Thread: The GIANTS submit Your Texture Idea Thread (Roland Approved)

The GIANT submit Your Texture Idea Thread (Roland Approved)

Hi guys, Roland gave me the go ahead for this thread. Here it is, the giant Please submit your texture idea so we can vote on it" thread".

Rules:
    1. Submit all in one Comment
    2. Dont vote here, lets keep it clean and just submit our ideas
    3. feel free to edit your post to add more
    4. Use posted images, links directly to hosted images, or your best description
    5. be nice

I'm going to get together with a couple of other gamers **cough** Guppycur, Eeaketh, Hal9000 **cough** here to see if we can code something that will allow us to have a page of images to vote on that lists all the submitted textures. Then we will let Madmole and the FP team choose from the top voted ideas to create NEW textures for 7 Days To Die. MM and TFP will not use our submitted textures, but will use them as inspiration for something totally brand new and much more amazing that we submitted.

I will post the pictures onto a voting program and ask Roland to post the link when this thread closes in 7 days.

If textures ever become server based installs instead of client based installs, I am sure a modder out there would love to use the submitted textures to mod in a new texture set for the lovely modded games. But that is a future modders dream. Right now, lets give MM some fabulous ideas to breath new life into this game.

Cheers,

Uoza

EDITED: Anything you submit will be for inspiration only. Feel free to pull textures directly from google searches, screen captures, or drawings. these are for inspirational ideas only. MM stated they are limited on what they can add to 7dtd. Great minds think alike, lets see all of our great minds pull some fabulous ideas together to inspire these game developers and help them with their job.
    Last edited by SlicksGirl; 12-20-2016 at 07:53 PM.

simon.jpg

You need drawings?

ok I'll get us started. Here are some amazing textures I'd love to paint my bases and dungeons with. Particularly the Bones for tunnels and dungeons and the gothic floral for creepy fortresses and haunted houses. Graffiti would be amazing for walls in the destroyed wasteland biome and for the awesome skater park.

black gothic.jpgbones-Milan.jpg

There are more here: http://www.the-darkwardens.com/7-day...-inspirations/

I couldnt attach them or add them by link because even at 100 pixals by 60 pixals they were still too large for the forums to accept. Which is soo annoying!

(and since i cannot read black type on a nearly black background, i cannot see what image size is allowed.)

Here is mroe inspiration I'd love to see in the game:

Decaying Victorian Home

Bone Mosoleums in Europe

Abandoned Mansion
    Last edited by SlicksGirl; 12-20-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Some additions to the terrain atlas would be nice. Im thinking sulphur, copper ore, and maybe a muddy grass would be nice.

Also adding some more textures to the item/UMA atlas would be nice. More tattoos, teeshirt art, wounds etc.

Hunter
    Well, right off the bat, some thematic textures:

* Gothic/Horror: Ebony wood, Obsidian crystal, Black granite/marble, black shingles;
    * Egypt/Babylon(I think that's the name in english): faded yellow granite, with optional wall sculptures, egyptian papyrus paintings and maesopothamian carved clay tablets;
    * Medieval/Knight: concrete brick(I know it's in game, but we can't use it yet), stone blocks(kind of like the reinforced concrete blocks, but with a rough surface, no dots in the middle, a little darker shade of grey than concrete blocks and rough edges, as to give an idea of separate blocks stacked on top of each other), white marble blocks and bricks(smooth surface, white-ish color and clear separation from other blocks), red shingles, red carpet;
    * Luxury: gold plating, full red wood(no separate planks), ivory/white wood, greek-styled granite/marble pillars;

That's all so far, too bad I can't look for the images right now.

How about just giving us access by way of a texture folder so we can alter and make our own? Win/Win in my book
    ... Along with all the sounds ...

A "zombie skulls" texture, crafted from as many zombie skulls (harvested from zombies obviously ) as are depicted on the texture eg 5x5 skulls on block face = 25 skulls to craft.
    Would be a great visual representation of the number of zombies you have killed in game.
    Then I can line the corridors of my base with the skulls of my enemies

Refugee
    Quick sand! And camo paint.
    Quick sand would be made by mixing a bucket of water and crushed sand. Dig your pit 3 deep and place spikes then cover with quick sand blocks. It looks like sand but acts like water but slowing down what ever gets in it by an additional 30% than water.
    And camo paint I mean seriously who wouldn't love to paint their base camo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    How about just giving us access by way of a texture folder so we can alter and make our own? Win/Win in my book
    ... Along with all the sounds ...
    If only.

Loading textures/materials on the fly would take this next level, but Unity.

No point linking ref textures IMO as most arent made from just one image, and VRAM limits.. Good textures are big (I dont want no 512x512 or 1024x1024... 2K atleast please!!!!)

EDIT:
    Corrugated Iron is desperately needed.
    Plywood.
    Last edited by DUST2DEATH; 12-23-2016 at 08:56 PM.

Can we get the 7DTD logo as a block texture?

(Do I really need to drop a link here?)