Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

The red text you can ignore, its just the result of flooding the console with too many characters and causes no long term issues (as far as ive seen) and will go away after more text is pushed to the console.

What result were you expecting with the hcd command?

It has a limit for how many regions it loads by default. If you want to do a full map scan for all prefabs you have to adjust the radius setting.

/r=5 will get the full map

/o=0,0 (default setting) can also be used to offset which cell you want to scan. i.e. bc-hcd /o=3,3 /r=1 will get the nine cells around cell 3,3 (2,2 through to 4,4)

bc-hcd /o=0,0 /r=5 will scan from cell -6,-6 through to cell 6,6. Not all of those will have a .hcd file, but its the worst case of 144 files to scan, which can take over a minute on some servers. DONT do this on an active server or no chests or zombies will work for the duration

After you have scanned an area it creates a memory cache so additional calls for info dont have the same impact.

Inventor
    In your last version I was able to fire up a new RWG and search for prefabs in order to find one and confirm the mesh was good. I'd get potential 20-30 results and their coords from all over the map. Now, I seem to only get one result and I run across more than one of the prefabs I searched on the map.

Last version meaning prior to 2.x

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelmyer View Post
    In your last version I was able to fire up a new RWG and search for prefabs in order to find one and confirm the mesh was good. I'd get potential 20-30 results and their coords from all over the map. Now, I seem to only get one result and I run across more than one of the prefabs I searched on the map.

Last version meaning prior to 2.x
    yeah thats because the previous version didnt have the radius limit, but had a downside of always giving the entire server a long pause as it calculated the data the first time after a reboot.

doing bc-hcd /r=5 is the same as the old method, best run from a web browser or you will overflow the game console as you saw

Inventor
    Got it. It's the absolute best freaking command in the world when looking for a prefab to confirm the mesh is fine. lol. Was running all over a map before guppy pointed it out... >.>

added the tileentity command, bc-te. Ive marked the next release to be 2.0.0 stable

still plenty to work on but i think most of the nre's should be handled now

use help for the full list of options on bc-te until i have more time to do a vid :P

Release isnt availble yet but you can try the latest compiled dll from the souce code

https://github.com/7days2mod/BadComp...Mods/BCManager

A couple of people have reported a possible issue with the mod causing EAC to boot players. If you experience that could you please post the error from log file so I can try to see what might be the cause.

Possibly related to the saveworld function...

Updated repo to v2.0.1 with an update to the tile entity command.

It now supports execution on unloaded chunks.

by default it will request all unloaded chunks, then attempt to get those chunks for up to 2000 milliseconds (/timeout=#### to change). Keep in mind this will lock the server while it is processing using this method, so dont use a long timeout when players are gaming

An alternative is to run the command, and if it times out, wait a little then try again as it will still be loading the chunks in the background.

The chunks remain loaded for quite some time, so I will look at an unload function for chunks not near players soon.

Will add this feature to block, import, and export when I get time. Then you'll be able to import/export prefabs anywhere, even with no players online

Updated repo to 2.0.2

Has an improved tile entity chunk method.
    Added chunk observer command

For tile entity it now uses a chunk observer (2.0.1 method could cause issues) to load chunks.

CO's have a limit of +13 chunk radius, so for the moment that is the limit if used as a single command (you can get observers into the areas required beforehand manually for large areas, will add a multi observer bit next updated)

The output from the command is now using a sub-thread once it hits the processing command section (i.e. after params are parsed). For console and telnet, this shouldn't make any difference (other than delayed response) and has the benefit of moving the heavy lifting to a sub thread so the game doesnt lock up during the processing. For web commands the output is currently sent to log after it moves into the sub threaded section. I'm working on a little command to display output from previous subthreaded commands results to make this easier to use (next update).

options for tile entity: (know issue with lock/ unlock being slow for very large areas)

bc-te scan <area>
    - scan the area and report stats for tileentities found. Complex tileentities such as the powered blocks Im still working on fleshing out the full details

bc-te owner <area> /id=<steamid>
    - grants the user ownership of containers (as if you had placed it yourself)

bc-te access <area> /id=<steamid>
    - grants a user access to containers (as if you had entered a password)

bc-te revoke <area> /id=<steamid>
    - removes the given steamid from the users granted access to a container

bc-te lock <area> /pwd=$$$
    - lock secure te's. /pwd (optional) with no value can be used to clear password, or with a value to set new password

bc-te unlock <area>
    - unlock containers

bc-te empty <area>
    - removes all loot for all targeted containers

bc-te reset <area>
    - return all loot containers to untouched status. You can use this to make player placed containers lootable, also containers with items can be made untouched and still keep the loot

bc-te remove <area> /confirm
    - remove all tiles, /confirm is required as it is destructive and currently there is no undo

bc-te additem <x> <y> <z> /item=<itemclass id or exactname> /c=<count from 1 to max stack> /q=<1-600, quality for items that have q>
    - working on more options for additem, such as exact slot, multi stacks etc

bc-te removeitem (to be added)

