Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [12/14] Message from the Team - Re Multiplayer Issues

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ONESNZER0S View Post
    I don't know why. I'm not a computer programmer. And I bet you're not one either and you and that other guy shouldn't be getting on this forum and acting like you're an expert on the subject and making it sound like there's no problem with the game and the problem is the internet connections of the people that are having the connection issues. My point is still valid. Plenty of us have no issues whatsoever with other games online yet can't get or keep a connection with other players in THIS game.

Sure, people have different internet service providers and who knows what is different about those connections and how they are handled by games. Why can all my other Steam games and Xbox games connect to servers online and multiplayer matches with no issues if it's my internet connection that is the problem?

There is clearly something wrong with this game. I would guess that it has something to do with the way this game handles or processes different types of internet connections and they need to look into that part of their code

And no, if I wasn't having a problem with this game, I wouldn't be on here dismissing and discounting the validity of people that are.
    So you think having two dozen people come on these forums just to whine and flame, while providing no information from their setup whatsoever, will help them solve the issue. No words man. Just no words to describe this stupidity.

Refugee

multiplayer problems

I brought this game to play with my friends on xbox one and at first I was able to play with them on multiplayer then I stopped being able to use items, then the map wouldnt load around me and then I got kicked from the game and havent been able to join their game again. I have tried restarting the game and we have all deleted it and reinstalled it and it hasnt worked. I have tried it with wifi and ethernet cable incase it was my internet but that hasnt worked and they have also checked their internet as well. I am unable to play a game I brought to play with my mates. Anyone have any other ideas.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by nathandavies View Post
    I brought this game to play with my friends on xbox one and at first I was able to play with them on multiplayer then I stopped being able to use items, then the map wouldnt load around me and then I got kicked from the game and havent been able to join their game again. I have tried restarting the game and we have all deleted it and reinstalled it and it hasnt worked. I have tried it with wifi and ethernet cable incase it was my internet but that hasnt worked and they have also checked their internet as well. I am unable to play a game I brought to play with my mates. Anyone have any other ideas.
    Post in the bug reports section on the forum giving more details

Your internet provider.
    What router is being used.
    Your Download/Upload speeds.
    Ping.
    Game settings
    NAT type.
    How many consoles are on your network.
    Any other info you think may be relevant.

I guarantee 90 percent of multiplayer problems are nat issues with the xbox. very rare have i heard the issue on ps4, more common on xbox. people need to stop blaming the game, and start reporting it correctly in the bugs section, with the needed information. At this rate, the problem will never be solved, because its not software, its external hardware.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by skippy0330 View Post
    I guarantee 90 percent of multiplayer problems are nat issues with the xbox. very rare have i heard the issue on ps4, more common on xbox. people need to stop blaming the game, and start reporting it correctly in the bugs section, with the needed information. At this rate, the problem will never be solved, because its not software, its external hardware.
    Yeah Xbox always seemed to have that issue, mainly with their systems compatibly with the routers on how different ways a router handles functions such as port forwarding, and UPnP and DMZ then what the Xbox wants.

If you have a router that isn't fully compatible with how Xbox wants it's network to be handled then you're going to have issues. Not saying that PS4 doesn't have this issue either, PS4 just seems to be more compatible with routers. And things quickly go wrong when you have multiple game systems on the same network, as both system's are fighting over ports and some routers go stupid trying to figure things out and route them correctly, or blocks one system and allows the other.

Microsoft use to have a router compatibility list, I don't know if they still do or if they fixed their software to be more compatible with more routers (I'd imagine they have), but it always seemed like more of an issue with Xbox then on PlayStation.

Scavenger
    Possible Xbox ONE Multiplayer fix:

Not sure if this has been shared so I apologize if it has. There's a technique that works quite often for Xbox ONE gamers with multiplayer issues. (me, my dad, and my brother have used it many times successfully)

For some reason, Xbox doesn't like it when games resume when it comes to multiplayer. I have this same issue with GTA V online. Before starting the game, make sure the game is fully quit first. If you load the game and it doesn't go through the developer logos and take a while to load up the main menu, follow the steps from Xbox support to close the app and re-open. (all players should do this)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...ne-app-or-game

So now anytime I know I want to play multiplayer, I always go to the home screen, hit menu, and verify that the game doesn't have the option to quit. If it does, I quit and then launch the game from scratch and multiplayer has worked every time. Hope this helps.

Not sure if PS4 also stores game states and has a similar process, but it's worth a shot if it does. Hope this helps.

Notes: if you're gonna play single player or split screen, then this is unnecessary. Single player / split screen doesn't seem to be affected by the resume feature.

Very interesting zzBuLLeTzz - I did not know of this issue. I shall add you suggetion to the confirmed section post on multiplayer issues in the hopes this can help some.

If anyone finds this works for them, please let me know.

Refugee

Multiplayer fix

Quote Originally Posted by zzBuLLeTzz View Post
    Possible Xbox ONE Multiplayer fix:

Not sure if this has been shared so I apologize if it has. There's a technique that works quite often for Xbox ONE gamers with multiplayer issues. (me, my dad, and my brother have used it many times successfully)

For some reason, Xbox doesn't like it when games resume when it comes to multiplayer. I have this same issue with GTA V online. Before starting the game, make sure the game is fully quit first. If you load the game and it doesn't go through the developer logos and take a while to load up the main menu, follow the steps from Xbox support to close the app and re-open. (all players should do this)

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...ne-app-or-game

So now anytime I know I want to play multiplayer, I always go to the home screen, hit menu, and verify that the game doesn't have the option to quit. If it does, I quit and then launch the game from scratch and multiplayer has worked every time. Hope this helps.

