Thread: Doughs modlets

Doughs modlets

Since I've made enough of these and have more in dev, figured I'd follow the "put them all in one place" philosophy of this forum.
    Modlet Name My Official Download Location Forums,
    Discussions, and Info
    Tested on Last Updated
    Remove The Map Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    7daystodiemods: Pics and Info
    a18.3 1-19-2020
    Punishing Weather - Core modlet Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    a18.3 1-12-2020
    Punishing Weather Effects - Medium (An Override to Punishing Weather - Core modlet) Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    a18.3 1-12-2020
    Punishing Weather Effects - Light (An Override to Punishing Weather - Core modlet) Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    a18.3 1-12-2020
    Punishing Weather - Survival Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    a18.3 1-12-2020
    Rabbit Of Caerbannog Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    a18.2,
    a18.3
    1-25-2020
    Rabbit Of Caerbannog - Spawns A Lot (An Override to Rabbit Of Caerbannog modlet) Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link a18.3 1-31-2020
    Add 5 more slots for recipe ingredient list Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    a17.2,
    a18
    10-24-2019
    A fork of KHelldons a17 modlets. An attempt to get them to work in a18 Github (My fork): Download 7daystodie.com (Khelldons modlet page): Link a18.2 2-7-2020
    Add more common sounds (Demo/Work in Progress) Github: Download 7daystodie.com: No Link
    a18.3 1-23-2020
    One Hour of Daylight (or 0 up to 24)
    See also: Claymores Modlets "MORE OPTIONS"
    Github: Download 7daystodie.com: This Forum Post
    a18.2,
    a18.4
    1-26-2020
    Add More Pipe Bombs Github: Download 7daystodie.com: Link
    7daystodiemods: Pics and Info[/URL]
    a18.2 12-18-2019
    RESERVED
    Last edited by doughphunghus; 1 Week Ago at 05:25 AM. Reason: Updated A fork of KHelldons a17 modlets

[Reserved for later]

[Reserved for later]

I like the idea with the weather stuff ... not really played much proper gaming time in A18 as I rarely get past the first day whilst testing my various modlets and stuff in A18 lol .

I had noticed in the little day events I do that there are no changes to weather and its always sunny in my games lol

Ragsy !!

I noticed the same thing too. The weather isn't really an issue to deal with most of the time. I wanted something where I had more control (I wanted to be able to trigger the rain, sun brightness, etc) but a lot of that's not accessible with the XML modlets.. From reading the forums, I guess in older versions of the game a lot of people complained a lot about it "raining for days" and "not being able to see anything" so maybe they tuned it down a bit.

I've also seen a few people asking for "snow in the forests" and other things. I'm thinking of adding more "override" modlets to override the core mod so you can choose your overall biome weather look/feel like "cold world" or "hot world". Since hot and cold are both generally buffered by the same clothing it doesn't really matter if you have both hot/cold in all the biomes (well, snow biome is likely going to need to be cold but you could have a "cold" desert). Maybe the snow on the ground could be colored to be grey so it could be wet ash or something so it could be hot.

Added 2 more modlets:
    "Add more common sounds"
    "One Hour of Daylight"

Note: For the modlet "One Hour of Daylight (or 0 up to 24)", I originally made it 1 hour (and some options) up to 23 as I didn't think about 0 or 24 hours as options . 0 hours is "Perpetual Twilight" for most of the time (it does get darker at times) and 24 hours would be "Perpetual Daylight" and I believe kills the blood moons (haven't tested as of now).

Anyway, Apparently other people have had this same idea for a modlet, so I didn't steal their idea on purpose/directly . My modlet only allows changes to the Daytime length settings. I found this modlet from Claymore which made me realize you could have 0 or 24 hours of daylight (which 0 is awesome IMHO and what I play now) so I updated mine after naming it "One Hour of Daylight"
    Claymores "MORE OPTIONS" Modlet

You're very welcome, buddy Glad you liked the option and yeah: It does make it feel more scary than having a sunny bright warming daytime most of the day. I have to admit: I never played with it that much. I created it just for shenanigans, to be honest

Its interesting because it changes the gameplay so much. Its so dark you really can't go into POI without a light, so you wither carry a torch and attach it to a wall (or use it as a weapon) so it's a lot harder and challenging, until you get a helmet with a light on it, then your hands are free to carry a weapon. Honestly, I'm thinking of making a mod to make it a *lot* harder to get/craft a helmet light to extend the time you have to spend lurking around holding a light. I have a game going (on day 6) and I had a mod added to let me have a flashlight + duct tape "helmet" and I kinda regret I did it as I realize how much it takes away from the creepiness.

Also: I'm on day 6, barely got a forge and workbench running. Found an underground bunker on Day 2 (just luck). I've looted about 6 small POI's. It *really* makes it more fun in the early game for those that like a challenge. As soon as you let go of a light source it turns pitch black indoors in a few seconds, most of the time. I went down into a mine and only brought 1 torch, died, and realized I respawned in my bunker...with 0 lights crafted or on me. Fumbled around in pitch black dark for like 10 minutes