Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [12/14] Message from the Team - Patch 6 Live Today (notes included)

[12/14] Message from the Team - Patch 6 Live Today (notes included)

Hi all!

In a record breaking approval time, Patch 6 will be going live today around 11am PST (That's about 8pm for us GMT folks)

-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
    -No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Thanks,
    Clare

--------------
    In case you missed it yesterday...

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 6.0
    PS4 Version 1.08
    XB1 Version 1.0.8.0

It’s official! Patch 6 for 7 Days to Die on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One has begun to roll out. Here’s a list of most (not all) of the fixes included in this patch. We hope you all enjoy!

* The Journal –collects in-game tips and experiences as the player progresses through the game, acting as both an explanation of game mechanics and as a chronology of player experiences. The Journal is a primary page available via the window paging button at the top of the screen or via the radial menu

* Dynamic Blood Moon Horde Difficulty – this system automatically adjusts the difficulty of the horde that a player gets on horde night to offer a challenge better suited to them. Difficulty is determined by the following:

o How long the player has lived without a death
    o The level of the player
    o The game difficulty settings
    o How many players are in a group

*Note* The horde will keep coming until dawn breaks; the player will clear the “real” horde at some point but will continue to get a zombie or two for the duration of the night

* Container Sorting –provides an option to automatically stack all stackable items and move like items together in a given container to clean up messy inventories

o Players can also now use a handy UI pop-up to quickly modify the number of items they want to craft, select, move around, etc.

Additional Fixes

* Fixed a bug that prevented the “Yucca Plant” resource from being harvested from Yucca plants

* Fixed an issue that would prevent pistols from being returned to the inventory once they were dropped

* Fixed an issue with world gen that would sometimes cause POIs to spawn over ravines

o *NOTE* This will only be fixed in new games created after the installation of Patch 6

* Fixed an issue that would cause spikes placed too closely beneath stairs to damage a player climbing those stairs

* Fixed an issue that would prevent players from consuming water from natural sources unless they were almost submerged in them

* Fixed an issue that would cause harvested crops to not stack with existing stacks of those crops in the toolbelt

* Fixed an issue that would cause the auger to fall through the ground when dropped from a player’s inventory in a multiplayer game

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ground to disappear when a player was placing or removing blocks

* Fixed an issue that would cause the pipe bomb to fall at the player’s feet when they would try to throw it

* Fixed an issue that would cause Blood Moon zombies to run back and forth between the host and clients on a map if they were in different areas of the map

* Fixed an issue that would cause the player to teleport to the surface of the map when dismounting a Minibike near a cave wall

* Fixed an issue that was allowing items to be dropped into walls, rendering them irretrievable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the “Collect item” prompt from appearing on a dropped Stone Shovel

* Fixed some minor performance issues that would occur when players would use LB/RB or L1/R1 to scroll through in-game menus

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause large quantities of player-placed blocks to become invisible in player-made caverns

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the distance between players from being updated when the user is in the Players tab

* Fixed an issue that would allow players to upgrade and destroy blocks simultaneously

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause airdrops to freeze in midair

* Fixed an issue that would display a pick-up prompt to appear for land mines and pressure plates and allow them to be picked up, reducing their usefulness as a trap

* Fixed an issue that would cause the max stamina and health values to be different from one another when the player would consume meat stew

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ammo count to disappear after respawning while wielding a weapon

* Fixed an exploit that would allow the player to mine resources upon destruction of the two-part fridge

* Fixed an issue that caused cemeteries to occasionally spawn above the ground instead of on it

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that would cause the “player catching fire” sound effects to persist wherever the player caught fire, even once the fire that caused the damage was extinguished

System/Stability

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the achievement “Playing Doctor” from unlocking for players playing in non-English languages

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a player would attempt to strike certain blocks

Enjoy Patch 6, everybody! Thank you for your detailed bug reports and for taking the time to help us make this game the best it can be!

Scavenger
    FIRST

frig. i missed the first. but awesome its coming out today! what an odd day.
    Last edited by skippy0330; 12-14-2016 at 01:10 PM.

that really was a record winning approval...

And i fear now what gamebreaking bug will come with that patch...

Tracker
    Sweet and saucy.

As for the bug....im gonna guess....raining goats?

Ranger
    Well holy zombie guts, This looks promising. Finally zombie hoards that scale. Now we just need lootable gore blocks.

In all seriousness this is fantastic news! I have to give the tip of my hat to you guys for getting this ready. Well done.

Refugee
    Today!? Nice news! Thanks!

Damn, on a Wednesday? I think this is the first time seeing a patch (for any game) drop on a day that isn't Tuesday, although my memory can be pretty bad at times, so I've probably seen it happen before and just don't remember LoL. Either way, great news.

Hunter
    * Fixed an exploit that would allow the player to mine resources upon destruction of the two-part fridge

You're not supposed to be able to mine resources from fridges? Damn. I thought that was a feature, same as ovens and cars etc.

Refugee
    This is funny 3 days ago or 4 I looked on here didn't see no news so I said to my self let me start a new one. Lmao we'll it's to start all over. That's the best part I think. Thanks and can't wait for a15

- - - Updated - - -

Claire I hope you don't mind but I really got 1 suggestion if you have coffee with a dev this week lol. It would be so helpful to scrap from a search inventory like PC like when you search something I staid of having to pull it to your inventory it's no biggie but would be a big help thanks

Desert, wasteland or in small burnt village
    Thank you for the patch! But... minibike exit made with poles are useless now... you can't drive through poles anymore so I had to make a ramp where I can jump to the roof with minibike.
    Dynamic horde disapointed me. Only 1 feral and cop in 154 night horde.
    patch 6 gameplay

Tracker
    Yes thank u Clare for the update its nice the be able to make my yucca juice again and the ability to niw enter a number into the crafting bix is much appreciated. It does suck not being able to drive minibike thru pillar 50's now but in a way its good for the game cause u shouldn't be able to do it in first place if u can't walk thru em how can u possibly drive thru em.
    Hoping soon we can start getting few trickles of A15 features,even if it's just simple things like new building blocks or lootable gore blocks. But I also understand that the game needs to be stable the way it is first so keep up the great work, we true fans appreciate it.

Refugee
    So did this update fix that problem where the game would crash, and your base would get destroyed?

Scavenger
    Loving the new patch... I woke up this morning and the patch had me breakfast waiting and warmed my car up for me !
    Hehe, thanks again for continued effort in polishing this great game. Love the new sorting btw among some of many things.

-Terry

Refugee
    I have come across an small issue while collapsing land, seems the dirt will not pick up all at once like it did before and either you need to click each one seperately or look at them, which increase the time in clearing land. And yes the driving between cement columns seems to have changed, have not tested the horde yet as i got upset over the collapsing as i am still clearing land for my build but gave up for now.