Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Company Manager (ApiMod for Servers)

have loaded a probable fix to: https://github.com/7days2mod/BadComp...Mods/BCManager

will update with a new release once I can confirm if this works on linux

A handy tip for prefabbers using a remote server, create a symlink in allocs web server to point to your Prefabs folder

(windows version - change the path to match your server setup, in command console with run as admin)
    cd "C:\Games\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Mods\Allocs_WebAndMapRendering\webserver"
    mklink /D Prefabs "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Data\Prefabs"

if you run this, then you can use allocs web server to have download links for your prefabs

then you can download from:
    http://<yourip>:<allocs_port>/static/Prefabs/prefabname.tts (or any file, .xml, .mesh etc)

N00b question but I love your mod!

I install this on my dedicated server for my friends.
    Do my friend need to have the mod install as well in order to join?

Edit: Aw, wrong mod. I thought this was just the bad company mod.
    Last edited by bsan89; 08-07-2017 at 11:21 PM.

For this mod, it's server side only.

For my xml mod only the server is required to have the files, I'm not using anything that isn't pushed

Refugee

Im really new to hosting a 7d2d server

So my question is.. how to install this BCM on a dedicated server?
    I dont have any map named Mods in my directory.

Thanks in advance

You place it in the Mods folder (create if doesn't exist) that sits in the main 7days to die server folder.

the path should be: 7 Days to Die Dedicated Server/Mods/BCManager/*

So I spent all of Sunday and Monday evening working on finding the problem. I have finally fixed the issue with block insert and multidim blocks causing a collapse.

Version 2.0 is coming along nicely and I hope to have at least a preview release ready by the weekend.

I have completely re-written the entire mod, with many changes, improvements, and optimisations.

Refugee
    Look forward to it stompy, thanks for your dedication..its appreciated

Colony Founder
    Sorry if I missed this question browsing. But this is only for dedicated server? It won't work if I install the mod on my local machine and start up a creative mode game?

Colony Founder
    I must be installing this wrong. I setup a Dedicated Server on my local machine and am able to get into the world. However I copied the contents of BCManager into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Data" and it's not working. There's a variety of "how to install mods" out there and i'm messing up something not getting this installed right.

Reinstalling my server and trying again. :-/

EDIT:

Figured it out. Way to many "How To Install Mods" articles/videos out there and they seem to vary notably.

Found Stompy's "BCM Tutorial 01 Install" video and came to understand that there's supposed to be a "Mods" folder in the "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" folder.

So... the install is just dropping the BCManager folder into the following folder...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die Dedicated Server\Mods"

Where the "7 Days to Die Dedicated Server" folder contains the following other folders:
    "7DaysToDieServer_Data"
    "Data"
    Last edited by Jackelmyer; 09-01-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Yes, this is a server only mod, just like allocs

XML mods go in the data folder, but API mods like this and allocs need to go in the mods folder (which wont exist at first)

I'll be redoing the instal vid to cover the full process from nothing so it hopefully makes things clearer for those new to the setup.

just a heads up that the beta1 for verson 2.0.0 is available in the code repo.

It has most of the data models updated, and some changes to the world editing commands.

NOTE: This is not (yet) compaitble with RAT as Trekkan will need to make some changes, so if you use RAT dont run this version until Trekkan says its time.

The world editing commands include a fixed block command, and I just need to do some testing tonight then will have the updated prefab command too.

VERSION 2.0.0 is not compatible with old versions, please delete all old configs for BCM before running the new version
    Last edited by StompyNZ; 08-30-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by StompyNZ View Post
    just a heads up that the beta1 for verson 2.0.0 is available in the code repo.

It has most of the data models updated, and some changes to the world editing commands.

NOTE: This is not (yet) compaitble with RAT as Trekkan will need to make some changes, so if you use RAT dont run this version until Trekkan says its time.

The world editing commands include a fixed block command, and I just need to do some testing tonight then will have the updated prefab command too.

VERSION 2.0.0 is not compatible with old versions, please delete all old configs for BCM before running the new version

So should I be switching to this version now with some of the primary prefab build work i'm doing or is this a test build (I know, beta, alpha, weee!)? And do you think it's going to work with A16.3 the new release as of today? And no... I'm totally not asking if you tested it. Just curious on your thoughts.

And my big question: Does this work with electricity? So if I put in a functional electricity enabled Prefab, would it function? Would Turrets retain their targeting direction? stuff like that?

Thanks again Stompy!

Just updated to A16.3 b12 with BCM 1.6.2_b7.1 and got lots of exceptions.
    Is the old version not compatible with the new A16.3?

Any ETA on a stable 2.0?
    (also looking @trekkan here )

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by djkrose View Post
    Just updated to A16.3 b12 with BCM 1.6.2_b7.1 and got lots of exceptions.
    Is the old version not compatible with the new A16.3?

Any ETA on a stable 2.0?
    (also looking @trekkan here )
    I wonder the same