All commands that can have an <area> accept the following param options:
    bc-te <cmd> - use current player location, with radius = 0 by default (/r= for chunk based, /loc to use stored loc as second location)
    bc-te <cmd> <cx> <cz> - use cx cz as the center of a chunk based area
    bc-te <cmd> <x> <y> <z> - single block
    bc-te <cmd> <cx> <cz> <cx2> <cz2> - area of chunks between cx cz and cx2 cz2
    bc-te <cmd> <x> <y> <z> <x2> <y2> <z2> - area defined by two block vectors

Some that require a single block only accept <x> <y> <z> (such as additem)

also:
    /r=0-13 (chunk radius)
    /loc (use a stored loc for a second co-ord)
    /type=<typefilter> - filter (case insensitive) can be one of the tileentity block types (see scan output for examples, such as secureloot, securedoor)

bc-co (BCChunkObserver) is a new command with the following options:

bc-co list
    Code:
    Count:3
    id:1, pos:8 0 8, dim:3, chunks:81, entity:-1
    id:2, pos:8 0 8, dim:12, chunks:729, entity:-1
    id:3, pos:37 92 -96, dim:12, chunks:723/729, entity:171
    entity:-1 means it's not attached to an entity (i.e. all obs spawned with my commands)
    Dont rely on the chunks part being fully accurate, it seems the last batch of chunks sent dont get recorded as loaded so it often shows a bit less than the full number. Non entity ob's dont show loaded progress so chunks always shows how many chunks the obs will cause to load.

bc-co spawn <x> <y> <z> <viewdim>
    spawns a new ob's with infinite lifetime (wont despawn until server shutdown or removed manually)

bc-co remove <id> (wont work on player observers)
    removes the observer, and any chunks loaded (if not needed by others)

bc-co move <id> <x> <y> <z> (wont work on player observers)
    moves the observer to a new location, causing chunks loaded to change (old area unloaded, new area loaded)

import also had a small addition on request. You can specify /refresh to bypass the multidim block removal. The aim for this is to allow multidim blocks, such as 5x2 signs and workbenches to keep their text/content on importing the same prefab over the top (i.e. used to refresh a damaged prefab)

EDIT:
    Release updated:
    https://github.com/7days2mod/BadComp.../v2.0.2_stable
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 09-16-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Also, all events are disabled by default in the next release.

I have changed the save world event but have not been able to test with multiple players so it's unknown yet if it works without causing EAC conflicts.

Refugee

custom commands

anyway of adding custom commands???

exp:
    chat /loc

sets loc for that player

/block air

would set it to air for that player

with cooldowns,cost,permission level

Cost it would be good to see the cost run on zombie kills so if a command was 50 kill u would need to have killed 50 zombie then it removes the 50 kills from your player?
    Last edited by azza_woody; 09-17-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by azza_woody View Post
    anyway of adding custom commands???

exp:
    chat /loc

sets loc for that player

/block air

would set it to air for that player

with cooldowns,cost,permission level

Cost it would be good to see the cost run on zombie kills so if a command was 50 kill u would need to have killed 50 zombie then it removes the 50 kills from your player?
    I didnt have any immediate plans for such a feature.

you can achieve it by using a server manager however, such as RAT and setting up the events to run the commands and do the level check etc.

Once I have most of the world editing stuff working the way I want I can start adding in more dynamic systems like costs and such.

The repo has been updated with my latest build (not a release yet)

It includes a new spawn command:

Code:
          Usage:
                1. spawn horde
                2. spawn horde <x> <y> <z>
                3. spawn entity <entityClassName>
                4. spawn entity <entityClassName> <x> <y> <z>
          Notes:
                Use bc-help to get a list of common /options
                for all options: with x y z it will target that location
                                 without x y z it will target the command giver, unless one of the below targeting options is used
                                 /player=<name|entityid|steamid> - targets that player
                                 /p=x,y,z or /position=x,y,z - targets that location
                                 /min=# and /max=# to change the default distance from the target to spawn. 
                                 /max must be greater than /min to get valid spawns (/min=0 /max=1 is the closest spawn option)
                subcommands:
                horde -  spawns a horde of zombies in a circle around the target
                         use /count=# to set the number to spawn with the command, default is 25
                         use /group=<entitygroupname> to set the group to select entities from, default is ZombiesAll
                entity - spawns a single entity of the <entityClassName>, near the target (default 40-60 blocks distance)

The min and max can be quite large, as the entities are chunk observers, however, if they are spawned in unloaded chunks things go a little wonky. With a view distance of 12, and all chunks around loaded, up to about 180-200 should be ok, but if you see warping entities you know you went too far

I'll improve the method in a later version using a sub-thread to wait for chunks to load, and limit the spawns per cycle so that it doesn't wait to spawn all 200 if you use /count=200

I just wanted to get a quick version done for now

I have a question, looking at the vid gave me a thought. Is it possible to set primary target to a particular structure, not door or block but a POI or prefab. Secondary target being player.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sheetzngeegles View Post
    I have a question, looking at the vid gave me a thought. Is it possible to set primary target to a particular structure, not door or block but a POI or prefab. Secondary target being player.
    The targeting works on world position co-ordinates so you can send them at a specific spot.

I made some additions last night that ill finish up tonight and put into a release. You can now send them to a secondary target for the moveto part, so you can simulate wandering hordes quite effectively