Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Known Issue] Player Reset / Wipe and Bugged Inventory

Hi Abc123,

Could you please give me as much information about the save settings this occurred on? (Sent a PM also in case this is not seen with some repetitive questions but best to keep all info together)

Thank you,
    Clare

Refugee
    What console are you playing on Xbox or PS4 Abc123?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPimpin View Post
    What console are you playing on Xbox or PS4 Abc123?
    It was on a private game on PS4.

Refugee
    My brother and I both updated to patch 7 (ps4) and started a new private game without adjusting any of the default settings. He is the host. The second time we played, my character was still intact, however, the third time, it was reset (haven't played again since, but I suspect the resetting will continue). We were having this problem before the patch, as well. Let me know if you need any other information!

Refugee

2 x PS4's version 1.10 - Still loosing client save data.

My wife and I bought this game at Christmas 2016. (1 month ago.) We played split screen local game and after day 8, we logged back in and both of our characters were reset to zero. Our base was there, but our players progress and inventory was wiped.

Last week, I bought a new PS4 pro. We started a new private MP game hosted on my PS4 and I invited my wife on her PS4. After playing through the first invasion on day 7....somewhere around day 8 or 9, we quit playing. On our next login, 2 nights ago, my wife's character was wiped but mine (the host) still had everything.

All of this happened on version 1.10 as far as I can tell.

I'm ok with loosing data the first few days, but I really hesitate to try putting even 20 in game days into a new game, for fear of loosing it all. It's very frustrating as you can imagine. I feel bad for the people who make it 100+ days before this happens.

Our experience seems to be about day 8 or 9. We have quit on day 4 and both characters are ok when we come back. Only to quit on day 8 or 9 and then have one of the characters wiped.

Thank you,

Sorry for being offtopic...
    @Zadious: Is there a visible change in gameperformance (loading times, time used to build enviroment, time used for canceling large productionqueues) with the PS4pro?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHoG View Post
    Sorry for being offtopic...
    @Zadious: Is there a visible change in gameperformance (loading times, time used to build enviroment, time used for canceling large productionqueues) with the PS4pro?
    I haven't timed it, but the PS4 pro feels faster loading the game and building the new worlds than the standard ps4. I noticed that the Pro doesn't hang as much when the other characters join the game, but I'm also basing that on Multiplayer load time versus split screen load time on the standard PS4. I need to try split screen on the pro.

I guess this is an opportunity for me to make a YT video showing each system loading a MP game plus a player. Maybe I'll find the ambition...later...lol.

Thx, looking forward for your vid and analysis.
    ps: one step closer to buy a Pro...

Refugee

wipe on private 1.10

me and 2 of my friends started a New private game on 1.10 with defaut setting and both of them got their char wipe the next day. Just like if they were starting from the beginning while I, the host, had everthings fine. the whole map was the same just their whole progression. We gave it a second try with an other new game and the same happenned... It s a huge issue. unplayable.

Refugee

Still resetting characters

My Sons and I are playing on the Xbox One and last weekend was the first time since the new patch that the server correctly loaded our game. Now this weekend, everyone's characters but the host was reset to level one again and placed in a random location.

I'm reporting this error because it looks like the other issues in the Forums are with the PS4, but the Xbox One is having the same problems too.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Samayoite View Post
    My brother and I both updated to patch 7 (ps4) and started a new private game without adjusting any of the default settings. He is the host. The second time we played, my character was still intact, however, the third time, it was reset (haven't played again since, but I suspect the resetting will continue). We were having this problem before the patch, as well. Let me know if you need any other information!
    Update on this: The fourth time playing, my character was intact from the third time. And the fifth time, it was once again reset. Recently, I've been playing around with how we end the game, in an attempt to avoid data corruption (though it could be happening when we start a game, I suppose).

1st time: I logged off first followed by host. Result: character intact next play session
    2nd: I logged off first followed by host. Result: character reset next session
    3rd: My character locked up following a respawn from death. I force closed the application. Result: character intact next session
    4th: I logged off first followed by host. Result: character reset next session
    5th: I force closed the application. Haven't played a 6th time yet. Will update.

I do put my PS4 into sleep mode between each session, usually without closing the app. Unsure if this may or may not affect things.

Refugee

everything reset

i played 3 different times and spent days playing lost everything on xbox one i think if game does not work we should be refunded or fix game

Refugee

answers plz

Quote Originally Posted by Mofu8675 View Post
    i played 3 different times and spent days playing lost everything on xbox one i think if game does not work we should be refunded or fix game
    could someone at least let me know they r actually reading these

Refugee
    Hey Mofu8675,

I am following this thread and reading the post. From my understanding they are still working on what they thought might ahve been the second i

- - - Updated - - -

issue

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Samayoite View Post
    Update on this: The fourth time playing, my character was intact from the third time. And the fifth time, it was once again reset. Recently, I've been playing around with how we end the game, in an attempt to avoid data corruption (though it could be happening when we start a game, I suppose).

1st time: I logged off first followed by host. Result: character intact next play session
    2nd: I logged off first followed by host. Result: character reset next session
    3rd: My character locked up following a respawn from death. I force closed the application. Result: character intact next session
    4th: I logged off first followed by host. Result: character reset next session
    5th: I force closed the application. Haven't played a 6th time yet. Will update.

I do put my PS4 into sleep mode between each session, usually without closing the app. Unsure if this may or may not affect things.
    respawm character lock can be fixed by turning off your controller and turning it back on , i have tested this method more than once so if you die and your character doesn't move when you respawn , just turn off your controller and turn it back on this will fix that issue as for the character reset i have yet to experience this issue