Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    This is what I get for overwriting instead of delete reinstall. I'll do a clean install and get back. I'm ashamed.

Refugee
    I have a problem, after installing this mod a command from another mod doesn't work anymore.

are installed:
    Allocs Command Extension
    Allocs Common Funcs
    Allocs WebAndMapRendering
    BCManager
    CoppisAdditions
    SDX of the Starvations MOD

My server manager used the "pug" command which returns True when a player uses noclip.
    This order is now always "false", even if I fly into the ground.

BCM doesn't recognize this, at least I wouldn't know how.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertDisk2 View Post
    I have a problem, after installing this mod a command from another mod doesn't work anymore.

are installed:
    Allocs Command Extension
    Allocs Common Funcs
    Allocs WebAndMapRendering
    BCManager
    CoppisAdditions
    SDX of the Starvations MOD

My server manager used the "pug" command which returns True when a player uses noclip.
    This order is now always "false", even if I fly into the ground.

BCM doesn't recognize this, at least I wouldn't know how.
    Pretty sure thats on coppis. The calculations for position (in pug) need an update. They dont report correctly right now.

Cheers

Refugee
    hi Prisma501,
    no, definitely not, when I remove the BCManager again the command "pug" works as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by InsertDisk2 View Post
    hi Prisma501,
    no, definitely not, when I remove the BCManager again the command "pug" works as usual.
    I dont see how thats possible, the two mods dont interact with each other, and bcm doesnt alter any stats so whatever pug is reporting isnt the result of this mod as far as I can tell.

underground detection was broken in 16.4 when they reverted some changes. To detect it properly you have to scan the blocks around the player and make sures there's a 2 block air gap for them. I haven't added that yet so the bcm underground stat is just reporting the distnce between player y and the terrain height according to the chunk stats.

Refugee
    I can't explain it either. Maybe the Mod Starvation still plays a role?

However, the fact is that pug works on my Linux server under the Starvation Mod without BCManager.
    I tested it several times and built my ServerManager Script after that.

Hi guys. I installed BCManager 2.2.3 on a fresh server because I wanted to use its MOTD feature, but doesn't seem to be able to activate it. In the system.xml file I see that the motd feature is still "<!-- todo: not implemented -->". If it's really the case, can anyone tell me what I could use waiting for BCManager to be ready for that feature?

EDIT: since I enabled that BCManager feature, in the log file of my server I see a dump a lines like this. Does it speaks to anyone?
    2018-02-02T19:47:55 4619.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:48:15 4639.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:48:35 4659.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:48:55 4679.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:49:15 4699.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    Last edited by MamorukunBE; 02-02-2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: More info on the problem

Quote Originally Posted by MamorukunBE View Post
    Hi guys. I installed BCManager 2.2.3 on a fresh server because I wanted to use its MOTD feature, but doesn't seem to be able to activate it. In the system.xml file I see that the motd feature is still "<!-- todo: not implemented -->". If it's really the case, can anyone tell me what I could use waiting for BCManager to be ready for that feature?

EDIT: since I enabled that BCManager feature, in the log file of my server I see a dump a lines like this. Does it speaks to anyone?
    2018-02-02T19:47:55 4619.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:48:15 4639.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:48:35 4659.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:48:55 4679.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    2018-02-02T19:49:15 4699.614 INF (BCM) Motd
    yeah the motd stuff isnt coded, I started making the config for it but thats as far as it got. was close to next on my list, but I've been distracted working on the medieval mod and learning sdx stuff.

Servertools has a decent motd system from what ive seen, would be worth checking it out.

Dammit ^^, Will wait for your next update then, because on my actual server I'm not allowed to import DLLs, and ServerTools uses its own DLL :/

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by MamorukunBE View Post
    Dammit ^^, Will wait for your next update then, because on my actual server I'm not allowed to import DLLs, and ServerTools uses its own DLL :/
    How on earth did you install BCManager then? Its also an api mod (own dll) just as ServerTools is.

Cheers

Thanks a lot for this.
    I had been searching for some time for a way to fix an error on the map where the voxel mesh was open due to a POI not being loaded fully causing an annoying NRE everytime we got near it.
    Your bc-wblocks fill allowed me to repair the hole in the world!

Is it possible for a mod to be made with just this functionality that can be used on SP too?

One very minor thing I noticed, using BCM.htm?console v2 on Chrome 64 and BCM 2.2.3
    When I enter bc-help it gives me a one single line of all the help with a really long horizontal scroll bar (no line breaks).
    Other commands like help bc-wblocks give proper line breaks.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    He is making an sdx version, and there is some sort of pretty print option to format the conmand outputs.

I think I forgot to include the pp option by default in that version. It should be fixed in 2.4 (available via repo, not as a release yet)

you can manually add /pp to the command to force print pretty mode.

Single Player options:
    https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods/tree/master/ConsoleCmd
    https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods/tree...soleCmdLibrary

You need sdx to run these. So far the loc, block, import, export commands have been ported to sdx

https://7d2dsdx.github.io/Tutorials/ - great tuts for learning how to use sdx.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 02-10-2018 at 08:11 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    It's a result of the way I changed things a bit. I use a data cache but that wont be getting set while a player is connecting so i'll need to check the cache is set first.

I need to revisit the player data as i'm not entirely happy with the way it works now.

Will have a bit of a look over it later this week
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a player having the same problem and is unable to get logged in. Unfortunately, he's also the most active player. I need to find a solution quick.

Thanks!
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by ianlee74 View Post
    Did you ever find a solution to this? I have a player having the same problem and is unable to get logged in. Unfortunately, he's also the most active player. I need to find a solution quick.

Thanks!
    Ian
    It should be fixed in the 2.4.0 version that's in the repo atm (not as a release).

You can get the required files for the mods folder from here:

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadComp...Mods/BCManager

The system.xml in the defaults has several things turned on, so you might want to check those and disable the ones you don't want

I've been busy working on the medieval mod so haven't had much time for bcm recently. I'll try and get a tidied up release done in the next week or so, just a few bits in the events that needed sorting.