Thread: how much do you guys think a lifesize movie quality zombie sculpture is worth?

how much do you guys think a lifesize movie quality zombie sculpture is worth?

you don't see a lot of this on etsy. thoughts?

That is a really hard question to answer...
    Material used may be relevant, if it was say made of stone/marble or other heavy, durable stuff then $1-2K I guess, retail, based upon garden statues I have seen etc.
    Then again if you look at https://www.popcultcha.com.au/statue...life-size.html a life sized Bob Fett will set you back $12K Australian.
    Deadpool is $2K but its made of some sort of modelling foam.
    I guess its worth 'as much as someone is willing to pay...' lol

ah yeah, just throwing out there, when I am not working I screw around with other get away from the computer type stuff. I have an art degree, so I am more or less using archival quality materials, they are coming together pretty vfx quality sweet. It is paper mache and latex mostly, but all set and cured for a lengthy existence, metal armatures in some cases or cast cardboard I made.

I am between business + holidays = nothing going on and have a workspace for the first time in years so just started casting gas masks and human torsos and... well, seems like there might be a market for it? otherwise I guess I end up with a garage full of "friends".

When one of these gets closer to complete, I'll surely post it on the forums. I got a lot of body parts and heads and helmets and stuff, not a complete piece yet. it's turned out to be kind of a process. I'm also out of practice and keep running out of materials because I'm really ♥♥♥♥ing out of practice.

Nice definitely post the pictures, MM may even want to see those, the artist in him wont be able to resist

*small photo, wouldnt let me post it larger. kind of hard to see.

removed it, It didnt do it justice. I will post photos somewhere else when they get further on.
    Last edited by LordViperScorpion; 01-08-2017 at 01:12 PM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Upload photo to imgur and post link.

well here is what I had going on a few weeks ago, I have a few more cool things going on but again... work in progress, I need to build all my tools first.

this is nothing right now, and already working on body number 1 adding flesh and such (in resin instead of latex because the latter not being permanent over time.), body number 2 and some of those gas masks got a little ♥♥♥♥ed up (strong moisture in cali right now), yeah I got mad and drew on it a little :P

When I have something really sick to post I will drop something up here. this is just parts building for now.

*I am thinking life size upper torso light boxes would be cool and a lot easier to sell after I am sick of them. not sure.

Last edited by LordViperScorpion; 01-11-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Nice the gas mask turned out great.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I really like the light switch on the wall... fantastically done, very realistic.

(Kidding of course... Nice stuff man, I wish I had talent)

I spent another couple hondo on sculpture materials last night. No one tell my lady friend.

lol... well like I said, I am in the process of building stuff. I don't plan to keep bumping this until I have something dope to show but I do want to show how delicious looking that hot pink gas mask is... when that color has a shine on it. I just want to go back in the house and eat ice cream or candy. and don't get me wrong dudes, just getting back into this stuff after a decade or so, moving slow.... Super fun way to step away from the computer.

That trashy colouring is light, its a big chunk of hot bubblegum I just have trash light out there.

Soon though I will reignite the idea when there is something really cool to look at.

So I figure a lot of dudes pop up on the 7dtd forums and get excited about something and never return or probably forgot about it after a few weeks. I admittedly haven't been playing for a moment, waiting for 17+ to drop I think... but I reckoned I should pop up what's been going on the past 6 months with creature building. I did have to slow down and get a contract again eventually but working with my hands and getting away from the computer is epic healthy as well far as I can tell, I slowed down a bit but still routinely refining things. hoping to having finished lightboxes around september. All this first run stuff I think I am going to sell at cost to recoup into archival quality materials and better mold / casting materials.

Many, many pieces not shown, figured its boring posting a pile of armatured body parts of half put together ♥♥♥♥.

There is an entire wall behind me covered now in body parts and masks and heads and leather (started working with leather again if anyone needs a gimp mask). need to start putting together an endgame... #hailsatan