Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 8

Heya Madmole! Are there any plans to add Dead Man's Gulch, the desert canyons, broken bridge, and desert POIs into random gen with A16? Making the canyon stuff it's own biome would be pretty sweet.

Hi MM, your team does wonders, keep up the good work.

In your last video you asked for texture suggestions, and since most of us like to make castles how about some more old stone castle textures? (and maybe some castle ruins POI for rand gen).

POI example: 67badc593660eb66524abacf0db946d223511cf9.jpg

I love what you guys have done with the distance rendering! Love the game!
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 06:06 AM.

Refugee

Apocalyptic POIs

Will you ever add apocalyptic POIs like abandoned quarantine checkpoints, overrunn police roadblocks and so on ?

Refugee
    Hi, MM. Thank you for answering my last question about aquatic transports)
    My next question: the game already has different buffs and debuffs that somehow affect the player. But will there ever be any medication(military development) that will temporarily increase endurance/force strike/force jump? Or it can be partially attributed to the category of mods?
    For example: some medicines will give strength, like a bear, others will give a speed like a rabbit and so on.

Sup MadMole,
    Could you please add trees in the distant terrain? It would improve the overall look of the game a lot.

Thanks bro

Hey MM,

(Name pronounced Gah me dah - just in case)

Is it possible that we could have the option to name just Hub City to what we want. Would be nice if you could have a game/server with Hub name related to your game/server....eg: Gamidaville, Gam Town, Gamtropilos, etc to make it more personal

C'mon, you know you want a Moleville or Mad Town....

Refugee

Just forget the name :) Couldn't find a phonetic generator

Hey FP and MM, greetings from Austria again! LOVE YOUR GAME!

Question: With the new block and texture system will we see an interface overhaul with all the different block variants to become one or will it still be the same as now? (e.g.: wood frame, shingle, red wood block, ...) Or will the different shapes get one like "wood block" and then the new gui you showed with ramp, full block, half block, stair, ...

Answer to the Preview question: I would like to see a feature like in minecraft where you can paint gui icons on the blocks which I use for my chest organisation because the existing ones are so few . But as this is too much work I guess I would also go with door mats (Home Sweet Home, Zombies stay out, ...)

Thank you!

Refugee
    Hi MM, greetings from Montreal. It's great too see all the love you are putting into A16!

With the new rotation system, will we be able to rotate all the centered blocks (i.e. windows, glass) so that it can be placed on the edge of a full block and vice versa? In a previous video you showed that it will be done for the iron bars.

Thanks for the awesome game.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Hagron; 12-18-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Heya MM,

Great preview vid again last week. Will we ever be able to export future versions the previewed map? This would make for great "Good seed" threads as people posted the preview output of particular seed names.

Will the bulletproof glass qualify as letting in enough light to grow crops thru, i.e. can we use it to make a greenhouse?

Hello Madmole. Really looking forward to Alpha 16(paintbrush tool especially),

My question is how hard would it be to implement clock objects in game that sync with the game clock and has the team ever considered it?

Examples being:

• Classic grandfather clock that tick tocks away and chimes on the hour(how spooky would it be for the 22:00 stinger to play while a grandfather clock chimed away in the background)
    • Digital alarm clocks that players could set alarms on. A scaled down wall mount tv with an LED looking readout would look ok here I think.
    • Big wall mounted doomsday bunker military clock that would read DD:HH:MM:SS and count down to every horde night. Again just a scaled up TV would work here too I think. I think posting these all over a military style base or underground bunker would be really cool and ramp up the tension. It would probably make a neat addition to the red mesa POI too.

Just an immersion thing that may or may not be worth the effort. I have another one to do with signs I'll save for next week,

Refugee

Lightbulb Weekly Q to MM

Hello there!

How soon shall we see an expansion for Navezgane map? As for me I would really love to see some new underground structures like sewers, tunnels, catacombs, etc.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Horde Mode?

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    It sounds like you're letting the programmer do his thing regarding improvements to RWG roads and cities. Can one of you tell us how roads will handle steep terrain such as if a town is surrounded by mountains on all sides-- how will it place roads leading out of that town?

I can see several possibilities.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 06:04 AM. Reason: adding links for visual reference

Refugee

Destruction mechanics of doors

Hey Madmole, thanks for making this awesome game!

Q: Could you please improve the destruction mechanics of doors?
    As for now zombies must annihilate the door entirely before enter into. It would be logical if the door will swing open on the last stage of destruction. And maybe even some random chance of door opening by zombies as well as the inner door bolts to eliminate that chance.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-20-2016 at 05:32 AM.