Not sure if PS4 also stores game states and has a similar process, but it's worth a shot if it does. Hope this helps.

Notes: if you're gonna play single player or split screen, then this is unnecessary. Single player / split screen doesn't seem to be affected by the resume feature.
    Yeah I have had similar issues with other multiplayer games (in particular TitanFall 1) and I was doing the same thing as above....quitting out completely then loading the game up. For whatever reason it thought i was still in a multiplayer party and it didnt like it. As soon as I started quitting out completely, it worked fine. Its now a habit of mine to completely quit out of all games like this.

Reconstructionist

Ps4 no problem here

I have been paying for months with out any MP issues i have been playing with people from Australia to Greece and here in the northwest (im west coast ) no problems not sure what to tell people other than trade your xbox in for a ps4 . my dad is on the xbox and i'm on PS4 he's experienced twice as many glitches as me, especially the mini bike and Poi reset , i haven't lost a mini bike or had a base reset played several games past day 90 with a variety of rule sets so im not sure folk <snip by OzHawkeye>
    later y'all it's day 75 AKA loot day

Edit by OzHawkeye: Let's not turn this into a PS4 versus XBOX debate. Thanks.
    Last edited by OzHawkeye; 01-07-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Hello, on console these dead nothing but nothing advanced. Instead of paying someone who knows about console for advanced version. But no it is not moving more and more people stop the games in france and belgium without probably counting other countries of europe. After we should say thank you for a games that advances not and well no I will say no thanks for the moments.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwarriors2014 View Post
    Hello, on console these dead nothing but nothing advanced. Instead of paying someone who knows about console for advanced version. But no it is not moving more and more people stop the games in france and belgium without probably counting other countries of europe. After we should say thank you for a games that advances not and well no I will say no thanks for the moments.
    your English is uncharacteristically bad for a European , but that aside if you want the game to advance , report bugs with details and information , and maybe you'll get you wish , complaining will solve nothing except the mystery of your character flaws

Refugee

Fixes

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Very interesting zzBuLLeTzz - I did not know of this issue. I shall add you suggetion to the confirmed section post on multiplayer issues in the hopes this can help some.

If anyone finds this works for them, please let me know.
    I still have a plethora of issues on multiplayer. But myself and my friends who still play noticed a heavy fall in frequency of issues, when we do fully shutdown of the game. and we usually restart the console first before we do a lengthy game on the weekends too.

My friend in the US only has issues during prime time, and therefore doesnt play during that time.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by MutilatorJuice View Post
    So you think having two dozen people come on these forums just to whine and flame, while providing no information from their setup whatsoever, will help them solve the issue. No words man. Just no words to describe this stupidity.
    Aint you doing the very same thing without providing any solution ha

- - - Updated - - -

They need to fix this iam so tired of having to start back in the game because it keeps booting me out after a few mintues or if iam lucky a hour and it seem very random at doing this some of my friends who i play with even happen to be frozen in place without able to walk around and move at all the only way to fix that would be to exit the game and go back into it but thats just the problem its been since 2016 and this still hasnt work without crashing at random still

Scavenger
    For everyone who says "its all the connection, or its all the network" just leave and let the grown ups talk, they may be a factor but they are not the problem, i do not have good internet speeds myself, i have not been able to connect to a multiplayer game in around 6 months, just recently my friends have been able to connect to mine with pings of 80-190 but they still get kicked out

7DTD is not your typical multiplayer game, most multiplayer games do not have to contend with large sandbox area’s that can be fully destroyed, or new builds made, most multiplayer games are dealing with small packets of information.

7DTD appears to require a far larger transfer of data, and as the HOSTs console is the actual server, multiplayer will have a bearing on the Host player’s internet connection and set up (ISP and router type as well as config or router)

Just jumping on here and stating multiplayer works on other games and not on 7DTD is not a reason to not look at your internet, router, configuration, upload speeds etc….

A lot of standard ADSL connections limit the upload speed to around 750kb to 1Meg max, even if your download is 20meg plus, unless you are on a fibre connection, which offers greater uploads, your upload speeds will have a bearing on your multiplayer connections.

It has been reported by the devs that for a 2 player game, the host ideally needs a minimum of 1meg upload, going up to 2meg for 3 players and 3meg for 4 players.

The host needs to be the one with the greatest upload. For those that can connect but not stay in game for long, this is likely to be a factor for 7DTD.

It has also been identified that certain router types struggle with this level of requirement, it has also been reported that changing your ISP has resulted in fixing the multiplayer issues. Therefor pointing to the ISP’s policies being a factor.

If the basis of your irk is that you can play multiplayer on other games and not this and you are not prepared to or have the ability to interrogate or investigate these other factors, then you will continue to be unable to play until the Devs can work out why a majority of players can play and you cant. If you have not provided information about your set up and online configurations, then it is highly likely that future fixes may not address your set up.

Whether you think you should have to do this or not is irrelevant, if you don’t provide information to the devs, then they will take longer to identify your issue if at all, the answer might be simple if more info was provided, you could be just a couple of network tweaks away from playing or understanding if you can or not.

As most players do not have these multiplayer issues, you can’t just rack up here and complain at the dev. It is obvious it is not so simple if it works or not as it works fine for a majority of users. Therefore it is just as likely that there is another contributing factor as to why you can’t play multiplayer.