HP ? I think it would make a good addition to the scary environment. Perhaps something connected to the intensity at which the generator works .

Hunter
    Hi, Mad Mole
    I remember seeing a curved inside block, that can be used for archways or tunnels, in one of your A16 previews, but they seemed to only fit in 2 blocks wide passages.

The question is: could there also be composite versions(more than one block per curve, kind of like the 30/60 ramps) for 3 wide and 4 wide archways?

Thanks for the great work!

Hello madmole.

Since Alpha 15 came out, everyone's been a bit upset with the new blood moon hordes because of how much they've been nerfed. Only 8 zombies at a time is hardly a horde, and specials are so rare in these hordes they aren't even a threat to your base since they're mostly UMA zombies, stainless steel isn't even needed. Will we ever see the menacing and frightening hordes the game had in A14?

hey mm
    heres my question for the week.
    loving the new zombie models but im just wondering will u ever add in a crashed pilot zombie with some very rare crashed air drop planes?
    reason why im asking cause ive been killed by that guy 3 times in earlier builds and i want a bit of revenge. and no he didnt kill me with the airdrop he killed me with the plane itself.

BTW MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Last edited by RS_Claymore; 12-18-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Hi MM, I love the results from all the hard work you guys put into this and I really appreciate the amount of interaction you give to your fans.

For A16 I was wondering if control over the trader claimed land could be given to Admin. eg: ability to turn it on/off etc. and also the ability to spawn Traders in custom locations. Ive seen that they disappear when spawned via F6, maybe a trader spawn block or something.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 05:18 AM. Reason: one question

MM

Just wondering what advances have been made to the implementation of Compound bows, wolves and snakes?

Ouch

Coughs* Fireman Zombie* Coughs

Refugee
    Hi mm, love how the paint tool is turning out

You mentioned improvements in the combat system, with added abilities such as finishing moves (mentioned in the kickstarter video), block and power attacks. I wanted to know if these things are actually planned and if you'll get some of them in A16.

Hey Madmole, thanks to the team for helping us with our bases.

I see that you are working on textures, painting, electricity, and traps. Is there any plan to update furniture or provide us with more furniture types? For instance, are we getting bathtubs, dressers, showers, buffet tables, armoires (that spawn clothes etc), or table upgrades?

Thanks again for such an addicting game.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 07:01 PM.

Hello Madmole,

A16 is looking really good, getting Hyped, keep it up

Question: Now that you plan to remove the destroyed brick and add shapes for them instead to save texture memory, can the same not also be done for the Couches, end tables and maybe other furniture blocks? In addition to freeing more texture space it would also create the ability to customize furniture and get more nifty shapes to build with, win win win!

Hey, MM! Thanks for the latest video.

Question

Would it be possible for us to have some of these a16 updates pulled from A16 and broken down into point release updates so we got them in hand faster, instead of holding them all back for a big A16 release?

Observation

The new zombie soldier reminds me a lot of Eddie from Iron Maiden.

A16 seems to be making huge strides (and the work is greatly appreciated), but it also looks more like such a big update it'll take a lot longer to make it available than perhaps you guys anticipated.

I know a lot of these systems are interconnected, and I'm wondering if it might be better to focus on fewer things at a time instead of juggling a bunch of challenges all at once to get the updates out quicker. You have electricity, ziplines, new block, redone block texturing, updated animals, zombies, and animations, the socket system, ect.

Thats a LOT of really major changes and work that might take a lot longer to complete before its ready for public testing.

It feels a bit like you guys are so excited about all the major new improvements that the "shorter time between updates" thing is being a bit forgotten.

I'd be happy with just the socket system and rwg updates as a point release update, and I'd think that wouldn't affect the other work going on.

They could be separated as:

RWG/Socket system/World Lighting (LOVE that change, BTW)
    Updated animals
    New Zombies
    Electricity
    Block/Paint tool
    Ziplines

Happy Holidays to the team, and I wish you all great success and riches in the future!
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 05:27 AM.