Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: [12/14] Message from the Team - Patch 6 Live Today (notes included)

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by blundy View Post
    I'd take a buggy trader...that's ok...I swear I'm sure they would sort it out down the road? Haha.

I know there are still a lot of game breaking bugs, I have encountered a few myself. Getting those ironed out would help console BIG time. I will try and maintain patience until the goods have arrived! Thanks!
    I'm slightly confused about the trader's function - everything I have to sell sells for about maybe 10 tokens, while anything I'd want to buy starts around 2000 lol. Even those night vision goggles I found sell for a tenth the buying price. It doesn't seem like good economics to trade if everything is that expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by fonduman View Post
    I'm slightly confused about the trader's function - everything I have to sell sells for about maybe 10 tokens, while anything I'd want to buy starts around 2000 lol. Even those night vision goggles I found sell for a tenth the buying price. It doesn't seem like good economics to trade if everything is that expensive.
    That's probably why they added the Barter skill. Putting points into that makes Traders much more useful

Anyone have more info about the way the horde keeps coming until morning? It makes it sound a bit like killing the zombies is irrelevant and you just want a durable enough base to last until morning then kill the remainders. But if the number of zombies decrease after the initial main horde, then it makes sense to kill them all as they come.

Speaking of which, I need to find that setting that enables more zombies to be spawned at any one time. They tend to trickle in in small waves a bit on blood moon instead of approaching like a big horde, and I think my computer could handle more zombies ok.
    Since you're on a pc, you should check out the modding section of this forum. You'll be able to find out how to edit the maxAlive amount of zombies on horde night to something higher than the current number, which is 8
    Last edited by K-Lude; 01-10-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Refugee
    Hey! Be grateful for those 10 tokens haha. Some of us don't get squat for our unwanted dead zombie finds :P

Does seem a bit unfair though. On the PC streams I have been watching they give you next to nothing for your goods, and meanwhile try and sell you a 300 lvl hunting rifle for 13K. I heard you get booted out just before nightfall...where does the game send you to?

Refugee

Update?

Is there going to be an update for the console version soon?
    Last edited by Roland; 01-11-2017 at 04:57 AM. Reason: moved to correct forum

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravon View Post
    Is there going to be an update for the console version soon?
    I asked this same question just today no definite word on when the next update is...however...do not expect new features to be added until the current bugs have been resolved (there are still many to resolve). It might be some time before we see a version for console that holds the same content level as PC. I myself am eager for traders, new building items, and new craftable items that PC currently has available.

Please keep posts on topic, this post is for the discussion of Patch 6 only.

For Alpha 15 info please see the sticky in general discussion: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...d-for-Consoles which Joel himself responded too and the video he posted on youtube about console development: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3HjqDNlmk

If you wish to continue the discussion, please do so in General Discussion or in a suitable thread.

-----

Fondumann - as you mentioned your computer, are you on PC? Just to let you know this is the console thread - you could probably use a Mod or command console. Otherwise you might get an answer if you post in general discussion. A lot of players have played through blood moons now and would be able to describe how they find it. During the horde, rather than them all coming at once, they will come in smaller waves, when the horde zombies have been killed the waves will decrease but you'll probably get a zombie or two still showing up until the blood moon ends.

Refugee

Update

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi all!

In a record breaking approval time, Patch 6 will be going live today around 11am PST (That's about 8pm for us GMT folks)

-Please do not post bug reports etc below. This thread is for the discussion of the patch ONLY. There is a section for bug reporting.
    -No I do not have further info on A15 features or updates on MD5 and Multiplayer issues. When I have those updates they will get their own post.

Thanks,
    Clare

--------------
    In case you missed it yesterday...

7 Days to Die [Console]
    Release Notes
    Patch 6.0
    PS4 Version 1.08
    XB1 Version 1.0.8.0

It’s official! Patch 6 for 7 Days to Die on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One has begun to roll out. Here’s a list of most (not all) of the fixes included in this patch. We hope you all enjoy!

* The Journal –collects in-game tips and experiences as the player progresses through the game, acting as both an explanation of game mechanics and as a chronology of player experiences. The Journal is a primary page available via the window paging button at the top of the screen or via the radial menu

* Dynamic Blood Moon Horde Difficulty – this system automatically adjusts the difficulty of the horde that a player gets on horde night to offer a challenge better suited to them. Difficulty is determined by the following:

o How long the player has lived without a death
    o The level of the player
    o The game difficulty settings
    o How many players are in a group

*Note* The horde will keep coming until dawn breaks; the player will clear the “real” horde at some point but will continue to get a zombie or two for the duration of the night

* Container Sorting –provides an option to automatically stack all stackable items and move like items together in a given container to clean up messy inventories

o Players can also now use a handy UI pop-up to quickly modify the number of items they want to craft, select, move around, etc.

