Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

Inventor
    So sweet... I can't wait to implement some of the ideas I have in RAT thanks to your work! =)

Really nice work Trekkan with the last of RAT dude. I haven't used in a year or so. But its Ideal for multi-managing now when not logged on anywhere but home xD

Stompy Is there a way of adding Prefix for admins that can be configured for their level. eg Moderator: Staff: Admin: etc? Maybe assign like name colouring method or something??

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aribo View Post
    Stompy Is there a way of adding Prefix for admins that can be configured for their level. eg Moderator: Staff: Admin: etc? Maybe assign like name colouring method or something??

thanks
    yeah there's ways that can be done.

I'll add it to my list

can't wait to use bad company with alpha 16!

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Stomp, I think you're going to find that most people don't understand 99% of the cool stuff you can do with your mod. You may want to do an entire video showcasing the features, so that they're "in english" for those of us who are NOT as mod-minded as you, so to speak (translation: for the rest of us dummies ).

Just a thought.
    Totally agree with Guppy here. I tried the mod for the first time today and love it! But yeah, a video showing the various commands in practice would be most awesome for "beginners" - most especially the commands used to create and import prefabs, build a prefab underground etc.

I'll try and get a vid done this weekend to demo the install and basic command intro

Currently working on making serializable data objects for the list commands so I can make better use of LitJson library. While I'm doing this i'll look at a way to do the /filter=1,2,5,6 to only get certain fields, and a /columns option to provide a list of column names to index.

It will mean a change in the output data structure but once this is done it will be easier to maintain and keep consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    I'll try and get a vid done this weekend to demo the install and basic command intro

Currently working on making serializable data objects for the list commands so I can make better use of LitJson library. While I'm doing this i'll look at a way to do the /filter=1,2,5,6 to only get certain fields, and a /columns option to provide a list of column names to index.

It will mean a change in the output data structure but once this is done it will be easier to maintain and keep consistent.
    Awesome! Thank you

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Yay. Feed my laziness...

...@libby, you say that, but good luck with his thick accent. =)
    Last edited by Guppycur; 07-15-2017 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Yay. Fred my laziness...

...@libby, you say that, but good luck with his thick accent. =)
    ah he's not so bad, and sometimes he does a silent vid with just the text - that's cool too - as long as we can see the commands and what happens after he uses them.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    It's definitely powerful. We were base prefab building and I built a tower, he went and copy/pasted to the other three corners. Good stuff.

@Guppycur - yeah, for sure. I've been playing around with it and I really like what I see so far! Great work!

Zombie Hunter
    Feature requests:

Add some sort of push request type thing where rather than needing to poll the server regularly, we can ask the server to notify us via telnet when x is detected.

Here's some x's;

A player is detected flying (like Coppi's mod).
    A player is detected clipping (I have no idea if hackers will be able to, but I don't see why not - they're hackers).
    A player's position changes by more than x distance since the last known position (without dying or a server command like a teleport).

Another thing that is no longer reported, the x y z of zombie spawns. There's no way to despawn a zed at spawn. I can only do that later.
    Could you add a spawn suppressor from a list of x y z's and a distance from them? The current system of using le is quite spammy.

Also just adding here though we discussed it on Steam;

Add back the Player joined message when the player actually joins. Having to wait until they spawn in the world to know that they need to be kicked is too slow.

I'll look into those. The push method is something I've been working on for a while now. For telnet all that requires is a log message right? That being the case it's simple to push a message to log etc.

The other idea was to have a broadcast system that your endpoint subscribes to the game server then it will send out the data at intervals (dependant on settings and server fps) to that endpoint... could possibly set something up for irc but that may take a bit as I'd have to work out how to connect etc (only dealt with api's so far)

I'm about halfway through redoing the list commands (prob another day to finish) then ill go over the requests and start adding things in

API has hooks for:

GameAwake
    GameStartDone
    GameUpdate - every time anything changes in the world (i.e. a lot)
    GameShutdown
    PlayerLogin - should give you instant notice when a player connects and takes a slot
    PlayerSpawning - not quite sure when this triggers, somewhere between login and SpawnedIntoWorld
    PlayerSpawnedInWorld - they are fully loaded into the game at this point and can be kicked without crashing them etc
    PlayerDisconnected
    SavePlayerData - every 30 secs, or when looting triggers an update
    ChatMessage - this is where chat hooks are done, can intercept or pass messages through
    CalcChunkColorsDone - chunk colors are done, so you can tie map stuff to this one

There's also a bunch of delegates you can subscribe to for various things. Chromecide has done a great job of making a wrapper class for those, but you can also directly subscribe

Such as:
    World.OnEntityLoadedDelegate - could do what you wanted with the pos on spawn maybe, if not then polling the entity list for new entries
    GameStats.OnChangedDelegate - I think guppy had interest in this one
    EntityStats.AddBuffChangedDelegate
    etc
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 07-16-2017 at 08:41 PM.

Refugee
    Is there a way we can modify the slot on an entity or container, to give/remove items to boxes, players, etc.?