Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

Update Time

BREAKING CHANGES:
    Reworked the entire list players commands
    bc-lp is now the primary command, any other commands for list players will just be an alias for the various options of list players.
    bc-lp /filters and bc-lp /index will list the available columns for use for the new /filter option (the first is by name, the second by int index)
    bc-lp /filter=steamid,name,position,gamestage or bc-lp /filter=0,1,9,27 - new filter system allows you to list which fields to return in the data set. /filter is a csv (no spaces) of the columns or indexes
    bc-gs is currently the only alias command set up. All other list player commands have been removed.
    This format will be applied to the other list game object commands in the next release. The field names for list player should be pretty stable now, but if you plan to integrate the other commands hold of until they are updated as names will change.
    Chat and console output options will get a bit of tidy up in next update, primary focus for recode is server managers.

All list commands default to json print pretty. To disable print pretty you can use /1l (one line) to get the result back as a single line of text. Alternatively edit your commands.xml to change the default options

NEW COMMANDS:
    bc-remove - remove entities of any type. Individually by entity id, or multiple entities with a type filter.
    bc-remove <entityid>
    bc-remove /type=EntityZombie (remove entities of type EntityZombie, exact match required)
    bc-remove /istype=EntityEnemy (remove entities of type EntityEnemy, target type can be a parent type for the entity)
    bc-remove /all - nuke everything except players, WARNING: not tested on MP server with others online)
    bc-remove /type=EntityFallingBlock or bc-remove /type=EntityItem (handy for when massive falling chunks or dropped items lag the server)

bc-getspawn - gets a valid spawn point at the given location (handy for getting ground level when an air drop spawns since the reported spawn is up in the air)
    This command also forces the chunk to load, and remain loaded until all players leave the server. This can be used to do block edit commands while nobody is online or in the region, or spawn entities etc. Future version will have additional options.

Entity Spawn Mutator - neuron - this currently reports the spawn pos of any new spawn (including falling blocks and dropped items), and can potentially manipulate the entities properties such as run speed, health, buffs etc. Let me know some ideas or requirements for this and I'll add some options.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    Fixed issues with client chunk reloading. Please report any further issues encountered.
    bc-wblocks - Sometimes has problems with multidim blocks, run the command twice to help overcome and blocks that don't render. Also applies for import
    bc-wblocks - Sometimes causes console spam errors. If this happens run /undo to revert the changes (WARNING: This may break the server, please make backups of your regions regularly)

- - - Updated - - -

This update fixes the biggest issue with block and import, namely the chunk reloading code. It turns out I had everything working fine, and it was just a log out at the bottom trying to reference the updateFor list for a client that had no updates (without checking they exist first)

I tried the RPC version of the set block, but apart from making it a lot slower saw no better results for multidim block issues, so changed it back.
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 07-31-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Known Issue:

bc-lp /filter=bag etc doesn't work. Seems I coded it as /bag /belt etc.

will fix that up for the next update

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I want to point out a feature that this mod has that goes unspoken a lot, and that's its extra ability to add NEW mods. An example.

One of the things the mod does is output a bit more text to the console when events happen. For instance, whenever an airdrop occurs, the vanilla output says where the crate was spawned at. That's pretty useless information.

THIS mod says where the crate will land. That's f'kin useful. Because I now have that y coordinate, I'm able to send a custom command that spawns a horde based on that location. I couldn't do that in vanilla. Well, I could, and although it's cool to see zombies fall out of the sky, it's useless.

So when people are looking at these mods, don't just look at what it does, look at what you could do with it.

Me, I wrote a custom app to listen to the telnet stream that when it sees that event indicator, it spawns zombies at that location.

Server managers are taking advantage of the features this badboy includes to not only improve the efficiency on their own commands, but to include new abilities as well.

So +1 to stompy for this.

Will push the fix out for prefab import soon.

Just testing a few other bits... looks like they've altered the underground stats, so will have to change the underground detection to compare y with terrain y

Update Time

Fix for the import command that changed with 16.2

Fixed a number of potential NRE's

Stompy, How do I load these on my dedi?

same as allocs, just place the folder in Mods

I forgot to mention, with the latest version I have created a DefaultConfigs folder, and if the commands.xml and system.xml don't exist in the Config folder the defaults will be used instead

OK, I dropped everything from yours folder in the mods folder, guess they should work upon restart. Thanks.

Potential Conflict - after updating Allocs, Coppi, and BC for 16.2, trying to spawn in a supply drop gives a console error. Deleting the BC manager from the server lets them spawn in as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateDough View Post
    Potential Conflict - after updating Allocs, Coppi, and BC for 16.2, trying to spawn in a supply drop gives a console error. Deleting the BC manager from the server lets them spawn in as normal.
    I've updated the releases with that event disabled for now. I was under the impression the chunk would always be loaded when the air drop onloaded event fired, but that appears to not be the case. I'll change it to a deferred notification that waits for the chunk to confirm it has loaded at some stage and re-enable once that is working.

if you don't need the spawn notification at all then disable the entityspawnmutator in System.xml for now

What folders do i install this to? I cant find any instructions. Oh in the mods folder
    Last edited by wolverine576; 08-06-2017 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine576 View Post
    What folders do i install this to? I cant find any instructions. Oh in the mods folder
    Yep, mods folder same as allocs mods etc

Hey Stompy. I dropped the BCManager folder into my Mods directory on my linux dedi, doesn't seem to be working though. Had a discussion with Trekkan on Discord and he's not sure why it's not working either. Any insights?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Run a real OS.

/snickers and runs

Known Issue:

Linux servers break my code that finds the location of the Config folders.

Temporary fix, move the DefaultConfig and Config folders to the root of the Mods folder to get it working until I get a fix out.

Mods/DefaultConfig
    Mods/Config
    Mods/BCManager

etc