View Poll Results: What do you think about the proposed two new zombie bosses?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Resurrector: I like it!

25 59.52%
  • Resurrector: Meh...

10 23.81%
  • Resurrector: I dislike it!

6 14.29%
  • Behemoth: I like it!

30 71.43%
  • Behemoth: Meh...

6 14.29%
  • Behemoth: I dislike it!

2 4.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16 Q&A with Madmole: Volume 9

hey mm
    you kinda scared me with the giant zombie last video so my question here is will we expect to see some home alone inspired traps or even traps from the predator movie to help combat the growing threat of zombies.

(love a swinging giant pipe or even a giant spiked wood log)

Refugee

Smile

Hey MM, you mentioned in the dev diary that you might return to vehicles in A17. What would be the next ones you plan to add and will you be improving them with better physics?

It would be cool to have a car to pick your friends and bring them to your base faster, and once the physics are better remove third person view with vehicles because it losses immersiveness. Operation Flashpoint 1 had great vehicle physics and it was released like 15 years ago, I hope eventually the vehicle experience is as good in this game.
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Madmole answered the when in the dev diary

Reconstructionist
    Madmole,
    Thanks for one of the best games out there! With the new socket system in random gen, will there be partial towns/cities created to fit the terrain, or will it only generate them if there is enough room? Might we see a hub city containing 10 city blocks instead of the standard 24 blocks? Just curious and can't wait till comes out.

Refugee

Transponder / Tracker

What do you think about adding a recipe for crafting a transponder or tracker so that our mini-bike or whatever we attach it to shows up on our map and/or compass?

Some of the more frustrating things in the game revolves around the mini-bike. It is easily lost or easily stolen. If there was a way to use some electrical parts and duct tape, we could build and put a transponder onto the bike to track it down using the compass. If someone steals your bike, you have a set amount of time to track it down before the battery dies and its gone forever.
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 06:07 PM. Reason: needed a question...

Colony Founder
    Madmole, are distant POIs, terrain, etc. going to be updated if what they represent changes or is it going to go to default and only show the house or whatever in it's unchanged original state and is it possible to make distant blocks appear to be lit up if they are so they don't appear dark at a distance and only light up when you get close?

I just realized something that I have seen before in other games. It's about distant loaded chunks. Is that they don't update when the object that they represent is changed.

For example: You could have a house in the game but you end up destroying it. But when you get away from the house. The distance is going to render the building the same way as it did before.
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    While you're updating all the block shapes, would you consider offsetting the catwalks to be flush with the top of the block instead of the bottom?

Then instead of this:

We could have this (without having to rotate the catwalks upside down, which looks ugly):

This would also help with ladders, and zombies that need the full 2 blocks of height to move. Right now, if you do this you can't dismount the top of the ladder sometimes.
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 01-09-2017 at 08:48 AM.

coloured lighting

Greetings from new Zealand GREAT GAME .

My question: What are the chances of getting colored lighting in the build menu and light fixtures that shine colored light and hang from the ceiling and mount on the walls?

It would be great to have a build option to make them and choose the color of the light.

Also the ability to make torches that shine colored light (eg) metal , electrical components , glass , plastic and maybe a colored red flower to choose the color to make a red light that hangs from the ceiling. I have no idea what it would do for framerate but it would make some atmospheric bases and screenshots and youtube videos.

Thanks .
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 12:05 AM.

Scavenger
    We have doors, garage doors and drawbridges, but only 1x1 hatches. What are the chances of getting a proper larger sized hatch, say a 2x2 or 3x3?

Refugee

Clips for game?

Hi, MM, the past preview was great, especially the new zombies)
    Question: Will there ever be created clips for the weapons to look more realistic?
    For example, to make two recipes:
    1. The first recipe will be for the clips and the clip will be created from pieces of plastic or scrap metal(if it is possible to introduce quality clips) and one spring.
    2. The second will be associated with the bullets, where when you click on them you can move the clip arms.
    Or just simply add the option to add bullets in the clip, which will be created automatically.

Refugee

Starting Weapons

Almost every Weapon Specialization has a weak but easy to craft starting weapon
    Blunt: Wooden Club
    Blade: Bone Shiv
    Archery: Wooden Bow
    Shotguns: Blunderbuss
    So how about
    Pistol: Flintlock Pistol and
    Rifle: Matchlock Carbine ?

