Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update to 8 player co-op?

Refugee

Update to 8 player co-op?

I'm sure this has been gone over about 9 million times but what was the sole purpose to have a fantastic game like this be crippled by a 4 player only co-op. I'm sure myself and a lot of us have like 30 friends in which play this already. So really not hard to find enough people to play up to 8 player matches.

This game is highly addictive. I feel it's somewhat ruined by the limitation to multiplayer. Understanding PC version supports up to 8 also understanding console and PC hardware differences. But that shouldn't be a reason why this game shouldn't be to its full potential.
    Last edited by SylenThunder; 07-13-2017 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Closed old thread to avoid zombie thread

Refugee

Update more players per lobby

I completely agree! I need to play with more people. Would love to run a small town with a wall around it. People harvesting food and etc. would be so much better with more people per lobby. And maybe even public servers with no specific player host

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghackt View Post
    I'm sure this has been gone over about 9 million times but what was the sole purpose to have a fantastic game like this be crippled by a 4 player only co-op. I'm sure myself and a lot of us have like 30 friends in which play this already. So really not hard to find enough people to play up to 8 player matches.

This game is highly addictive. I feel it's somewhat ruined by the limitation to multiplayer. Understanding PC version supports up to 8 also understanding console and PC hardware differences. But that shouldn't be a reason why this game shouldn't be to its full potential.
    Yeah. Weve had situations where there were more than 4 of us who wanted to play. Id prefer dedicated or even rentable servers for the console as a way to do it. Im not sure a single console could host more than 4 people.

Banned
    Apparently it's impossible with this voxxel based game butt yep, we all agree. Lobby size suffers. Would be way more immersive w even 10 or 8. Maybe a year from now.
    Last edited by Rouskei; 03-08-2017 at 06:46 AM.

Refugee

Lightbulb Better multiplayer=more money

Something the devs need to understand is that there is a very wide array of people on all systems, xbox, pc, playstation, right now they are making most of their money on the pc, at some point that wont be enough, if the current software they are using for console is not able to handle more than 4 players then they need to find a new software that has the capabilities to handle it. At least 8 players instead of 4. me and my friends love playing this game, but when new people that we know want to play it, and they don't have a pc, i hate to say it but we tell them to not even waste their time. 4 players is fun and all, but eventually it gets old, you run out of things to scavenge, you eventually cant even have decent PvP because of how limited it is. my recommendation to the devs, find a way to make it better before your console edition fails, and trust me i don't want to see that!

Banned
    This game will never shine on console , its a zombie survival game w 4 players. Thats a glorified left 4 dead, but more so just plain boring . Ive talked w them about day z and others like h1z1, TFP retorts by pointing out those games flaws. Ive played day z pc last year, with the lack of zombies being fixed(heeey) 7 days kinda has that issue sometimes) , games 1like h1z1 and day z will B-slap 7 days out of the water. After play ing 7 days i have new found patience for ACTUAL survival games. Thosee features consist of rpg mechanics like surrender , capturing player s and etc. . Lastly, adding on to that final comments truth, you watch a day z or h1z1 stream and theyre naturally creating ROLEPLAYING scenarios such as The Walking Dead would. 7 days can't do that so their streams are just gameplay bs, nothing exciting

Quote Originally Posted by Rouskei View Post
    This game will never shine on console , its a zombie survival game w 4 players. Thats a glorified left 4 dead, but more so just plain boring . Ive talked w them about day z and others like h1z1, TFP retorts by pointing out those games flaws. Ive played day z pc last year, with the lack of zombies being fixed(heeey) 7 days kinda has that issue sometimes) , games 1like h1z1 and day z will B-slap 7 days out of the water. After play ing 7 days i have new found patience for ACTUAL survival games. Thosee features consist of rpg mechanics like surrender , capturing player s and etc. . Lastly, adding on to that final comments truth, you watch a day z or h1z1 stream and theyre naturally creating ROLEPLAYING scenarios such as The Walking Dead would. 7 days can't do that so their streams are just gameplay bs, nothing exciting
    This is just a question for my curiosity. Not trolling you or trying to start anything, but if you feel this way about the game why are you even coming here? Why watch 7DTD streams if you don't enjoy them? Why not just play the other games you do enjoy? If I didn't like a game so much as you don't seem to like this one I wouldn't even have anything to do with it at all. You are going to stress yourself into an early grave.

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    This is just a question for my curiosity. Not trolling you or trying to start anything, but if you feel this way about the game why are you even coming here? Why watch 7DTD streams if you don't enjoy them? Why not just play the other games you do enjoy? If I didn't like a game so much as you don't seem to like this one I wouldn't even have anything to do with it at all. You are going to stress yourself into an early grave.
    All this liitle kid does is troll. One glance at her post history says it all. Some kids need to bash others to feel good about themselves. Really no point in replying because then you've given them the attention they seek. It's sad to see people behave this way, but they will always be around. Such a cliche personality too, no character whatsoever.

do you mean you're not able to set your limit higher than 8? its in serverconfig.xml, my server is currently set to 64 players. The only reason TFP (as far as i know) dont officially support more than 8 YET is due to optimisations. I can tell you myself from hosting my server(s) that 32+ player servers are definitely feasible, if you've got fast enough hard drives in your server and enough cores/ram

Quote Originally Posted by bigc90210 View Post
    do you mean you're not able to set your limit higher than 8? its in serverconfig.xml, my server is currently set to 64 players. The only reason TFP (as far as i know) dont officially support more than 8 YET is due to optimisations. I can tell you myself from hosting my server(s) that 32+ player servers are definitely feasible, if you've got fast enough hard drives in your server and enough cores/ram
    This is for console and our player max is 4. (Jokes about us peasants goes here)

Quote Originally Posted by bigc90210 View Post
    This is the console section buddy :P

No XML's

Understanding PC version supports up to 8 also understanding console and PC hardware differences. But that shouldn't be a reason why this game shouldn't be to its full potential.
    Actually it's the entire reason.

The console clients work pretty well. It's the host console that is woefully underequipped to be a "server".
    That it can only be a non-dedicated server doesn't exactly help.
    Then there will be RAM fragmentation, GC issues, being unable to allocate memory regions of the required size... technical gibberish stuff, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Actually it's the entire reason.

The console clients work pretty well. It's the host console that is woefully underequipped to be a "server".
    That it can only be a non-dedicated server doesn't exactly help.
    Then there will be RAM fragmentation, GC issues, being unable to allocate memory regions of the required size... technical gibberish stuff, y'know?
    Is it safe to assume a Ps4 pro would help if the host had one?

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MutilatorJuice View Post
    Is it safe to assume a Ps4 pro would help if the host had one?
    I don't believe the pro has that much extra power over the standard. It's just a slightly faster CPU (same old outdated architecture), and faster RAM. (No additional RAM, not even a new faster type of RAM, just slightly faster RAM.)
    The GPU is what the major improvement was, and that's not going to help you a lot with the other core hardware limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    I don't believe the pro has that much extra power over the standard. It's just a slightly faster CPU (same old outdated architecture), and faster RAM. (No additional RAM, not even a new faster type of RAM, just slightly faster RAM.)
    The GPU is what the major improvement was, and that's not going to help you a lot with the other core hardware limitations.
    Yeah, PS4 pro is the same PS4 lol. Now with the new Xbox coming out.. that one should be able to host like 16.