Thread: PS4 camp fire issues

Refugee

Exclamation PS4 camp fire issues

On single player. The camp fire will not let you build anything when you exit out of the camp fire. Please fix this issue.

Hunter
    What????

Hi CaptainBlood84,

Please use the format in the guide https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting when reporting issues so I can get as much information as possible from start about the issue and your game save settings.

The team may also need to have a look at your save file if we can not determine the cause. Is it possible to walk to a new area - far enough away your base chunk unloads, and then build a new camp fire and see if it occurs there?

Thank you,
    Clare

Refugee

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi CaptainBlood84,

Please use the format in the guide https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting when reporting issues so I can get as much information as possible from start about the issue and your game save settings.

The team may also need to have a look at your save file if we can not determine the cause. Is it possible to walk to a new area - far enough away your base chunk unloads, and then build a new camp fire and see if it occurs there?

Thank you,
    Clare
    Hi Clare,

I tried make a post about this as well, but I keep getting an error to that I must select a thread prefix, and I can't for the life of me figure out where or what that is. So...

I'm on patch v1.08 for the PS4 playing a solo game. The forge, campfire, workbench, and cement mixer all require that the player has the menu open for each respective crafting station in order for materials to craft. The forge will still consume fuel and smelt items for crafting later, and fuel is still used while the player is out of the menu, but no items will be created if the player is not in the menu. I've also had the items I've queued up for crafting disappear after returning to the forge to pick them up. So, fuel was used to craft them, materials were used to craft them, but there is no item in the output section of the forge. This has also happened to me in the campfire, cement mixer, and workbench. I do not have a video of the issue, but I will try to create one later.

Hunter
    I know they are aware of this bug and are working on it.
    FYI seems to happen to me when more then one person uses the forge. I made 2 forges one for me and one for a friend. He had problems right from the start. I never had one till he had to get in mine for some forge iron. Now I have to sit there and wait as well. We forge everything at night as we can't do much outside at dark. Hope this helps.
    We are in the process of getting fur together to make our own and see if this helps.

Ranger
    I've had this on single player xbox one too. It wasn't with all my forges or campfires, just some of them. I found that demolishing the troublesome ones and building new ones worked - but it's a strain on resources early on. A full console cache reset didn't help.

If you had items cooking on the campfire and closed the menu it would stop cooking although it would still be consuming fuel. I also noticed that some forges or campfires in the distance would appear to be burning fuel (emitting smoke and flames) even though they had exhausted their supply. When you get near them they'd suddenly stop.

Recreating the error is hit and miss as I don't know what causes it.

If you guys want help with this issue the developers need specific information from you, which is why Clare linked you to this post...

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting

This is a small team they don't have time to give everyone a personal support rep that can work with you on any situation, they are a lean, mean development team so do yourself a favor and help them HELP YOU!!!

I think you might be on to something there Vtelmo, I'll pass that suggestion onto the team! Not sure how it would effect Single Player, but it's still an interesting observation.

Also McGreybush it's possibly a spam filter issue, I'll send your user name onto forum admins and they should be able to help you out.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    I think you might be on to something there Vtelmo, I'll pass that suggestion onto the team! Not sure how it would effect Single Player, but it's still an interesting observation.

Also McGreybush it's possibly a spam filter issue, I'll send your user name onto forum admins and they should be able to help you out.
    I appreciate that.

Hunter
    Hope it helps, still looking for animals to get more fur to see if this is the problem or not.

Hunter
    Ok we finally got enough fur to make our own forges and there are no problems. We both can have are own and walk away with no problems. Hope this helps Claire

Thanks for the update Vtelmo =)