Additional Fixes

* Fixed a bug that prevented the “Yucca Plant” resource from being harvested from Yucca plants

* Fixed an issue that would prevent pistols from being returned to the inventory once they were dropped

* Fixed an issue with world gen that would sometimes cause POIs to spawn over ravines

o *NOTE* This will only be fixed in new games created after the installation of Patch 6

* Fixed an issue that would cause spikes placed too closely beneath stairs to damage a player climbing those stairs

* Fixed an issue that would prevent players from consuming water from natural sources unless they were almost submerged in them

* Fixed an issue that would cause harvested crops to not stack with existing stacks of those crops in the toolbelt

* Fixed an issue that would cause the auger to fall through the ground when dropped from a player’s inventory in a multiplayer game

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ground to disappear when a player was placing or removing blocks

* Fixed an issue that would cause the pipe bomb to fall at the player’s feet when they would try to throw it

* Fixed an issue that would cause Blood Moon zombies to run back and forth between the host and clients on a map if they were in different areas of the map

* Fixed an issue that would cause the player to teleport to the surface of the map when dismounting a Minibike near a cave wall

* Fixed an issue that was allowing items to be dropped into walls, rendering them irretrievable

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the “Collect item” prompt from appearing on a dropped Stone Shovel

* Fixed some minor performance issues that would occur when players would use LB/RB or L1/R1 to scroll through in-game menus

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause large quantities of player-placed blocks to become invisible in player-made caverns

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the distance between players from being updated when the user is in the Players tab

* Fixed an issue that would allow players to upgrade and destroy blocks simultaneously

* Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause airdrops to freeze in midair

* Fixed an issue that would display a pick-up prompt to appear for land mines and pressure plates and allow them to be picked up, reducing their usefulness as a trap

* Fixed an issue that would cause the max stamina and health values to be different from one another when the player would consume meat stew

* Fixed an issue that would cause the ammo count to disappear after respawning while wielding a weapon

* Fixed an exploit that would allow the player to mine resources upon destruction of the two-part fridge

* Fixed an issue that caused cemeteries to occasionally spawn above the ground instead of on it

Art/Audio

* Fixed an issue that would cause the “player catching fire” sound effects to persist wherever the player caught fire, even once the fire that caused the damage was extinguished

System/Stability

* Fixed an issue that was preventing the achievement “Playing Doctor” from unlocking for players playing in non-English languages

* Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a player would attempt to strike certain blocks

Enjoy Patch 6, everybody! Thank you for your detailed bug reports and for taking the time to help us make this game the best it can be!
    When is version 10 coming to xbox one

Refugee

Bugs list noticed

Hi so Im new to 7 Days to dies but clocking in 100+ hour so far over the last 2 weeks so not sure what below is new or pre existing but here are the bugs I have noticed

- Poor frame rate in general. On a regular bases the frame rate drops to clearly below 20fps at best and it doesnt seem to matter where or what you are doing. Even when in a cave when the draw calls should be limited as your in a small place and cant see much it still happens

- Full frame rate drop/lock - Game locks up completely and freezes, usually after about 10 seconds it resumes but still frustrating

- Constant crashing - I host private servers and during a day the server has crashed easily 10+ times

Suggestions ideas

- Forum verification. Some of the men actually look like women ;-)
    - GPS trackers for Bikes
    - Hordes just don't feel like horde, Now in a voxel game I guess having tons of zombies running around isnt possible due to technical restrictions but more than we have. It doesnt matter how tough they are just having 10-15 zombies running at your base even on max settings just feels very meh.

Other than that, great game and I hope the worst case issues will continue to be addressed as soon as possible and look forward to further fixes/content.

As mentioned before - Please post all issues / bugs in the Console Bug Report section and all suggestions in General Discussion.

This thread is for the discussion of Patch 6 only. If it continues to go off topic I will close the thread.

Clare

Refugee
    I like the idea behind the dynamic blood moon horde, but something is wrong. My wife & I are over day 100, died under 6 times, and have spawn size maxed; after the last patch, blood moons are significantly less challenging because far less zombies spawn with fewer police & ferals. In fact, some random day spawns generate more zombies and are more difficult than blood moons. I prefer the flood of zombies pre-patch 6 in which I was really concerned about dying and/or having my base damaged vs the dynamic trickle that can be casually soloed with no real threat of loss.

* Dynamic Blood Moon Horde Difficulty – this system automatically adjusts the difficulty of the horde that a player gets on horde night to offer a challenge better suited to them. Difficulty is determined by the following:

o How long the player has lived without a death
    o The level of the player
    o The game difficulty settings
    o How many players are in a group

Refugee

A15

Just wondering any news on alpha 15

Refugee

Angry

No one is saying ANY thing about A15 for console
    Last edited by Marceckosps4; 01-15-2017 at 09:46 PM.

I posted links to the information available on "A15" for console above - both are from a sticky in general discussion.

This thread has served it's purpose and continues to go off topic.

Thread Closed.