Mining/ore distribution

Hello Jake from state farm!
    After watching all the Q&As, i know that our Jake doesn't really like the sentence "How about you guys add/change this/that" sooo i'm going to ask like this:

Are there going to be any mining/ore distribution changes in A16?

The current mining feels really slow (not one-shooting stone). What about class system? Maybe certain classes could have perks not avalible for others? For example: miner would let us one-shoot stone / go past the max 100 mining skill lvls to like 125 or 150? Maybe a perk (for all classes) "swing speed" bound to athletics and mining?
    How about...ummm i mean ... maybe possibility to make a diamond pickaxe out of those diamonds we sometimes find - it could have higher block dmg/swing or something like that? What are your ideas/plans?

PS: Please Jake... use the "Pimps" power to give us ability to enter 4 digit numbers in crafting screen...please. For example: It would be awesome to take out of forge that 6,5k of iron out of 15k in one slot and not 4 times 1k.

"In Pimps We Trust"
    Sincerely
    Matush
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 12:10 AM.

Refugee

Lightbulb New block shapes system

Hi MM and all the Team. A16 is looking really awesome! Looking forward to playing it!

My questions is not related directly to news of this week. I'm not very sure how the new shape menu is going to work. Do you have to build a wooden frame and then change it to another shape? And the same with other matherials? It sounds a bit strange to craft a box and change it to a circle, more even when they have different material costs. So how does it work?

My Suggestion
    I think it would be much better if the construction tool let you place "block blueprints" at no cost, then you would have to add the materials to build the frames/blocks. This way you could also have a preview of what are you doing and how it's going to look. It would be nice even if you could place some blueprints in a row just holding mouse, or similar.

Maybe there is a problem with some blocks, like drawbridge, that require a workbench, but I thinks it is posible to place the blueprint and make it to require "Drawbridge parts" in order to build it up.

What do you think?

Thanks in advice!
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Refugee

Nitrate

Hey MM, Love playing the game own it on console and pc, pc version is the bomb!

Could you take a new look at the balance in raw resources when it comes to nitrate?

If you need lead, Iron or coal it is very simple to obtain. The nitrate is very hard IMO. First off the above ground deposits are in a snow biome (why have a white deposit in a white biome?) they are few and usually have several lumberjacks near them. Underground... well lets say I am yet to find a substantial deposit since playing. The existing above ground deposits are sufficient to go up to day 28 but after that its caveman style with a bow and come day 35+ hoards the bow can't make the cut.

I suppose we could play at a weaker level but what is the fun in that? Great game keep it up guys!
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 06:15 PM.

Improve Corpses

Hey MM,

My Question is: What do you think about improving corpses with dynamic animations such as flies buzzing around them and maggots falling out of them etc. and adding more blood and gore? / What utility are you giving to those ones?

I was advised to write on this thread.
    I just noticed zombie corpses (that lootable half body with blue jacket you find in houses etc) are a few...static.
    I know you're gonna make them wake up and attack you in future, but it would be good if you could add them something more dynamic, like a bunch of flies flying around him or something that moves and you can see inside (worms, larva etc ) aaanddd... ahh more blood, like a texture under the corpse.

Cit. of UMA_Zebra :
    Generating a random corpse based on existing zombies or even a random corpse based on the random playing character creation tool would be a nice change from the comb-over blue-shirt dude I see so many clones of.

But if you're going into great detail, I think that scenes of their grisly demise would be just as appropriate - blood spattered on the walls, trails, evidence of a struggle just depending on where they are generated.
    Last edited by Roland; 01-10-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: trying to clarify for the Mole

Refugee
    Hi madmole!

I made a forum account just to ask this question but I look forward to participating in the 7 days to die community.

You mentioned goreblocks in your latest and I have been missing those a lot. My question is; what can you tell us about a future gore(block) system in the game at this point in time?

I really loved how zombie corpses and gore could pile up and eventually allow bridges and stairs for the zombies to form so they can overwhelm my defenses. A lot of people did not like the cleaning up you had to do but I found it rather immersive. In a zombie apocalypse the corpses would be really pressing matter so having gore be part of a core game mechanic sounds like a great idea. Maybe setting the corpses on fire or allowing players to build a corpse pyre that, when fueled, allows for gore to be easily or automatically cleaned in a radius around it?

Anyway I love your ideas about adding late game threats. Thank you all so much for your time and hard work, I will keep spreading the word about your game!