Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [12/14] Message from the Team - Re Multiplayer Issues

Post [12/14] Message from the Team - Re Multiplayer Issues

Below is a message passed onto me from the team.

----------

Hey all!
    We know that some of you have been experiencing issues with online multiplayer. Unfortunately, we still have been unable to recreate this issue internally, so finding a solution has not yet been possible. That said, we are still hard at work investigating and trying to get the information we need to fix this bug. We really appreciate your patience and support!

---------

Thank you all for all the help you have given so far in trying to find the source of this bug. If you have any info or details you want to share, please do so in the Console Bug Reports section to make sure I see it.
    Clare

Refugee
    Great work team

Scavenger
    Did anyone try jiggling the cable?

Tracker
    Somewhere between this biome and that one over there
    Quote Originally Posted by courgi View Post
    Did anyone try jiggling the cable?
    Or try unpluging it and pluging it back it usually works for me

They should just take some consoles with them home and try it again. i am pretty sure they can replicate the issue than...

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric Walker View Post
    They should just take some consoles with them home and try it again. i am pretty sure they can replicate the issue than...
    Most of this is due to improper network settings, or a crap internet connection. I play on console and do not have these connection issues, haven't had them in quite a while.

They can take as many consoles they want, if they can't test using the same internet connection that the player is having the trouble on then they're not going to find an issue.

Survivor
    My friends and I have yet to encounter this issue and we play on multiplayer frequently

Refugee

Multi-player

The second bike disappears all the time and u get kicked out on a regular basis

Scavenger
    Hey Clare I know most of my friends didn't start having issue with connection issues until patch 2 they are on dsl and I'm on cable I don't have a issue

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by madmax_2069 View Post
    Most of this is due to improper network settings, or a crap internet connection. I play on console and do not have these connection issues, haven't had them in quite a while.

They can take as many consoles they want, if they can't test using the same internet connection that the player is having the trouble on then they're not going to find an issue.
    My broadband speed is very good and my network settings are spot on but on my old world I was having mp issues roughly every hour. Touch wood it has stopped for a while since my friend and I have started a new Ran Gen world. I think it probably has more to do with how many changes have been made to the world than internet connections.

Refugee
    I purchased a XB1 purely for this game back in September and have not been able to join anyone or anyone join me for longer than 10minutes. My internet up/down are fine and ive tried ethernet cable and wifi without success. Ive tried multiple port-forwarding stuff(im a noob with it) and have made sure ive got an open NAT type but still.. nothing. When attempting to join a friend (who lives in the same city as me) it gets to setting up server then discs me to the main menu. I''m sure it may have something to do with my router being BT HH5 and/or BT Infinity 2 internet. I truely hope they find a patch soon cause theres only so much 7d2d Twitch content I can watch until I want to jump back on the game for myself. When I play solo on a private game I get no problems apart from getting bored after a while.

Refugee

This is not true. Both, my friend and I, have high speed internet with the two top providers in our area. He has Comcast and I have Verizon. Neither of us can play together or online at all. The game is currently broken. I'm glad it's not for you, but you shouldn't talk from a position of ignorance.

Refugee

I love know-it-alls.....

Are you the be-all ,end-all of online gaming knowledge? if so, then maybe you can help them figure out why some of us continue to have this problem.

Like others have said in other threads and here, I play other games online with NO issues at all, Halo 5 multiplayer and co-op campaign, as well as other games, with absolutely NO connection problems. I repeat, I can play those games with a friend for hours and never get disconnected from the game.

I have 7DTD for PC and have played a lot on servers with other people and have no connection issues with the PC version using my "improper network settings and crap internet connection", so why don't you just take a seat and let the rational adults talk so these people can fully realize that there IS a problem with their code in this port and it's not the fault of those of us that have spent $30 on this game and can't even play it.

The only reason I bought the xbox version is because a friend of mine that wanted to play it doesn't have a gaming PC. I would much rather just play the PC version because it's so much better, but I've spent the money on this and my friend did too and was all excited about playing it and we can't connect at all no matter which one of use tries to host the game.

Zombie Hunter
    Yawn.

Same old sayings over and over again. Others have had no issues with any other game but this one, and found it had to do with thier connection. If it's not specific to the internet settings, how come my game works when it's the identical code to yours?

That is what makes it so difficult for them to fix. I bet you would be singing a completely different tune if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were playing online just fine, and it was someone else here complaining they couldn't.

Refugee

blah .. blah.. blah...

Quote Originally Posted by IBKillingfools View Post
    Yawn.

Same old sayings over and over again. Others have had no issues with any other game but this one, and found it had to do with thier connection. If it's not specific to the internet settings, how come my game works when it's the identical code to yours?

That is what makes it so difficult for them to fix. I bet you would be singing a completely different tune if the shoe was on the other foot, and you were playing online just fine, and it was someone else here complaining they couldn't.
    I don't know why. I'm not a computer programmer. And I bet you're not one either and you and that other guy shouldn't be getting on this forum and acting like you're an expert on the subject and making it sound like there's no problem with the game and the problem is the internet connections of the people that are having the connection issues. My point is still valid. Plenty of us have no issues whatsoever with other games online yet can't get or keep a connection with other players in THIS game.

Sure, people have different internet service providers and who knows what is different about those connections and how they are handled by games. Why can all my other Steam games and Xbox games connect to servers online and multiplayer matches with no issues if it's my internet connection that is the problem?

There is clearly something wrong with this game. I would guess that it has something to do with the way this game handles or processes different types of internet connections and they need to look into that part of their code

And no, if I wasn't having a problem with this game, I wouldn't be on here dismissing and discounting the validity of people that are.
    Last edited by ONESNZER0S; 12-29-2016 at 05:04 AM.